• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

LongyUK

Supporter
Certified
9/3/21
Guys I have received my LV with the VS3235 Movement. It does feel rather stiff on winding - still smooth but a little harder to wind than others I own.

I'd like to keep this going as long as possible before it fails or needs servicing, any key tips to keep the movement in order? Can it be overwound?

Torque124

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/21
Hi all,
A quick question; If I get a Kermit and I decide the green bezel is too much after a while, and would like to change it to a black, is that possible?
Where would you get a black bezel from, to look like genuine?
Thanks

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Guys I have received my LV with the VS3235 Movement. It does feel rather stiff on winding - still smooth but a little harder to wind than others I own.

I'd like to keep this going as long as possible before it fails or needs servicing, any key tips to keep the movement in order? Can it be overwound?

Hmm I had same issue. First I thought I overwound it as well. After lonnng 70 hours I wound again and stiff/rather feeling was gone.

Reactions: recan1ze

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12

I would honestly recommend doing the exact opposite. Get it serviced BEFORE wearing it for some years, knowing it’s going to last and run great.
I serviced an ARF Sea Dweller, when it was probably half a year old, ran otherwise great, but the movement was already on its way out, due to some debris from the factory grinding everything to dust...
I took a macro shot

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Hmm I had same issue. First I thought I overwound it as well. After lonnng 70 hours I wound again and stiff/rather feeling was gone.

Mine was the same, think its just the movement stopping you over winding it. I could feel the 'clutch' mechanism slipping as I wound. When it ran down it was silky smooth again.

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
I read that you can't overwound the movements. does that not apply to this movement? or is it because of the chinese clones

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
I read that you can't overwound the movements. does that not apply to this movement? or is it because of the chinese clones

You cannot overwound a movement, the winding mechanism will just disengage from the main spring when fully loaded.But why stress every component by trying? Like it was mentioned above, if working ,wear it and let the automatic rotor do the job while you are moving

Reactions: recan1ze

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Guys, don’t wind your watch unless it needs to be wound. If it’s ticking, just leave it alone.

I just leave mine on the winder during the night - the winder rotates 1h and then stops for the next 4h...

Reactions: Tete

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Well for me I had just received the watch and needed to test if all mechanism was working. It started after about 10-15 rotation. Anyway I was really surprised how this movement last about 70 hours!

Reactions: Space Taco

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I just leave mine on the winder during the night - the winder rotates 1h and then stops for the next 4h...

Same. I know there is a rationale that reps last longer off a winder, but I've only ever run into problems when a rep hasn't been used / wound for a while. Usually, because the reversing gears seize up.

sr_design

Horology Curious
17/7/12
I will see how it goes, never had a gen Rolex at 0/sec per day
IMG-0772.jpg

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
I just ordered a "kermit" version from Puretime. The QC look great. Maybe slightly off bezel at 12 and 6, but the 3 and 9 were straight. I was going to ignore it and hope it was just the camera angle.
The timegrapher gave me mixed feelings. 1.2 s/day, awesome... 0.0ms beat error, awesome. But the Amplitude was 238. And I really don't want to send it off right away to get serviced. I like to wear them for a few months and then send it off when the newness wears off.
Am I being to picky?