• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Certified
18/11/13
Same here.

It took China factories an extra 6 years to get to where TC KH dial and hands was back In the day

Sent from the RWI App

Thanks a lot.
So would you say that this VSF could match the quality of one of the latest TC subs? I’m definitely considering to get one of those if yes but also I have to say that I can’t really understand what are the main/minor flaws compared to gen.

Being an old-timer reps enthusiast (been around forums since 2009) I can easily say that 10-13 years ago was way easier to understand that... if I look to a vsf 126xx sample picture for instance I can’t spot anything wrong (therefore no need for gen parts)

sr_design

Horology Curious
17/7/12
Thanks a lot.
So would you say that this VSF could match the quality of one of the latest TC subs? I’m definitely considering to get one of those if yes but also I have to say that I can’t really understand what are the main/minor flaws compared to gen.

Being an old-timer reps enthusiast (been around forums since 2009) I can easily say that 10-13 years ago was way easier to understand that... if I look to a vsf 126xx sample picture for instance I can’t spot anything wrong (therefore no need for gen parts)

TC was able to improve upon many lacking areas of the current 5 digit reps at the time, but did not solve all the flaws.
Bracelet - most reps had an incorrect taper (only to 16mm) poor coronet on clasp, bad SEL gaps. TC offered a bracelet where the links were shaved down to the correct 15.4mm taper, had a much better coronet (although the clasp was still made for 16mm wide links) and he obsessed over the SEL fit and improved it significantly.
Dial - His latest Kensignton High dials had excellent dial print, applied markers and gen like gloss
Hands - Correct Shape & lume, but lacked the 3D effect of gen hands
Crown - Had the same spring gen like feel and screwed down precisely (although a common issue on TC reps was the crowns eventually stripped and had to be replaced)
Case - Lugs and Crown guards were excellent, although lacked any chamfer (5 digit serials had a wide variety of chamfer though)
Bezel - I believe his latest versions offered a machined edge vs the typical stamped for gen like grip and accepted a Gen insert with no modifications.
Crystal & Date Wheel Overlay - Offered a close to gen like print quality on DWO, and same magnification as Gen Cyclops. Better quality of crystal could be found from Clarks, Prof. Crystal, etc.

Biggest tells were the lack of rehaut engravings (he removed as it was poor), incorrect crown position (due to ETA base), poor bezel spring action (he used a custom spring that was really loose) but at the time (7-8 years ago) far surpassed anything else OOTB at the time.

Fast forward to now, and ARF, VSF, Noob, etc. all have these details, build quality, etc. we take for granted now. Add the clone movement with correct crown position and enhanced details/features of the 6 digit Subs and these watches by far are superior to the TC IMO.

However, if you still want a 5 digit sub, the latest TC sub is in a class by itself. The other 5 digit options would be other factory reps highly modded by a skilled craftsman and cost similar.

Last edited:

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Certified
18/11/13
TC was able to improve upon many lacking areas of the current 5 digit reps at the time, but did not solve all the flaws.
Bracelet - most reps had an incorrect taper (only to 16mm) poor coronet on clasp, bad SEL gaps. TC offered a bracelet where the links were shaved down to the correct 15.4mm taper, had a much better coronet (although the clasp was still made for 16mm wide links) and he obsessed over the SEL fit and improved it significantly.
Dial - His latest Kensignton High dials had excellent dial print, applied markers and gen like gloss
Hands - Correct Shape & lume, but lacked the 3D effect of gen hands
Crown - Had the same spring gen like feel and screwed down precisely (although a common issue on TC reps was the crowns eventually stripped and had to be replaced)
Case - Lugs and Crown guards were excellent, although lacked any chamfer (5 digit serials had a wide variety of chamfer though)
Bezel - I believe his latest versions offered a machined edge vs the typical stamped for gen like grip and accepted a Gen insert with no modifications.
Crystal & Date Wheel Overlay - Offered a close to gen like print quality on DWO, and same magnification as Gen Cyclops. Better quality of crystal could be found from Clarks, Prof. Crystal, etc.

Biggest tells were the lack of rehaut engravings (he removed as it was poor), incorrect crown position (due to ETA base), poor bezel spring action (he used a custom spring that was really loose) but at the time (7-8 years ago) far surpassed anything else OOTB at the time.

Fast forward to now, and ARF, VSF, Noob, etc. all have these details, build quality, etc. we take for granted now. Add the clone movement with correct crown position and enhanced details/features of the 6 digit Subs and these watches by far are superior to the TC IMO.

However, if you still want a 5 digit sub, the latest TC sub is in a class by itself. The other 5 digit options would be other factory reps highly modded by a skilled craftsman and cost similar.

Well, one sure thing is that you know how to convince someone.

I’m ordering one right now :)

IntenseImage

16/6/19
Just showed up ... Stellar so far. Really like how the new size fits
ZvevPE.jpg

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Kj2020 you are my mentor, and don't you know it, I read everything you write and trust you

I have been a lurker for a while and I recently created an account, and I agree with the sentiment above.
Kj2020, I pay very close attention to all your comments and I admire your attention to detail and to the hobby.

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Could anyone confirm if a GEN 3235 barrel will fit VS 3235 if the mainspring ever breaks?

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Could anyone confirm if a GEN 3235 barrel will fit VS 3235 if the mainspring ever breaks?

I had the same concern and I am told that it does fit, along with all other genuine parts. I don't know if anyone has installed one though. Gen balance, bridge, and auto-wind module are all plug and play.

Reactions: jkrw247

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Does anyone have a source for identical springbars to fit the vsf 126610? I wouldn't mind keeping a few extras on hand.

Esaelias

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/18
Again thinking of getting the LN version

but im confusef they say the current batches cyclops isnt as good? Is this the only issue with the new batches?

Reactions: recan1ze

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Again thinking of getting the LN version

but im confusef they say the current batches cyclops isnt as good? Is this the only issue with the new batches?

It’s very good cyclops and very clear with halo. It’s very gen like. But it distort slightly around the edges. First batch cyclops doesn’t distort but it’s not as clear. I think both look good. You will love LN!!