• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
may be the wrong thing to do, but could it be that you can just file a bit off the end of the tube so you can screw the crown down more? OK that sounded crude, I mean you file it down, then bevel it proper, then smooth the edges with 1000, 2000, and then jewlery rogue so mating surface is mirror smooth for waterproof...

I wouldn't opt for this option though. It is obvious that the internal thread spec of the gen. crown is different to that of the rep crown too if it can screw down sitting flush against the case whereas the rep can't.
There is very little room to play around at the top of the tube actually, and by filing it down you may run into ruining the waterproof ability.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
may be the wrong thing to do, but could it be that you can just file a bit off the end of the tube so you can screw the crown down more? OK that sounded crude, I mean you file it down, then bevel it proper, then smooth the edges with 1000, 2000, and then jewlery rogue so mating surface is mirror smooth for waterproof...

That's been done and documented here on the forum before. ARF was bad for a period about not counterboring some cases and part of the tube was just left outside the case.

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
Thanks for the info.
Yes, that's exactly the problem if you just plug and play with the gen. tube onto the case without properly countersinking the hole. You can clearly see the gap there. You actually need a 4mm 120° countersink drill bit to do the job.

True, that indeed looks too much, missed that before. A little gap is okay to ensure the gaskets all get compressed properly, hard task to get that perfectly

Reactions: stance

Sebi91

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/12/20
It’s the opposite to me, to be honest.
I have fairly small wrists and tried both of em on, I have to say the newer 126610 wears much better and the thinner lugs makes it wear smaller than his older brother on steroids.
That’s just me, and it’s all about personal preference I suppose.

For having both a 116 and 126, I would say that it’s a combination of different things. 126’s case looks indeed more refined and slightly more elegant thanks to the slimmer lugs. As far as I’m concerned, I do not see the difference in terms of case size (lug to lug). However, the bracelet is indeed wider and feels also wider at the clasp. It is noticeable but not problematic to me. The 126 sits also nicely on the wrist and is very comfortable.
All in all, having both is great !

Reactions: KJ2020 and recan1ze

PoptheC

18/5/13
Having the 12LV for a week and comparing it to online photos/videos, I would say the VSF is aesthetically identical to a gen. They absolutely nailed it! I am amazed.
3c61dc858c67103c7fbe863eae70e29b.jpg

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

LongyUK

Supporter
Certified
9/3/21
Forgive me if I'm wrong but it seems the Bezel insert on most 12LV photos I see seems to be a little off (slightly turned left). Is this just the bezel rotation, are there enough clicks to make it work?

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Certified
18/11/13
How does it compares with the 116610LV?

I’m considering to move on from a TC LV 5digit but can’t really understand which of the two is the good chance to go.

Would prefer this one because I never really liked the “big” aspect of the 116610...

Reactions: recan1ze

taksnl

Horology Curious
8/3/21
Did somebody already find the boxset 1:1 of this 126610? I check the new box and the card is different, box detail and manual.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Did somebody already find the boxset 1:1 of this 126610? I check the new box and the card is different, box detail and manual.

The box and card are the first things I throw away. I don't understand why people want them. Nothing against it....I just don't get it.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

sr_design

Horology Curious
17/7/12
How does it compares with the 116610LV?

I’m considering to move on from a TC LV 5digit but can’t really understand which of the two is the good chance to go.

Would prefer this one because I never really liked the “big” aspect of the 116610...

126610 obviously if you like the profile of the 5 digit subs.

Speaking of the TC LV, it is a great watch, but IMO these modern reps far outpace it as far as accuracy and gen like feel.

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
126610 obviously if you like the profile of the 5 digit subs.

Speaking of the TC LV, it is a great watch, but IMO these modern reps far outpace it as far as accuracy and gen like feel.

100% agree. Used to be a big fan of TC but modern Rolex sports watches improvements coupled with these new incredible releases from VSF, have totally won me over!

Reactions: mandipan

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
100% agree. Used to be a big fan of TC but modern Rolex sports watches improvements coupled with these new incredible releases from VSF, have totally won me over!

Same here.

It took China factories an extra 6 years to get to where TC KH dial and hands was back In the day

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Uhr70