• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
and my story continue ....

4th QC received, i don't know if the TD play with me, or if the actual batch has this problem, but look at this DW, again, is completely misaligned, i don't know what to think ... the TD has offer me to change for another model , but i want this one, and i know many example exist with good DW alignment ...

somebody have very recently receive some QC for the LV with good date alignment ?

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16

4th QC received, i don't know if the TD play with me, or if the actual batch has this problem, but look at this DW, again, is completely misaligned, i don't know what to think ... the TD has offer me to change for another model , but i want this one, and i know many example exist with good DW alignment ...

somebody have very recently receive some QC for the LV with good date alignment ?

Mine (LV and LN) are both perfect. This is not. And it's really a shame that VSF is screwing this up. I would tell the TD to find one with good alignment THEN send pics for review. There have been similar pics on reddit so you are not alone.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

4th QC received, i don't know if the TD play with me, or if the actual batch has this problem, but look at this DW, again, is completely misaligned

Maybe ask the TD to set the time a few minutes prior to auto date change and let it change by itself. Then see whether it centers. As I mentioned before, mine did this through multiple quickset date changes but the issue resolved after an auto date change.

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
Thanks Triplock and KJ2020 for your inputs

i will firstly ask the TD to do what KJ say, and if still misaligned, i will reject again .... :(

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

4bro

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/1/21
Germany
I don't know if it will help you, but I tried to take a few pictures from different dates. As you can see, I have the same problem, but only with dates 20+ and 17. All others are perfectly centered. Maybe it's just the DW and its printing. Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures but unfortunately I don't have a good camera.
But de facto, as soon as you change the angle of view just a few degrees, the appearance changes completely. You will hardly see that in real life. At least it doesn't bother me :)

lokimind

Horology Curious
4/3/21
My 126610 was running -15 in 24 hrs. Sent it out for service, now about -1. Also passed 10 bar water test. This was the worst of my VSF OOTB.
My 116610 LN and LV were both -1 and my 2018 Seamster 300m diver is running a perfect 0, OOTB not touching them.
8a234156d8f00a58d049d78c778aa184.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

If you don't mind me asking - who did you use for service (US based)? Thanks!

Richarris

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
13/2/21
I know I've posted this already, but giving the edges a rub with a micromesh 2000 grade cloth makes this look unchanged but feel a million times more buttery... Just gone over mine again and it's really nice.

Reactions: Jayfabs

Lovelyrose

Renowned Member
2/9/14
Anyone got a good clasp on their 126610? Mine came with a stiff hard closing clasp.. so much difference to my VSF116610 LN.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Anyone got a good clasp on their 126610? Mine came with a stiff hard closing clasp.. so much difference to my VSF116610 LN.

They tend to be stiff on arrival and slowly after use they break up
Hope that is the case

Space Taco

Horology Curious
9/1/21
USA
They tend to be stiff on arrival and slowly after use they break up
Hope that is the case

The clasp on my 126610LN has felt just right since the beginning. It sounds like we are getting a lot of variation on these watches. Mine was from Andrew at TT and looks and feels great all the way around, but has stopped twice after about 2 months of constant wear. So I just sent it to Oascom for a service. Hopefully that does the trick because I really like this one.

Amguy1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/9/18
Received mine the other day. Was DOA on arrival and wouldn’t work at all. I cycled the movement and changed date. That fixed it and it runs extremely well. Running plus 2 second in 2 days. Very very happy. Quality is beyond good. Best rep I’ve ever seen. Clasp buckle is a bit stiff but getting better with use. Will get pics tomorrow. Cyclops is impressive and all date positions are perfectly centred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: recan1ze and Doc.77

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
Folks, I have one of these on the way and am feeling a little nervy about movement reliability reading some of the later posts. Are folks getting these serviced on day 1 or is it a case of only those with ones that have developed issues are posting about them?

I have not ordered as yet but my intent upon receipt is to send it to Oascom (watchmaker here) for a complete cleaning, calibration, and waterproof. Should be good to go at that point I figure.
ABT

Reactions: Space Taco