• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA

I have vsf 126610 LN and triangle in some pics looks exactly the same like on your qc depending on light and angle. It looks perfect in real light in bright light. It can look slightly bent in half light but that’s just an illusion.

Reactions: easylink

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Wow, it's amazing how many different settings are being used by TDs on timegrapher pics. I've seen lift angles of 50, 52, 55, and 59.

For the record, the only lift angle setting that will give you accurate readings is 55. Lift angle is a fixed value on every balance assembly. It's an angular measurement of an arc on the balance wheel that is traversed while the impulse pin is inside the pallet fork.

So this message put out by VSF around the release time of the VS3235 makes no sense at all.

English:
The 3235 movement released by the VS factory has the same 59° as the original product (as per information lifting angle is 55 on gen) . This point needs to be explained. It is not the common 52° in the market. This is also the difference between the market version and the VS factory. Modulate the lift angle data to 59°, and watch the data in 20 seconds. If the lift angle is set to 52°, the full string swing is higher than 270°, it must not be the VS factory 3235 and genuine 3235 movements. If it is set to 52 degrees, the swing of the submariner of the VS factory is less than two hundred.

Chinese:
VS厂发布的3235机芯摆轮升角是和正品一样的59°,这一点需要说明,不是市场常见的52°,这也是市 场版本和VS厂不一样的地方,上校表仪的时候,记得把升角数据调制59°,走时20秒看数据,如果设置了5 2°升角上满弦摆幅高于270°的必定不是VS厂3235和正品3235机芯。如果设置52度,那么VS厂 的水鬼摆幅是不到两百的。关于指针以及中轴,夜明珠,刻度等不再描述

You can measure the actual lift angle of a balance very easily. This video shows how

My first balance assembly was a real mess and I don't trust any of the measurements I got on it. However a replacement balance I got has been running very well. I measured it's lift angle at exactly 55°. Again, this is a fixed value so for VSF to say measure it at 59° for 20 seconds is just baffling. It's like saying measure a 28800 vph movement at 21600 for 20 seconds. Why would you do that?

Here's a video showing the VSF balance at 180° amplitude.

Password 180

Here's the timegrapher readings at 180° amplitude.
ZwLyeo.jpg

So using a lower lift angle (50, 52) to measure this movement will result in lower (false) amplitude readings. Using a higher lift angle (59) will result in a higher false amplitude reading. My observations are that the higher an amplitude reading is, the greater the error will be.

Last edited:

easylink

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/3/21
I have vsf 126610 LN and triangle in some pics looks exactly the same like on your qc depending on light and angle. It looks perfect in real light in bright light. It can look slightly bent in half light but that’s just an illusion.

I know that angle and lighting can have an effect on an object in a photo, so I wanted to hear your opinion because you may have had similar experiences.
Thanks again for your reply!

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20

This is the biggest difference between the gen sel and the vsf one.. the height at the highlighted point. Hope one day vsf will solve this.

Reactions: KJ2020

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA

This is the biggest difference between the gen sel and the vsf one.. the height at the highlighted point. Hope one day vsf will solve this.

It’s an easy fix but to be honest it doesn’t bother me on my vsf. It’s just a fraction of .mm difference.

mrsub

10/1/17
Lug shape is also slightly different. The gen has a curve to it while the rep is mostly straight. I also noticed that the date window on the rep looks too rounded while the gen has a sharper cut out.
Also the satin finish on the rep is much more coarse.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
It’s the sharpness and definition is missing from that exact point. Once you see it you can’t unsee.

kevBquick

9/10/18
Wow, it's amazing how many different settings are being used by TDs on timegrapher pics. I've seen lift angles of 50, 52, 55, and 59.

For the record, the only lift angle setting that will give you accurate readings is 55. Lift angle is a fixed value on every balance assembly. It's an angular measurement of an arc on the balance wheel that is traversed while the impulse pin is inside the pallet fork.

So this message put out by VSF around the release time of the VS3235 makes no sense at all.

English:
The 3235 movement released by the VS factory has the same 59° as the original product (as per information lifting angle is 55 on gen) . This point needs to be explained. It is not the common 52° in the market. This is also the difference between the market version and the VS factory. Modulate the lift angle data to 59°, and watch the data in 20 seconds. If the lift angle is set to 52°, the full string swing is higher than 270°, it must not be the VS factory 3235 and genuine 3235 movements. If it is set to 52 degrees, the swing of the submariner of the VS factory is less than two hundred.

So using a lower lift angle (50, 52) to measure this movement will result in lower (false) amplitude readings. Using a higher lift angle (59) will result in a higher false amplitude reading. My observations are that the higher an amplitude reading is, the greater the error will be.

So for example in my pic above 180 at 55 would be 188 at 59 while after fully winding, 250 at 55 would be 264 at 59. YMMV, but keep this in mind when seeing readings at incorrect lift angles.

SO KJ, i just went back to check my timeographer and it has a lift and of 52 with an amplitude of 337 and -3sec/day. so we really need these all done at 55?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
SO KJ, i just went back to check my timeographer and it has a lift and of 52 with an amplitude of 337 and -3sec/day. so we really need these all done at 55?

I don't know how I can say this any more clearly bro.

"So using a lower lift angle (50, 52) to measure this movement will result in lower (false) amplitude readings".

Your real amplitude is probably around 350 which is way too high.

https://wahawatches.com/watch-talk-...itude that's too high,and 300 degrees is fine.