• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I agree, but half-way. The ARF bracelets are still objectively, and factually superior pound-for-pound. However, most people make the mistake of edge finishing as the only objective measure - and it's not. ARF's bracelets are objectrively superior in every way to VSF - except the side finishing which is of course sharper on the new ARF bracelets. I own 5 of them, to say "I know" is an understatement.

So basically here's my verdict. ARF + refinish on bracelet sides = BEST. Period! VSF doesn't have anywhere near the tolerances on SEL, that's also a fact I know first hand.

ARF is still king, it's just that you NEED (read MUST) refinish sides to get it to be smooth. They are definitely sharp.

I have 2 ARF's from 2018. Both had the nicest bracelets I've ever seen on a rep. Better than the bracelets I have on my 2 recent VSF's

However, I ordered an ARF Sub for a friend last year and the quality was garbage, and I'm not the only one with that observation.

ARF has lost the edge on quality - they are not what they were - they got lazy.

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
I really have bad luck with this model ...
Ordered 2 weeks before CNY.

1st QC - Bad sel 2st QC - After CNY - Bad insert paint - scratch on paint
3st QC - Yesterday - misaligned date ... And i'm not a very picky guy , but look at this :

How the TD can let ​​​pass this one ... ?

Hope next QC will be good !!

I have receive a new set of pictures of the same watch as above , don't know if the TD is trying to fool me or not ?

How the date Can appear so low in the first set of QC and look better now ?

What guys did you think of the datewheel ?

Thanks

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I have receive a new set of pictures of the same watch as above , don't know if the TD is trying to fool me or not ?

Thanks

DW is low on all pics...

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Try it yourself - change the date manually, try to get it perfect centre. It’s very easy to have it not centred when changing manually, add being in a rush and with gloves on.

Adding, my genuine sub actually sits a little low between 16 and 31.

MG83

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/19
I've received my 126610LV and it's the first batch which has H7Z clasp, the watch in general is beautiful but it has several flaws (bad SEL, bad crystal, the worst clasp ever) compared with the next batches, my questions are :

1- is the bracelet with the 1LQ clasp interchangeable with my 1st batch case (since a member on this thread mentioned that he couldn't change the bracelet with the new one?

2 - has anyone been able to order a crystal from Vsf? As mine doesn't have a good cyclops ( no halo effect, date is not clear, magnification is small compared to my vsf 116610ln.

3- a gap between the bezel and the case which is pressable by hand and it has a springy resistance! Is it fixable?

Experts pls help ????

Tobel

6/7/17

3- a gap between the bezel and the case which is pressable by hand and it has a springy resistance! Is it fixable?

Experts pls help ????

I don't know about the 126610 but this is how it's supposed to be on gen 116610 so are you sure that it is a flaw?

MG83

17/8/19
I don't know about the 126610 but this is how it's supposed to be on gen 116610 so are you sure that it is a flaw?

Well it should have a small gap but in my watch the gap is bigger at 3 o'clock side so the crystal is almost at the same level with the ceramic.

jbsub11

Horology Curious
29/9/14

Just got my QC Im not an expert so I want to get advice on the readings. I read that VSF 3235 has lower amplitude but would like to hear another opinion.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Bezel gap is caused by hytrel ring not fitted inside the bezel properly. If you prise off the bezel, fit/seat the white plastic ring properly inside the bezel and refit.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
917-BC7-F9-83-E0-429-E-AE58-DA173-B634-CB0.jpg

date seems a little low but it can the the angle.

Last edited:
Reactions: WatchSmith.US

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Just got my QC Im not an expert so I want to get advice on the readings. I read that VSF 3235 has lower amplitude but would like to hear another opinion.

I think it's fine. Yes the amplitude is lower than other movements. That reading is pretty typical, especially if it's not fully wound.

Reactions: jbsub11

srhoque

28/11/18

Don’t trust the readings. Your pic shows lift angle of 50 (at least that’s what I am reading with pic enlarged) which is wrong for this movement. Once it arrives, maybe you can do a service and have it checked again.

The Fixer

Horology Curious
4/4/20
You have 5 ARF bracelets to compare with how many VSF’s?
I have 4 VSF’s and they all slightly different. Quality and finish is inconsistent as are the SEL’s. One of them I have is astonishing- perfect sharp SEL, lovely click fit clasp and smooth glide.
I have an ARF also. The SEL is nice and sharp but that’s the only advantage I’d comment on. Finishing on VSF is softer making it feel nicer. But then I have only 1 ARF to compare.

5 ARF, 3 Noob, 1 VSF, in 40mm oyster. I refinish bracelets myself all the time, so I know what a smooth feeling silky bracelet is. That said, nobody needs to listen to me - believe what you want.

Last edited:

easylink

12/3/21
Hi @ all!

Almost 2 weeks ago I ordered a Explorer 2 from Puretime and paid for it.
Then they said that it was sold out and I decided to order the 126610LN. I finally received the QC pictures and to me the triangle of the 12hour marker on the bezel looks weird. I also noticed that the Cyclops seems to be a little crooked.
ZwAVL1.jpg
ZwAcrj.jpg

They said they will double check and after 2 days they told me that it actually looks good and send more pictures
ZwLKib.jpg
ZwLhCp.jpg
ZwL3ci.jpg

To me the triangle on the bezel still looks weird and I noticed the gap of the SEL's on the right is bigger than on the left.. Maybe it's just the angle..
They will check again.

ZwL5E2.jpg

What do you guys think? It's my first rep and I know I may be a little picky but I saw a lot of QC pics in this thread which where better

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Thanks

Angle of view can affect how the date fonts appear in the date window. Observing the cyclops border around the date window is the key to understanding the date font and date window relationship.

If there is a wider cyclops border on one edge as you have on the bottom edge in all of these pics, there would be a corresponding greater amount of white space below the date font in the date window, if the date font and date window have a proper centered relationship when viewed head on.

What this means is that yours is actually worse than it looks. If the viewing angle is lifted so the cyclops border is equal top and bottom, the date font will appear even lower in the date window.

However, it is true that sometimes quickset changing a date manually will not result in a date font being centered in the date window when it might go there on an automatic change. My VSF 126610 had a manual change episode where the font actually went 15% too far past the bottom date window edge. After the next automatic date change it was centered again.

Are my eyes deceiving me?