• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
A clone movement is a first for me as well, and there are advantages to having an ETA version as you said. I was intrigued with this one and its ability to receive gen parts which I wanted to try. And so far so good. Gen winding module and rotor will be the next upgrade.

Honestly, just the cost of the gen. full balance setup of the 3235 is already much more than the cost of the whole watch. Not taking into account the chances of failures at other parts of the rep movement as time goes by. Gen. Rolex parts are crazily priced and often hard to get access to.
I was thinking for a gen. balance setup swap too, but after I checked the cost I withdrew. I am considering the route of swaping for the gen. escape wheel and pallet fork instead which has a far more modetate cost. Just my thoughts.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Honestly, just the cost of the gen. full balance setup of the 3235 is already much more than the cost of the whole watch. Not taking into account the chances of failures at other parts of the rep movement as time goes by. Gen. Rolex parts are crazily priced and often hard to get access to.
I was thinking for a gen. balance setup swap too, but after I checked the cost I withdrew. I am considering the route of swaping for the gen. escape wheel and pallet fork instead which has a far more modetate cost. Just my thoughts.

No argument there. Apparently VSF cloned the pallet fork and escape wheel but didn’t do the cutouts on the wheel. I was told not to expect any improvements should I change them, but I might at some point just for the fun of it.

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
What happens when you wind it?

If it stops, the only way to get it running again is to give it a huge wrist swing. After that i always wind it. It has now been running for 24 hours straight.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Do we know if the mic with the watch correspond to that timegrapher?
I handled at least 15 vs movement and non of them shows 290 amplitude
The highest was 280@55

290@52 will correspond to 310@55

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just received my qc and it has an amplitude of 262@59. You mention the correct lift angle for this movement should be 55 so am I correct in thinking the amplitude of my watch would equate to about 240@55? Thanks

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I've just received my qc and it has an amplitude of 262@59. You mention the correct lift angle for this movement should be 55 so am I correct in thinking the amplitude of my watch would equate to about 240@55? Thanks

Maybe not quite that low but yes you understand it correctly. From my observations, the lower the amplitude is, the less the deviations are between different lift angle settings.

Last edited:

EJ929

Horology Curious
25/2/21
Hi, just received another QC pics. Should Rolex crown point up? TD said it does not have a fixed position. Is it OK to give them a green light? Thanks you for your help!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hi, just received another QC pics. Should Rolex crown point up? TD said it does not have a fixed position. Is it OK to give them a green light? Thanks you for your help!

No it doesn't have to point up. It doesn't necessarily on gens

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North

The crown on Rolex does not have a fixed position. The crown on my gen sits 45 degreed at one direction when locked

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany

You're right if the QC was really at 59 lift angle, all QC i saw were at 52..?

For both cases 52 or 59 it's easy to calculate the amplitude at 55.
Because the change in amplitude is proportional to the change in the lift angle, we can apply this equation: 55/59=Amp(55)/Amp(59)

In this case (QC @ 59) to get the Amplitude @ 55 we calculate 55/59*Amp(59) = 55/59*262 = 244

For the case the QC were @ 52 lift angle we can calculate 55/52*Amp(52) = 55/52*262 = 277

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
The crown on Rolex does not have a fixed position. The crown on my gen sits 45 degreed at one direction when locked

Really? The crown on my gen sits exactly centered up when locked.

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
Really? The crown on my gen sits exactly centered up when locked.

Most Rolex crowns do not line up perfectly, it all depends on the threads on the tube and crown itself. I've read that Rolex makes the effort on the precious metal versions to have the crown upright when screwed in but have seen many pictures of full gold crowns that are not. Currently, I'm not aware of any effort in manufacturing at Rolex to make the crowns line up perfectly.

Reactions: Therion666

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Most Rolex crowns do not line up perfectly, it all depends on the threads on the tube and crown itself. I've read that Rolex makes the effort on the precious metal versions to have the crown upright when screwed in but have seen many pictures of full gold crowns that are not. Currently, I'm not aware of any effort in manufacturing at Rolex to make the crowns line up perfectly.

Interesting, guess I just got lucky. Thought I had read that in the past but when I got mine I thought it had to be on purpose.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Interesting, guess I just got lucky. Thought I had read that in the past but when I got mine I thought it had to be on purpose.

I have two gens and neither is aligned even close to perfect. Keep in mind that there are o-ring seals in the crown, so it doesn't bottom out like a bolt in a hole. The amount compression of the seal can place the crown at various angles.

Reactions: Akilles and KJ2020

xMagnusx

Horology Curious
4/12/20

This is my timegrapher from one of my QC pics. I had already GL it. Is it decent? Do I need to send it for servicing/ regulating?

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
This is my timegrapher from one of my QC pics. I had already GL it. Is it decent? Do I need to send it for servicing/ regulating?

The stray dots on the lower side could indicate noise the timegrapher is picking up or dirt on one side of the pallet fork. Hopefully one of the watchmakers can give an opinion on that.

The amplitude is also low but it's possible the TD only wound it a few times for QC which might result in a lower amplitude. And the timegrapher should be @ 55° and not at 52° for a more accurate amplitude reading. In any event, -12 and 0.3 beat error would make me want to ask for a different watch. The VS3235 is capable of better than that. I wouldn't worry about it, but getting it serviced by someone who really knows this movement can fine tune it for you. Congrats on your purchase.

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
I really have bad luck with this model ...
Ordered 2 weeks before CNY.

1st QC - Bad sel 2st QC - After CNY - Bad insert paint - scratch on paint
3st QC - Yesterday - misaligned date ... And i'm not a very picky guy , but look at this :

How the TD can let ​​​pass this one ... ?

Hope next QC will be good !!

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17

3st QC - Yesterday - misaligned date ... And i'm not a very picky guy , but look at this :

[

Change TD bro!!!

Reactions: Therion666

IntenseImage

16/6/19

12 marker doesn't appear straight and the 9 looks like it might have a slight tilt too

Last edited:

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Some TDs don't care. Other ones don't know any better. Some even try to pass QC rejects. But there are decent TDs out there, no doubt... Yours is not one of them.