• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
I have recently purchased a gen 41mm Sub no date and have done a comparison.
Comparing it to my VSF it is astonishingly close although I have no cyclops to compare that area of the watch.

The few differences i do notice are that the crystal is not quite as clear, the rehaut not slightly less defined, a very slight different hue in the steel,
and the bezel has slightly lighter tension.

Other than these few minor differences the watch is amazingly close esthetically. Over best replica I have personally ever handled.

Being that the cyclops is the only difference, can you post a few comparison pics please?
Bezel, SEL, clasp etc would be good to see.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Glidelock

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Mine has had nothing but problems, the movement went silent twice. Took it to a watchmaker who 'fixed' the first problem (loose screw and crooked balance or something). After two days, the watch again stopped working, no power reserve, silent movement again. So the second time the watchmaker (for free) had to do some work on the movement in order to get it running again. apparently the wheels got stuck, or something got stuck. The movement, according to him was very fragile. My v2s ran buttery smooth, VR seems better? Maybe I have bad luck. Let's see how long it'll run now. It has lost 25 seconds in the first 24 hours.. But still: what a great looking watch!!

wanted to set the time and the movement died on me again. There’s something very wrong. Won’t bring it to the watchmaker again, I think it’s time for trusty to take action. Haven’t had one normal day of wear with this brand new watch.

imaballa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/9/20
why u get a new one from a TD? :)

Quick one... It seems my winding has stopped working, not sure if it the same issue as this. The grinding of the wind mechanism is still there (feels smoother then before) but the watch doesn't actually start ticking unless I move it...

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
I'm sure the gen part (crown wheel and staff) would fix this winding issue but I'm going to try some other things.

Inspired by your suggestion, my latest notion is to add another thin curved spring washer on top of the rep one, oriented in the opposite way. It could just be laid there. Once the crown wheel staff goes through its middle hole and the train bridge is replaced it can't go anywhere.

I'm with you, no gen part needed there and good to have a quick and easy diy solution for the future, i can imagine ending up with the whole VSF 12 series one day lol and only crown wheel i found is 75€ plus no guarantee there are available stocks when needed..

That's a good idea buddy, the tension should definitely be enough with two spring washers, hope it works !

Reactions: KJ2020

ktirio2004

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
6/3/17
also does anyone here know if the bezel from 12 o clock side is a little loose
how we can fix that ?>
to be more fit

djwoody

Horology Curious
14/8/13
Hi all,
I have just received my QC pics and I am pretty happy with it overall. Looks great.
The time is running at +/- 9 secs, is that something you would be concerned about or not?
Thanks

https://ibb.co/9h0HCts

Last edited:

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
No need to link your QC's, watch is fine and +/-9 is totally acceptable

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
For me, any watch running slow gets regulated immediately. -9 isn't bad, but +5 suits me better. It's a beauty and I know you'll be anxious to receive it.

Reactions: djwoody

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
For me, any watch running slow gets regulated immediately. -9 isn't bad, but +5 suits me better. It's a beauty and I know you'll be anxious to receive it.

Is that something I could do too? I have bergeon screwdrivers and a case opener ...

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
If you don't have a timegrapher I wouldn't do it. You might have to adjust beat error as well, and you can't do that without a timegrapher. The movement doesn't have a + and - adjust needle like ETAs have.

Reactions: Uhr70 and KJ2020

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
If you don't have a timegrapher I wouldn't do it. You might have to adjust beat error as well, and you can't do that without a timegrapher. The movement doesn't have a + and - adjust needle like ETAs have.

Ok thanks.