• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
It seems like the rehaut could easily be a little puffed up with cape cod maybe? What's your thoughts on this guys?

EDIT: or would that risk to remove the laser rehaut?

You read my mind. A few light wipes with cape cod could add sparkle to the rehaut if someone felt it was necessary. I don’t it would be detrimental to the laser engraving if you don’t overdo it. Personally I think it’s a non issue and not worth the trouble.

Reactions: leo6929

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
ZPqZQ5.jpg
ZPqDUp.jpg
ZPqjRF.jpg

Can’t believe it. My watch came in today from Trusty’s, what a beauty! However, very loud rotor ánd worst of all: DOA. The watch does not run, doesn’t matter how hard or long i shake.
ZCRMVJ.jpg

Brought it to a local watchmaker yesterday, picked it up today: a screw had fallen out and the balance plate was crooked. He had to take the movement almost completely apart to get to the screw en he straightened the balance plate. For now it seems to run ok.

Last edited:

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Brought it to a local watchmaker yesterday, picked it up today: a screw had fallen out and the balance plate was crooked. He had to take the movement almost completely apart to get to the screw en he straightened the balance plate. For now it seems to run ok.

Happy to hear! Enjoy your new VSF 126!

Richarris

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
13/2/21
I'm a rep noob but.not a watch noob. Just so I understand - vsf have actually cloned a movement? As in it's not based on any off the peg volume movements they've bought in like you might with a Miyota or similar? They have really cloned a Rolex one from scratch?

How similar are they, I mean could any competent watchmaker who doesn't mind reps work on one of these? Would they need gen parts to service?

I've ordered one anyway - I'm just curious!

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
My watchmaker complimented the watch on one of the best he'd seen, very high qualtiy materials. Nearly impossible to keep apart form the gen quality wise and aesthetically. However, according to him, the movement is low qualitiy.

Reactions: stufuse

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
However, according to him, the movement is low qualitiy.

That’s interesting and a little surprising as it looks really very good, although not totally surprising considering the price of the watch compared to Gen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
He's a very experienced watchmaker, worked for over 30 years on Rolex, Patek etc. I think he refers to how it's built and the qualtiy of the materials used. It's ofcourse a bit weird that screws are lose and the balance plate was crooked. I think it's wise for everyone, if possible, to have to watch examined and serviced.

However, the movement looks great to my untrained eyes.

Last edited:
Reactions: stufuse

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I'm a rep noob but.not a watch noob. Just so I understand - vsf have actually cloned a movement? As in it's not based on any off the peg volume movements they've bought in like you might with a Miyota or similar? They have really cloned a Rolex one from scratch?

How similar are they, I mean could any competent watchmaker who doesn't mind reps work on one of these? Would they need gen parts to service?

I've ordered one anyway - I'm just curious!

VSF has cloned the 3235 movement accurately enough that genuine parts can be used to replace the clone parts. They have cloned the escape wheel geometry but not the cutouts the gen has, so that’s a visual tell when looking deeper inside the movement. Obvious tell is the rep uses a regulated balance vs the free sprung balance the gen uses. A gen balance and bridge fit and run perfectly in the clone though. Most agree that frankening isn’t necessary as it runs quite well OOTB.

Reactions: Glidelock and Uhr70

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
He's a very experienced watchmaker, worked for over 30 years on Rolex, Patek etc. I think he refers to how it's built and the qualtiy of the materials used. It's ofcourse a bit weird that screws are lose and the balance plate was crooked. I think it's wise for everyone, if possible, to have to watch examined and serviced.

However, the movement looks great to my untrained eyes.

Well , there are conflicting opinions.
I had a complete check done by a watchmaker who works exclusively with Rolly. On an aesthetic level he told me that he is superb.
And , having taken apart the 3235 to check everything , he told me that the colors of the gems are different , the materials are good , but not as good as the gen. Currently he has never seen anything like it.
Only with Franken from 2.500 Euro upwards. He especially told me that the color used for the bezel is fantastic. He has peach shades depending on how you tilt the watch under the light.
It would be enough to change Bridge + Balance Whell and it would be really extremely almost perfect.
But take my curiosity away , has anyone ever asked you to open the watch with the Bergeons and show him the 3235.....? :)
It never happened to me.
Ah , now the watch after the revision of the caliber runs at -3 per day , water resistance at 5 Bar and a perfect "click" of the bezel.
And this for 650 Euro...Watch + Shipping + Check.
Better than spending 12/14 K to get the gen one , as if you want to buy it , now this is the market price.....:frusty:
The Rolesor 116613 costs you less , absurd......!
In fact , I 've the idea in my mind to sell the 126610LN and buy the VSF 116613 version with the 3135 Blue Rolesor.
It would be less noticeable on the wrist than the brand new 126610LN/LV Stainless Steel....... :O

submariner-116613lb-blue-ceramic-904l-steel-yg-vsf-1-1-best-edition-blue-dial-vs3135.jpg

submariner-116613lb-blue-ceramic-904l-steel-yg-vsf-1-1-best-edition-blue-dial-vs3135.jpg

Junio M.

Last edited:

JanONrwi

Horology Curious
3/6/20
I would like to share with you that my sub, which I got yesterday, stopped working after a few hours .. I tried to wind it up and checked for a loose screw under the cover - nothing. He just died after a few hours .. What a misfortune: /

Reactions: Rel

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
I would like to share with you that my sub, which I got yesterday, stopped working after a few hours .. I tried to wind it up and checked for a loose screw under the cover - nothing. He just died after a few hours .. What a misfortune: /

You've a PM..... ;)

Regard

Junio M.

Reactions: JanONrwi

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16

Bummer. As good as they are, they lack the quality control and inspections done by Swiss manufacturers. The good news is that it can be brought to working condition by a watchmaker.

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
is this the one with service and gen bezel click + rotation? beautiful piece

No parts have been changed.
I just had the 4 springs of the pins that turn the bezel adjusted..... Simple.
In the photographs you can see how the font color changes from silver to a silver peach shade. I can say that the bezel is 99% genlike.

Junio M.

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
Excellent pictures, Junio!!!

Agreed, beautiful pictures of that watch. I love these closeup pics that really show the depth of the insert numbers and the quality of the platinum filling in them.

I thank you very much.... :)
I took the photos using the Macro function.
In fact you can see the quality of this VSF bezel.
From the precision of the engravings of the numbers , to the quality of the color used which in my humble opinion is identical to the gen. There are no color smears of any kind. I saw the bezel well with a Bergeon lens with a neon light applied to a 15x lens.
Wow , too bad they don't get to take pics. Or rather, I can't make pics.

Regard

Junio M.

Reactions: recan1ze