VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duckber View Post

Personally those don't look like gaps but rather light reflecting off the edge of the case above the recessed end link. The bright light looks like clear space which gives the illusion of a gap. In another shot with the watch orientated on its side the light hits differently and you don't see what appear to be gaps anymore

Don't know mate, looks pretty gappy to me.

You can find plenty gens with gaps and sels all over the place - stop worrying about things that do not matter and enjoy your pieces guys.

On the pics above: if this was a rep piece and not gen, it would never pass QC. Because is gen it's "acceptable".
    WTB: XF Ceramic Diver for parts, CF or Noob V4 Daytona bezel.

Comment

Originally posted by R3w1nd View Post

Don't know mate, looks pretty gappy to me.

You can find plenty gens with gaps and sels all over the place - stop worrying about things that do not matter and enjoy your pieces guys.

On the pics above: if this was a rep piece and not gen, it would never pass QC. Because is gen it's "acceptable".
      Personally, I think this looks like light reflection. But to each their own. You can literally see the light source do the same thing when it's flipped horizontally.

I agree you can see gens with gaps, but I do not think this is an appropriate example of one of them.

To your second point, I wouldn't reject cause of this gen nor rep.
      Last edited by Duckber; 19-01-21, 15:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Therion666 View Post
        I just saw this add on Chrono24:

https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/rolex...id17442609.htm

and you can actually see through gaps between the SELs and lugs. Can you guys see gaps too if you hold the watch against a light source?
        Perfectly normal, you'll find that on almost every watch with a steel bracelet if you look close enough. And I'm not talking about reps. It. Doesn't. Matter.

Comment

Originally posted by muiramas View Post

Looks great buddy. Plenty of gens with that same SEL...

Oh wow, thank you for posting those. That is exactly the way my SEL looks, it's recessed near the case but very close to flush near the end of the SEL on the lug end.

I'm not baiting with this at all, but Duckber what are your thoughts on this? My SEL looks just like the gens in the pics above, so it looks like there are variations even amongst the real thing. I know you're all for the complete SEL being recessed, but given that there are gens that have the same gradual transition, would this make the purchase any easier for you or are you holding out for a totally recessed SEL? Are there mods you can do to the SEL to achieve the look you want?

BTW, mine is and LN version with what we are calling a "first generation" H7Z clasp code. I think that is the wider of the two released clasps as well by half a mm if I recall correctly from like 40 pages ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Duckber View Post

Personally those don't look like gaps but rather light reflecting off the edge of the case above the recessed end link. The bright light looks like clear space which gives the illusion of a gap. In another shot with the watch orientated on its side the light hits differently and you don't see what appear to be gaps anymore
            It is 101% definitely a gap between the SEL and the case, top and bottom SEL... even the spring bar is visible.
            Last edited by StreetFighter; 19-01-21, 16:55.
            WTD: 116610LV Hulk genuine dial + TC 16610 Submariner
            - PM me.

Comment

Look at that bold DW too!
              - PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by modernclassic View Post
                It is 101% definitely a gap between the SEL and the case, top and bottom SEL... even the spring bar is visible.
                No problem at all, clear greenlight! Here are some gen Rollies...

Last edited by YellowFin; 19-01-21, 17:05.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFin View Post
                  No problem at all, clear greenlight! ]
                  The pic I posted above (with SEL gap) is genuine.. from the chrono24 link above... ..and it was to counter Duckbers remark that it was just a reflection(!). It's obviously a gap.
                  Last edited by StreetFighter; 19-01-21, 17:11.
                  - PM me.

Comment

There are tolerances in milling, cutting, polishing - there is always going to be a margin of error. some SELs will be tighter, some loser.
                    WTB: XF Ceramic Diver for parts, CF or Noob V4 Daytona bezel.

Comment

Originally posted by fatarms View Post

My SEL looks just like the gens in the pics above, so it looks like there are variations even amongst the real thing.
                      It may not even be a variation - could have been intentional. Look at the meth-head moment from R factory that was the SEL on the SD4k...

Bottom line is there are plenty of gens which look just like yours!

Edit - And I like the SD4K. Best maxi case model IMO.
                      Last edited by muiramas; 19-01-21, 17:58.

Comment

Loving mine more and more, personally do not let OCD regarding SEL or lug or crystal AR affect my enjoyment of this watch.. It is IMO the best OTB I have ever owned!
                        And let's be real, how many people are actually going to spot these so called flaws? They are so minute, they would most likely only be uncovered with a gen (good luck finding a chap wearing one in the wild!) placed side by side, going back and forth with a loupe knowing what to look for!

Comment

Originally posted by Uhr70 View Post
                          Loving mine more and more, personally do not let OCD regarding SEL or lug or crystal AR affect my enjoyment of this watch.. It is IMO the best OTB I have ever owned!
                          And let's be real, how many people are actually going to spot these so called flaws? They are so minute, they would most likely only be uncovered with a gen (good luck finding a chap wearing one in the wild!) placed side by side, going back and forth with a loupe knowing what to look for!

Absolutely. Looks awesome. I just ordered the LV last night, I was that impressed with the LN.

Comment

The pic I posted above (with SEL gap) is genuine.. from the chrono24 link above... ..and it was to counter Duckbers remark that it was just a reflection(!). It's obviously a gap.
                            Sorry, I didn't know you were looking at a gen image. In that case, fully agree. Tons of gens have gaps and no one should care if his rep has one.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFin View Post

Sorry, I didn't know you were looking at a gen image. In that case, fully agree. Tons of gens have gaps and no one should care if his rep has one.
                              That's how good these are! Almost can't be told apart from genuine. My LV arrives tomorrow hopefully! Then I'll need the LN...
                              - PM me.

Comment

Yep, and this one is from Crown and Caliber top and bottom left side has the springbar visible:

Comment

Working...
                                X