• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
And here is my 126610LN on the chronocomparator.... :thumbup:
Now as you can see from the photo we have reached +2 seconds in 24 hours.
Perfect I would say.....!:matty:
Now a waterproof test and tomorrow it will be on my wrist. Now I'm happy , even if it's a rep and I've spend some little founds.:bull:

Junio M.

ZpwMD3.jpg

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
And here is the waterproof test....
I think 5 bars can be enough for a swim... :)
I wanted to post the work step by step 'cause I wanted to point out to newbies and not , how simple and inexpensive it is , to make a watch "born" already very well from the Factory , without spending a lot of crazy money for gen parts and Super-Mods , which , as some have pointed out , are just reps and when you've to sell it there will be problems. This is just my thought.

Zp4Flp.jpg

Junio M.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
And here is the waterproof test....
I think 5 bars can be enough for a swim... :)
I wanted to post the work step by step 'cause I wanted to point out to newbies and not , how simple and inexpensive it is , to make a watch "born" already very well from the Factory , without spending a lot of crazy money for gen parts and Super-Mods , which , as some have pointed out , are just reps and when you've to sell it there will be problems. This is just my thought.

Junio M.

I like a happy ending! Glad it’s running well for you.
The waterproof test makes me nervous though. After flooding a watch years ago I always remove the movement when testing!

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
The waterproof test makes me nervous though. After flooding a watch years ago I always remove the movement when testing!

Thank's my friend.
This time the test was performed by immersing the watch in water.
So it is much more truthful than the one done with dry waterproof test. It can be seen from the photo. This is much more professional. I'm sorry about your watch.
And think your Nick is "Triplock", a certainty when it comes to waterproofing... :)
Have a laugh.

Regard

Junio M.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania

Shouldn't actually happen. You set a high air pressure, so the air inside the watch will also have a higher pressure if it's not properly sealed. You're starting to lower the air pressure once the watch touches the water and will see air bubbles if there's a leak.

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
Shouldn't actually happen. You set a high air pressure, so the air inside the watch will also have a higher pressure if it's not properly sealed. You're starting to lower the air pressure once the watch touches the water and will see air bubbles if there's a leak.

This is for sure.
The equipment for measuring water resistance , if it is not poo r, has no margin for error at the time of measurement.
If unexpected events happen afterwards while using the watch in the water , it pisses you off , ma shit appens.
As I wrote , water got into my 16570 gen , and I think I said it all. OysterLock closed perfectly.

Junio M.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Just got my 126610LV Kermit, the crystal clarity on this watch is amazing, is VSF using 2xAR on entire surface?

Reactions: Jayalvin777

srhoque

28/11/18
How's the overall quality compared to your rof pepsi mate?

This is my first VSF (had to get one to check out the hype). I am absolutely blown away by the build quality. I always mod/franken all my reps, this is the first one that I think is perfect ootb (maybe just service the movement).

Personally, I think it is not fair to compare a sub with gmt since gmt has more parts (bi color insert, colored hand etc) but VSF build, finish and looks is in a class of it's own...definitely better than ROF

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
This is my first VSF (had to get one to check out the hype). I am absolutely blown away by the build quality. I always mod/franken all my reps, this is the first one that I think is perfect ootb (maybe just service the movement).

Personally, I think it is not fair to compare a sub with gmt since gmt has more parts (bi color insert, colored hand etc) but VSF build, finish and looks is in a class of it's own...definitely better than ROF

Thanks for the feedback. I do love my 116610 by VSF. I was planning on getting an ROF, throw on a gen crystal and a Noob insert. Do you feel the quality would be similar enough then or is the fit and finish still above the ROF with those upgrades? If that's the case I'll just wait the half year for VSF to drop their Pepsi.

srhoque

28/11/18
Thanks for the feedback. I do love my 116610 by VSF. I was planning on getting an ROF, throw on a gen crystal and a Noob insert. Do you feel the quality would be similar enough then or is the fit and finish still above the ROF with those upgrades? If that's the case I'll just wait the half year for VSF to drop their Pepsi.

Putting on gen crystal and insert will take the ROF to the next level but I still think the VSF Sub quality is better. For example - The VSF bracelet is still better.
It maybe intelligent to wait for VSF because they might make the GMTs with a 3285 clone thus giving us the 70 hr power reserve (like the 126610 or DJ41)

Wasilij-2020

Horology Curious
19/1/21
Guys.. i love my 126610LN so much. Think, vsf did a great Job. But... after i got it, i saw one thing, that i never could have seen on qc pics from Lana (maybe because QC-pics from jtime have a resolution like a Nintendo gameboy, don't know).

Ok, so my "10" is 0,00012mm closer to the inner ring, than 20, 30 and so on. I always have to look at it :D, maybe in hope that i am wrong and my 10 is as good as the other numbers. What can i do? Is it possible to put a gen bezel insert?

It's my first rep... :D .. i know, nitpicking

srhoque

28/11/18
Guys.. i love my 126610LN so much. Think, vsf did a great Job. But... after i got it, i saw one thing, that i never could have seen on qc pics from Lana (maybe because QC-pics from jtime have a resolution like a Nintendo gameboy, don't know).

Ok, so my "10" is 0,00012mm closer to the inner ring, than 20, 30 and so on. I always have to look at it :D, maybe in hope that i am wrong and my 10 is as good as the other numbers. What can i do? Is it possible to put a gen bezel insert?

:picard2:
How did you measure 0.00012mm? And for that you want a gen insert?

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Ok, so my "10" is 0,00012mm closer to the inner ring, than 20, 30 and so on. I always have to look at it :D

Just checked mine, seems even worse. The 10 and 40 engravings are 0,00016 mm closer to the inner side while the 30 is 0,00015mm closer to the outer side. How could VSF fuck that up so badly? HUGE TELL FROM ACROSS THE ROOM.

On a serious note, mate. Are you actually aware that many semiconductor devices are still produced in the feature size you're talking about?

ZpfYdt.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929 and stufuse

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy

But are we serious.........?
Let's talk about measurements visible under the microscope.
I don't know how you managed to take these measurements , but if you measure a gen bezel you will find the same errors.
Come on.....let's talk seriously and avoid bullshit.....:glaude3:

suicidio.gif

Junio M.

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K

Get out.