• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
you need gen clicksprings for this? or how you fix it

All watches with a ceramic bezel no longer have the spring like the old references. They have 4 spring pinions. As shown in the photos.
Therefore it is not possible to adjust the tension manually as it once was.
You need to change the gasket of crystal with a larger one and file it to get the type of hardness you want for the bezel rotating.

Zpot1Q.jpg

Junio M.

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
I wonder if stretching the little springs just a bit would cause more tension. Just a thought but would be good idea in having a spare set just in case.

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
I wonder if stretching the little springs just a bit would cause more tension. Just a thought but would be good idea in having a spare set just in case.

The kit for the bezel of 126610 or any 1166xx can also be found on eBay.....theren't a problem.
There are two possibilities.

1) Purchase longer springs and then adjust the tension. ( Cutting the springs )

2) Purchase a larger gasket and file it down to the tension you want.

The real good and recommended by my watchmaker is to take a larger gasket and slowly file it up to the tension of the bezel closest to the gen.

My watchmaker will keep the watch for 2/3 days to test:

1) How many seconds it loses or gains in 24 hours.
2) Adjust the tension of the bezel
3) Water resistance up to 6 or 10 Bar.
4) Thorough cleaning, oil and grease on the 3235
5) Estimate on the assembly of gen wheel balance and bridge. (not recommended)
6) Possibility with a modification to put the gen crystal of 1166xx on 126610xx working on the gaskets.
7) Gen DWO , but VSF version it's marvellous , so here's until founds..

I'll let you know..... :)

PS : It's a rep.
It's for me a hobby that fascinates me.
So what can be done on a budget , I do.
Unfortunately the inclination of the SEL (see photo I posted) you can not change, because next to the gen is different (slightly). But honestly it's a detail that no one would notice.
Guys , let's talk about 500 euros against 9,000 euro of gen.
What more can we expect....?
If you have no problems , take it out of the box , and put it on your wrist....... ;)

Junio M.

Last edited:

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
2) Purchase a larger gasket and file it down to the tension you want.

Not sure how this would work. Filing or sanding down the Crystal gasket would only lower the Crystal height. The steel bezel retaining ring is what holds the bezel at its height. Maybe that could be sanded down.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
How many turns do I need for full winding VSF cal. 3235?

Good question and I don't know for certain. Most watch mainsprings slip once they are past fully wound so they don't break, but I'm not sure how many winds it takes to get to full wind.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
I´ve winded this movement on different watches for about sixty crown turns. After that it seems to gain too much tension or slips, which made me scream.

4bro

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/1/21
Germany
Hello everybody,

I got my VSF Sub 126610 today and wanted to check if you also have the following problem :)?
I like the watch apart from a few small things, but the wearing comfort due to the sharp edges is really poor.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Hello everybody,

I got my VSF Sub 126610 today and wanted to check if you also have the following problem :)?
I like the watch apart from a few small things, but the wearing comfort due to the sharp edges is really poor.

The answer from me is no, but then I have never attempted to use a watch case like a cheese grater either.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Reactions: heinzi2012

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
that's pretty typical and can easily be fixed with a Bergeon polishing stick.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Hello everybody,

954473-AA-0-DD4-4328-B359-AA8-B9-A0-B0-B78.gif

Reactions: Pietros

Dr. Palouk

2/5/17
Hello guys, I’m thinking you making a move for this one but I kinda have the feeling the SEL recession is almost nonexistent. Is it my idea or do you also think the same?

zeit im bild online

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Please also have a look at these three pics:

Mine are not recessed very much either. The weakest point seems to be near the front end of the link where it's nearly flush, and gets a bit deep toward the case. But if you look at gen pics you'll see very similar shallow SELs on many watches. Would I like them to be recessed another .25mm? Yeah that'd be nice, but I'm ok with them as they are.

Reactions: GrandmasterChime

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Not sure how this would work. Filing or sanding down the Crystal gasket would only lower the Crystal height. The steel bezel retaining ring is what holds the bezel at its height. Maybe that could be sanded down.

This ^

Shaving some off the bottom of the crystal retaining ring will force the bezel to sit closer to the case as the bezel gasket (hytrel ring) locks in under the retaining ring lip.

This is a technique that has been used to eliminate a visible gap between the bezel and the case, but it could also tighten up a bezel due to increased friction between the bezel and the case. Extreme care should be used if attempting this - it would be easy to take too much off and then the bezel won't seat onto the case at all.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...5331-fixing-the-wonky-bezel-on-an-arf-sd43-v3

Reactions: nefret and tdk1010