• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
+1
Next time , I will write nothing about.
I don’t pretend to change the shit in gold.
But a simple regulation of balance wheel.
I ask too much ? I’ve asked the founds to someone ? So , I’m not a child , and I can’t pretend the moon for 500 Euro. I’ve learn the reps lessons from 2012 when I came in RWI.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I think you misunderstood me. You paid for better performance than -22. You are not asking too much at all and yours will be fixed soon!

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
That’ll ruin the brushing, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey mate, it would not ruin the brushed finish as slight light handed cape cod rub would just put a sheen on the satin brushed rehaut but would not make it polished or mirror like:)

gindiesel

12/10/20
Canada
I stupidly put a small scratch on one of the middle links when I was unwrapping my LN. Any advice on polishing/brushing it out? I have green/red/white scotchbrite, along with wet/dry 3M sandpaper up to the 2000s grit.

wolfiqar

6/6/20
United Kingdom
Not the best best picture but got my VSF Kermit

I’m no watch expert but it sure does look good.

2c2842f914f744ee385c6be0a1597c11.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I stupidly put a small scratch on one of the middle links when I was unwrapping my LN. Any advice on polishing/brushing it out? I have green/red/white scotchbrite, along with wet/dry 3M sandpaper up to the 2000s grit.

That can be fixed very easily, but you will need some much higher grit sandpaper. I use up to 7000, some people use even higher. I typically sand a polished case or bracelet part so it could almost pass for finished product, then take it to the polishing wheel. By then it needs only a few minutes to look new again.

lPj0K.jpg

lPZP8.jpg

lPHt1.jpg

Lots of great info here

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...e-and-bracelet

Edit: Sorry I misread, you asked about a non PCL center link. I'll leave the info I posted in case members want to know about PCLs also

Brushing is way faster and easier and you may not need sandpaper at all. Take a look at the link I posted above, it has info about brushing also. I usually use 600 grit to erase scratches, then green Scotchbrite to rebrush.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I'll definitely do that, was losing daylight as the watch was delivered late. Hence, the single wrist shot.

Duckber The watch I posted, the 126610LV has the supposedly newer 1LQ bracelet. The SELs look to be the same as the H7Z bracelet on my LN model. Still pretty flush all the way around and also not uniform. Some are more flush than others. I know that you want the recessed SELs but just about every gen I see has the more flush or even SEL with the lugs. Just to give you a heads up on what I'm seeing with the new 1LQ bracelet... It may be possible that the only difference between the two versions may be the removable links and clasp width as noted previously in this thread.

Yeah the bracelet codes are random and don't mean a thing. It was discussed here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-72-hours-power-reserve?p=9617623#post9617623

As far as gens having all flush lugs, I'll have to disagree. I seen two gens in person and one had flush SELs, and the other had really nicely recessed, even ones. Not as deep as the 116, but very very nice.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
First day out with the new 12LN, I'm very pleased. It's very similar to the old 5 digit Sub which is great. I was amazed at how bright white is was in the daylight, just like gen. I had to take a pic or two..

Do you see any difference in your SEL compared to your initial purchase being the 126 kermit?

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
VSF serial engraving is still purposely misaligned! shame!! otherwise the BEST rep out there!

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
I think you misunderstood me. You paid for better performance than -22. You are not asking too much at all and yours will be fixed soon!

No Mate !
What I wrote is for the previous "quote".
I read well what you wrote , if you read I wrote +1 to your post.... :)

Regard

Junio M.

Reactions: WatchSmith.US

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I’ve had the watch some days, I absolutely love it, it’s realy very impressive, [mention]modernclassic [/mention]said it before.

In all honestly this is the first rep I’ve held that genuinely feels and looks like a luxury watch, you can’t appreciate its feel in photos, it’s hard to describe but I’ve never had a sub rep like this one.

I’ve had loads of 6 digit sub reps
probably a couple from each big factory.

Lume application is great, dial and hands are super clean lovely curvature on the hands. The hands definitely are a tiiiinly bit lighter than the lume plots, it’s accentuated in photos though every photo you see it IRL it’s hard to spot.

The crystal is nice, the cyclops is good, date font looks crisp and correct size thickness. The bezel insert looks legit nothing more to say there.

the brushing is really nice, super fine, giving the steel this silky feel and high shine. As I mentioned before, working parts crown, bezel, claps aren’t gritty or stiff it feels quality in most aspects

1f42960b30fef8829c5b5523390f8bf3.jpg

b7aa6c4c226c02d95c75ddda40e31936.jpg

SELs

995153095a8692900469e03e12bd78d9.jpg

34acb119a839459031158902deb9142f.jpg

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

jpchub gave you the best answer you will find. It's what I do when my bracelet and clasp are looking worn.

Remove the bracelet take the clasp off and do exactly as it says - it will finish up like new.

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10
Wow didn't even like the new model but the pictures you guys post here.. Need to make an order now lol

Reactions: YellowFin

gindiesel

12/10/20
Canada
Edit: Sorry I misread, you asked about a non PCL center link. I'll leave the info I posted in case members want to know about PCLs also

Brushing is way faster and easier and you may not need sandpaper at all. Take a look at the link I posted above, it has info about brushing also. I usually use 600 grit to erase scratches, then green Scotchbrite to rebrush.

Great, thanks, I'll try the red scotchbrite first.

EDIT: after finding this, I think I'll try my white first. RE-EDIT: I had some green in my desk at work, and I'm wearing my vintage gen DJ today, and the clasp has lots of desk diving marks on it. Cut a little rectangle, made a few passes, and it looks like it just came from service. That was easy.

SCOTCHBRITE GRIT CHART

7445 - White pad, called Light Duty Cleansing - (1000)

7448 - Light Grey, called Ultra Fine Hand - (600-800)

6448 - Green, called Light Duty Hand Pad - (600)

7447 - Maroon pad, called General Purpose Hand - (320-400)

6444 - Brown pad, called Extra Duty Hand - (280-320)

7446 - Dark Grey pad, called Blending Pad (180-220)

7440 - Tan pad, called Heavy Duty Hand Pad - (120-150)

Last edited: