• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Tmills

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/20
Las Vegas, NV
Patiently waiting for you guys to post photos once they're received! I'm curious, is the bracelet and clasp the size of the SeaDweller bracelet? I prefer the previous 20mm size, so I'm not sure how the current 21mm size wears.

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
116610 crystal is a 295 like all 40 mm sports models but I’m unsure if they have enlarged the crystal or insert for this 12 series model. Does anyone know definitively if measurements have changed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m hoping that Rolex is using a crystal already produced for a different model otherwise gen crystal prices will be astronomical for a long time and very difficult to obtain.
Same deal with gen hands.

Sent from the RWI App

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I’m hoping that Rolex is using a crystal already produced for a different model otherwise gen crystal prices will be astronomical for a long time and very difficult to obtain.

Sent from the RWI App
Hands are different. Minute hand is longer, hour hand is fatter

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pietros

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

Sent from the RWI App

Nope, sorry - the crystal is AR coated on the back - a first for Rolex.
Luckily, the VSF crystal is very good.

Reactions: KJ2020 and Pietros

Streetiq

3/11/16
Can someone share his thoughts about the quality of the insert of the new VSF pls?
How good is it overall and how much does the plating matches the gen?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Patiently waiting for you guys to post photos once they're received! I'm curious, is the bracelet and clasp the size of the SeaDweller bracelet? I prefer the previous 20mm size, so I'm not sure how the current 21mm size wears.

Not trying to gloat but I just came home with my gen 124060 tonight. Been rocking a super franken 114060. The bracelet is the biggest difference for me especially the clasp. I’ve had a rep sea dweller before and the bracelet was similar to my sub. This really is a different animal. All the dimensions together make it a different watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Nope, sorry - the crystal is AR coated on the back - a first for Rolex.
Luckily, the VSF crystal is very good.

You’re right, it’s def different
fa798d9ad5eb8d08d26cb5408519c235.jpg

This is beside a franken with gen everything but case and bracelet(visually) the 124060 is just brighter.

Tmills

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/20
Las Vegas, NV
Not trying to gloat but I just came home with my gen 124060 tonight. Been rocking a super franken 114060. The bracelet is the biggest difference for me especially the clasp. I’ve had a rep sea dweller before and the bracelet was similar to my sub. This really is a different animal. All the dimensions together make it a different watch.

Thank you for the feedback, the bracelet/clasp size is the biggest factor for me, so your words and photos are appreciated. I suppose I'll just have to try on a gen or bite the bullet with a 126610 rep to see how it wears on me. I love the case dimensions, so it's either this new model or an ARF 16610. Thin lugs FTW!

Gorgeous gen btw, congratulations!

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Thank you for the feedback, the bracelet/clasp size is the biggest factor for me, so your words and photos are appreciated. I suppose I'll just have to try on a gen or bite the bullet with a 126610 rep to see how it wears on me. I love the case dimensions, so it's either this new model or an ARF 16610. Thin lugs FTW!

Gorgeous gen btw, congratulations!

Thanks so much, been a long road. Have to thank the knowledge and helpful members here at RWI!

Streetiq

3/11/16
Seems pretty nice compared to gen!
I wonder if the platimum color will fade and get duller over time...
So do you guys feel like there's still a need for mods like the SpongeBob mod??? Or is it satisfying enough OTB ?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk