• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Eseips

5/4/16
How did you regulate your watch? Mine is running -15 sec a day for the last week consistently. I have never regulated a watch before, but I want to see if I can get this within COSC. Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

I used a pic from Puretime to show:
1st: I assume you don´t have a timegrapher. That´s fine, you don´t need one. I used the App "Watch accuracy meter" (Android, no clue if they have it for Iphone).
2nd:You open the caseback (Use a rubber ball or something with high grip, works like a charm).
Then you can see the balance.
3: you can se two levers on the balance. I marked them, 1 and 2. The Lever 1 is the Regulator and 2 is the stud holder. Never touch the mobile stud holder (2) if you don’t have a device to measure the beat rate with. You only deal with lever 1 and STAY AWAY from lever 2.

Moving the regulator (1) towards the stud holder (2) will effectively lengthen the hairspring and will make the watch run slower. So in your case you need to move 1 away from lever 2.

How do you move the levers: Do not use metal parts (might be magnetized and can also leave scratches) but instead a hard plastic tool is perfect. Some even use wood but I´m afraid of splinters falling in. I just used a plastic golfing-tee that i sharpened down to look like a flat screwdriver of 1-2mm width.
CAREFULLY move the lever. I mean that. a Millimeter can let your watch run minutes off per day. so just gently, very gently move it. when you have moved it a very tiny bit, just take the watch and hold it to your phone microphone to let the watch check the accuracy in different positions. Crown down or up, face down or up, etc. with caseback open. So when you managed to get like +5 crown up and -5 crown down for example, that´s fine.

When you moved it a bit too far, no worries, just move it back and forth until you get what you are looking for, a slight plus. It took me 2 hours until i was satisfied and trust me, I also moved it too far every now and then. Hope it helps!

Oh yeah and of course don´t touch the hairspring. Place the "flat screwdriver thing" or whatever you use at the side of the very end of the lever and gently push in a direction without touching the spring. It was actually the first time i did that, too, so just give it a try, worked for me.
ZQUOKb.jpg

Last edited:

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
I used a pic from Puretime to show:
1st: I assume you don´t have a timegrapher. That´s fine, you don´t need one. I used the App "Watch accuracy meter" (Android, no clue if they have it for Iphone).
2nd:You open the caseback (Use a rubber ball or something with high grip, works like a charm).
Then you can see the balance.
3: you can se two levers on the balance. I marked them, 1 and 2. The Lever 1 is the Regulator and 2 is the stud holder. Never touch the mobile stud holder (2) if you don’t have a device to measure the beat rate with. You only deal with lever 1 and STAY AWAY from lever 2.

Moving the regulator (1) towards the stud holder (2) will effectively lengthen the hairspring and will make the watch run slower. So in your case you need to move 1 away from lever 2.

How do you move the levers: Do not use metal parts (might be magnetized and can also leave scratches) but instead a hard plastic tool is perfect. Some even use wood but I´m afraid of splinters falling in. I just used a plastic golfing-tee that i sharpened down to look like a flat screwdriver of 1-2mm width.
CAREFULLY move the lever. I mean that. a Millimeter can let your watch run minutes off per day. so just gently, very gently move it. when you have moved it a very tiny bit, just take the watch and hold it to your phone microphone to let the watch check the accuracy in different positions. Crown down or up, face down or up, etc. with caseback open. So when you managed to get like +5 crown up and -5 crown down for example, that´s fine.

When you moved it a bit too far, no worries, just move it back and forth until you get what you are looking for, a slight plus. It took me 2 hours until i was satisfied and trust me, I also moved it too far every now and then. Hope it helps!

Oh yeah and of course don´t touch the hairspring. Place the "flat screwdriver thing" or whatever you use at the side of the very end of the lever and gently push in a direction without touching the spring. It was actually the first time i did that, too, so just give it a try, worked for me.
ZQUOKb.jpg
Perfect! I had read that is how to do it, now you have confirmed it. Thank you sir.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tamomota

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I would only add that it just takes a slight amount of pressure. If you actually see it move, chances are you've gone way too far. Just give it a slight pressure, check, do it again, check. It's really easy to overdo it. A little goes a really long way.

Last edited:

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
wow.... call me crazy but everything looks perfect to my less trained eyes.

This is why I'll never buy a Rolex without being opened and authenticated by a watchmaker who really knows their stuff. One of these with the VS3235, a gen balance popped in and gen hands, many wouldn't be able to tell the real from the fake.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I would only add that it just takes a slight amount of pressure. If you actually see it move, chances are you've gone way too far. Just give it a slight pressure, check, do it again, check. It's really easy to overdo it. A little goes a really long way.

Yep, this can be painful on movements that don't have the micro adjustment screw. I recommend a timegrapher, purely so you can see when you go from -14 to +85 and it seems like the arm didn't even move.

Reactions: Uhr70

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
This is my 126610LN.
Johnny Depp will send it to me today.
It has been checked and passed the waterproof test.
How does it look to you........?

ZQmYFE.jpg

Junio M.

Looks great. I had mine pressure tested - passed 100m+ which is as high as Timpsons (UK) can test to. This was straight from the factory.

Last edited:

Esaelias

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/18
So I have been wearing this 126610LV for over 24hrs now, taking it off frequently to look at it and feel it as you do. I just put it down and picked up a 116610 and I'm shocked at how the 116610 now feels alien. It feels the way a 16610 felt after handling a 116610. It feels lees substantial, lighter, daintier.. now bear in mind the 116610 is a tank.. the 126610 makes it feel like a backwards step same as going from a 6-5 digit feels!

Well done Rolex, I love this thing! It's the new favorite watch, a very pleasant surprise. I'll need the LN now.

What a job VSF have done giving us such a superb built tank of a watch, words cannot describe the value for money here. Must be the best value-quality watch for the money - in the world (Clarkson voice).
ZrFvxL.jpg

looked quite simialr in size in your pic i thought the left one looked bigger lol

but is the weight difference quite a bit? im assuming quality wise they both feel same but the weight must be different? i know the 116610 is like 2 grams off the gen, do you know if this 122610 is quite close to gen in weight?

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
beautiful piece. where is johnny depp located?

any known "vsf flaws" on your watch? (rehaut or something else)

Johnny lives in Italy.
I have had occasion in the past to make watches by others. Much higher prices and less availability.
But ever since I met Johnny , about 5 years ago , I've always made him do everything. Then he is in Italy like me.
The Rehaut has no evident flaws like the other parts. It's like all VSF..... :)

Regard

Junio M.

Last edited:
Reactions: recan1ze

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
Looks great. I had mine pressure tested - passed 100m+ which is as high as Timpsons (UK) can test to. This was straight from the factory.

Thank's my friend.
Even at the timegrapher the caliber left the factory with very good parameters in any position.
The waterproofing test was performed with the same parameters of gen.

Junio M.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
looked quite simialr in size in your pic i thought the left one looked bigger lol

but is the weight difference quite a bit? im assuming quality wise they both feel same but the weight must be different? i know the 116610 is like 2 grams off the gen, do you know if this 122610 is quite close to gen in weight?

I wouldn't say the size difference is perceptible. Even in my watch box both the 11 and 12 sit perfectly inside the same sized compartment.

The 12 is 2grams heavier than the 11 making the 12 the same weight as a genuine 11, but putting the genuine 11 and VSF12 in each hand with the bracelet open the 12 feels heavier. The reason for this being the VSF12 has the extra weight in the bracelet and larger clasp.

I don't know the weight of a genuine 12, but I'd suspect it would be a couple of grams heavier than VSF12 considering that the VSF12 is the same weight as a genuine 11..

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
So, my LV arrived just now.

What a fantastic watch. SELs on mine are a little more flush than others , this a non issue for me just goes to show clasp code is nothing to do with anything.

I can see the finishing even under the plastic is real nice. All moving parts Bezel, crown unscrewing and click adjustment, the movement winding date and time adjustments are not like those of a typical rep. This is where they always normally fall short, despite looking good.

I feel as though I’m holding a premium item. Similar to how the First 904 ARFs felt on 2018 compared to the noob subs.

To the eye the dial and hands are super clean, the crystal cyclops and date font is lovely. And the bezel insert engraving and filling looks the real deal. Photos can’t capture it properly.

I had one of the very first VSF 116 LN sub and whilst I noted the build quality and quality of the moveing parts is the same as I mentioned here, I didn’t like certain bits of the watch, hands and DW namely which have now been replaced anyway

It here’s normally always something that niggles out the box that you can’t see in pics.

Example the ZZF 116 subs gritty winding and stiff bezel and crown and clasp. so far on this so good.

I’ll Get plastic off and update:
36d68c41d9ec4cf2173784dab775722e.jpg

fc061716b514238391d1a2cb1f3b0c56.jpg

218eb2b56be9787a56c5fe8050cd44d3.jpg

36433f3fb18d8afe46df7dee1cf50930.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
So, my LV arrived just now.

What a fantastic watch. SELs on mine are a little more flush than others , this a non issue for me just goes to show clasp code is nothing to do with anything.

I can see the finishing even under the plastic is real nice. All moving parts Bezel, crown unscrewing and click adjustment, the movement winding date and time adjustments are not like those of a typical rep. This is where they always normally fall short, despite looking good.

I feel as though I’m holding a premium item. Similar to how the First 904 ARFs felt on 2018 compared to the noob subs.

To the eye the dial and hands are super clean, the crystal cyclops and date font is lovely. And the bezel insert engraving and filling looks the real deal. Photos can’t capture it properly.

I had one of the very first VSF 116 LN sub and whilst I noted the build quality and quality of the moveing parts is the same as I mentioned here, I didn’t like certain bits of the watch, hands and DW namely which have now been replaced anyway

It here’s normally always something that niggles out the box that you can’t see in pics.

Example the ZZF 116 subs gritty winding and stiff bezel and crown and clasp. so far on this so good.

I’ll Get plastic off and update:
36d68c41d9ec4cf2173784dab775722e.jpg

fc061716b514238391d1a2cb1f3b0c56.jpg

218eb2b56be9787a56c5fe8050cd44d3.jpg

36433f3fb18d8afe46df7dee1cf50930.jpg

thanks for the review!

you want to swap stock crystal and dw to gen right? you think its still necessary or its online 1% better from the current batch?

you install the gen parts from the 116610? there are similar?

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
thanks for the review!

you want to swap stock crystal and dw to gen right? you think its still necessary or its online 1% better from the current batch?

you install the gen parts from the 116610? there are similar?

I won’t be installing any Gen parts to this watch. No need IMO, waste of money and I doubt they are available easily at the moment. This is a great out the box wearer.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
I won’t be installing any Gen parts to this watch. No need IMO, waste of money and I doubt they are available easily at the moment. This is a great out the box wearer.

Great looking watch!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

I agree mate. I'm glad you finally got it.

What's your opinion on this new sub? My first impression was that it wasn't a big improvement on the 116610, but that completely changed after a couple of days of wearing it.

I'm now finding it hard to get my 'fat' sub back into the rotation because this one feels so much better.

Reactions: stufuse and Uhr70