• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The LV is great, you'll love it, it really pops like a genuine watch. I'm waiting on an LN, exciting times!

Reactions: stufuse

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
[mention]muiramas [/mention] my LV arrives this afternoon! I can’t wait, my last two purchases were vintage builds (one of which is still being assembled.) I said to myself I’d not go near another new 6 digit again a few months ago, but this was too much to resist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, mate - finally! I guess the ONE good thing about lockdown is we're in when the postman arrives.

I too went through a bit of a vintage phase in lockdown 1. An average attempt at a 6542, and a below-average 1680. Both ended up going to a watch smith after I messed up the keyless. I decided that vintage wasn't my cup of tea, and then as you know, the BB58B satisfied that itch.

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
Hi all Buddy's
I haven't written for a long time and I wanted to ask you for some clarifications.
I bought the classic black SubC 126610 , and it will arrive shortly. I've read this Thread for a while but I have some questions that may seem silly..... :)

1) Is VSF crystal more than good....?
2) About the DWO , opinions....?
3) Any problems with the VSF 3235 caliber...?

Thank you all.

Junio M.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Hi all Buddy's
I haven't written for a long time and I wanted to ask you for some clarifications.
I bought the classic black SubC 126610 , and it will arrive shortly. I've read this Thread for a while but I have some questions that may seem silly..... :)

1) Is VSF crystal more than good....?
2) About the DWO , opinions....?
3) Any problems with the VSF 3235 caliber...?

Thank you all.

Junio M.

1. yes.
2. good as is.
3. no.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Quick, fast and painless......;)
Thanksc, so I avoid to fit the gen crystal and gen DWO.

Regard

Junio M.

I don't think you will be able to find a Gen crsytal for the new subs for a couple of months, the watch legit was released less than 6 months ago.

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
I don't think you will be able to find a Gen crsytal for the new subs for a couple of months, the watch legit was released less than 6 months ago.

Ah that's right !
However , if the crystal is excellent , it's useless to spend money on gen parts....
I think that with this latest generation of reps the Franken watches will slowly disappear.
I've spent thousands of Euro on Franken , especially for the 116520 and in the end it's now difficult to sell due to the cost.
The same goes for the GMT and SUB with gen crystal , gen bezel ect....
Especially as a matter of cost / result ratio... This is my simple opinion.... :)

Regard

Junio M.

Last edited:
Reactions: popi2020

popi2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/10/20
Ah that's right !
However , if the crystal is excellent , it's useless to spend money on gen parts....
I think that with this latest generation of reps the Franken watches will slowly disappear.
Especially as a matter of cost / result ratio... This is my simple opinion.... :)

Regard

Junio M.
I also strongly believe that this is the case. The problem is that not everyone makes masterpieces like VSF (example 116520 noob, wrong font) I just got one of Cermit, from the DE stock and I can't wait to have it on my wrist, I think it's the best OOTB for now!

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
This opinion is shared by many. There have been a lot of franken's on M2M since VSF and ZF came along.

I saw.
Franken Daytona paid 3.000 Euro that until a few months ago were sold immediately or very soon , now you sell them off or keep them for yourself.
I think that currently the only acceptable mods are the crystal and maybe the DWO. Low cost and maximum result.
These new factories create reps that you can take and wear without doing anything. Their calibers are amazing. So why throw money in the garbage can when you have a truly spectacular watch for 500/600 Euros...?

Junio M.

Reactions: leo6929

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
And when the Clear Dials here's ready for all watchs , bye bye gen....:restinpeace:
It's all logica l, who would spend 400 to 1.200 Euro (Daytona) for a gen dial , when the watch leaves the factory with a perfect dial......?
Just a fool.....:crazy:

Junio M.

Last edited:

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
I also strongly believe that this is the case. The problem is that not everyone makes masterpieces like VSF (example 116520 noob, wrong font) I just got one of Cermit, from the DE stock and I can't wait to have it on my wrist, I think it's the best OOTB for now!

This is also true.
But I ask you , why buy a watch that doesn't come out at the ZF or VSF factory levels....? Until last year , no one would have ever imagined the level that the reps would reach.
Then maybe in 6 months we'll have almost 1: 1 reps.
I write "almost" because 1: 1 is really impossible.
In nine years of being on this forum, do you know how many I've seen?
From the very first ceramics or from unwatchable Nautilus.
Heheheheheheheheh......... :)

Last edited:

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
The biggest problem I see is no parts availability. Eventually every movement needs service and new parts, and VSF will not sell anything. Yes some gen parts will fit but probably not all. What do you do when you need a new mainspring or gears should they wear out? With ETA you can always put in a brand new movement in an hour. With these VSF watches there's no easy backup plan unless the movements eventually make their way to the market. That's the downside as I see it, but right now mine runs perfectly fine.

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
The biggest problem I see is no parts availability. Eventually every movement needs service and new parts, and VSF will not sell anything. Yes some gen parts will fit but probably not all. What do you do when you need a new mainspring or gears should they wear out? With ETA you can always put in a brand new movement in an hour. With these VSF watches there's no easy backup plan unless the movements eventually make their way to the market. That's the downside as I see it, but right now mine runs perfectly fine.

Mate, business is business.
I think that's the case for now , so if anything breaks you would be forced to buy another watch from them.
But soon you will see that everything will be available.
It has been doing this for years , except for some very rare cases.
I mention for example the first Clone Caliber of 2010/201 1, they were really bad. In fact they were left and they returned to the mythical ETAs.
I apologize for my bad English.
I hope you understand what I write.

Last edited:

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
I saw.
Franken Daytona paid 3.000 Euro that until a few months ago were sold immediately or very soon , now you sell them off or keep them for yourself.
I think that currently the only acceptable mods are the crystal and maybe the DWO. Low cost and maximum result.
These new factories create reps that you can take and wear without doing anything. Their calibers are amazing. So why throw money in the garbage can when you have a truly spectacular watch for 500/600 Euros...?

Junio M.

Daytonas are a whole different business

Last edited:

BlackIceBob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/14
[mention]muiramas [/mention] my LV arrives this afternoon! I can’t wait, my last two purchases were vintage builds (one of which is still being assembled.) I said to myself I’d not go near another new 6 digit again a few months ago, but this was too much to resist.

Make sure you post some photos! I’m ready to pull the trigger and order one myself!

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Mate, business is business.
I think that's the case for now , so if anything breaks you would be forced to buy another watch from them.
But soon you will see that everything will be available.
It has been doing this for years , except for some very rare cases.
I mention for example the first Clone Caliber of 2010/201 1, they were really bad. In fact they were left and they returned to the mythical ETAs.
I apologize for my bad English.
I hope you understand what I write.

I understand perfectly. Your English is good!
I hope you're right about parts and movements reaching the market. I hope they eventually sell sterile VS clone movements without fake Rolex markings.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I understand perfectly. Your English is good!
I hope you're right about parts and movements reaching the market. I hope they eventually sell sterile VS clone movements without fake Rolex markings.

I think the engravings are arranged by the factory and they are produced sterile initially, so technically you should, or will be able to get the VS 3235 pre engravings at some point.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Pretty much this. Or to look at it another way - this rep has a better crystal than any rep on the consensual NWBIG list. Anyone who actually has this watch can compare the crystal with any number of videos online - Watchbox is a good place - there is no appreciable difference.

I'm sure I remember reading on his blog that TC made some differences on purpose - because he thought it made the watch look 'prettier'.

I thought comparing to stuff online via pictures and videos is a big no-no to you? Ah, well anyway....

It seems to be the general consensus that VSF uses the same crystal type for the 116 and 126. If that's the case, I compared my VSF 116 to a gen 126 a couple times in person and to say there is no appreciable difference is flat out wrong. The increased AR compared to the previous gen and VSF crystal definitely stands out and is clearly nicer.

Last edited: