• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5 digit ARF Death Fire Mod

Ticktock8

👽👽👽👽👽
Patron
Certified
27/2/17
UK
I know most will have no understanding of this. I fancied an experiment and decided I'd buy a nice 5 digit to muck around with. I'd love to hear from some people here on the forum I browse daily about their thoughts. Your thoughts. I know there will be hate and confusion! That's fine. My next plan is something with the date wheel. I can't currently decide whether it should be aged, or swapped out for a wacky colour.. then aged a bit. Also thought about doing something with the bezel. The Dremel has touched every bit of this watch apart from the crystal.

So, what next?

Ticktock8

👽👽👽👽👽
Patron
Certified
27/2/17
UK
And yes, this was a brand new ARF a few weeks ago.... Terribly sad I know! Don't worry though, you don't have to wear it, and I am very comfortable telling people it's a rep and an experiment..

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I think you went a little hard on the bezel, other than that, nice job.

Reactions: Ticktock8

Ticktock8

👽👽👽👽👽
Patron
Certified
27/2/17
UK
I think you went a little hard on the bezel, other than that, nice job.

What should I do with the date wheel? I paid a friend of a friend to age the hands and dial. The case and bracelet have been gone to town on with the Dremel. I'll add images shortly of the bracelet and case back ????

Cheers for the positive comment! A nice surprise!

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Different strokes for different folks!
As long as you like it everything is fine. However it is not my cup of tea.

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
The normal thing is to put the watch in a bag with rocks and nails and shaking the shit out of it. It also gets this done, and setting the insert in bleach for 30 min. I like the worn look no doubt, I do there there is a line to stop and you may have gone MILES over it but hey, it’s cool, and you like it so that’s all that matters!!

for the DWO, put it in water with a teaspoon of instant coffee for 15 min and rinse and reinstall. It will age/color it in a nice way but not too much if that makes sense

Ticktock8

👽👽👽👽👽
Patron
Certified
27/2/17
UK
Cheers all, might get a white on black or a roulette datewheel

McPwn

21/9/20
Looks cool! The dial and hands came out nice. Could always switch the bezel insert for a beat up gen for cheap.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
I must be missing something here. Seriously, why do this ?

To each his own. As long as you are happy with it, that's all that matters.

As for the datewheel - why not put in intense heat and let it bubble up - use it like that. Or just don't use one at all.

Reactions: KJ2020

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
The Dremel has touched every bit of this watch apart from the crystal.
So, what next?

Maybe do the decent thing and take it to your wrists next?

I quite like it actually, not sure I'd wear it much, but it's quite fun.

Daryl70

3/7/19
I'm glad your happy with it but i think the dremmel has aged it a bit too much. looks like a grinder has been put to the watch lol. You can age a watch by putting it in a bag of nails stone and a load of other shit and shake the bag and it looks aged properly. Glad your happy with it and its nice to see a post about a 5 digit. What was you trying to achieve with this experiment?

Also the datewheel id say age it lightly not too extreme and keep this large font

Last edited:

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
The last watch I aged, I just tied it to my grandmother's walker and let her have at it.
Definitely a slow, step by step process.

Reactions: Ticktock8

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
The last watch I aged, I just tied it to my grandmother's walker and let her have at it.
Definitely a slow, step by step process.

I was thinking just the other day of putting my vintage tudor on my 7 year olds ankle, give him a soda, tell him to go play outside.
Might take the movement out first though.

Ticktock8

👽👽👽👽👽
Patron
Certified
27/2/17
UK
Thanks for the nice comments.. it's going back to my watch guy to have the dial and hands cleaned slightly to reduce the effect a little. I'm also planning to stick a new bezel insert on and go a little easier on it. Does anyone know if I need a snap in bezel insert or an adhesive one?

Thank you community you are all hero's!

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
I like the look of an aged watch, but I prefer to age them naturally. I don’t baby my watches but I do try to avoid big damages like hitting it against the door frames as I walk through doors. I’ve busted crystals like this before.

I like the dial/hands.
The age on the dial/hands looks decades old. I’m not familiar enough with the age of this reference to know if it matches that time period or not.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI