• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Batman GMT 116710 BLNR photo review

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I just got the QC pics for an ARF Batman. Does this look acceptable?

IMG-20210508-WA00007c947a67e7ce1236.jpg
222f5319dc07b8848f.jpg
3369f3f1dffe436218.jpg

You have to decide that bro. It's being said that VRF and ROF are now using CF inserts and that is believable IMO as they look very good.

Z7qgnE.jpg

ZvdUao.jpg

Your insert looks just like those pictured above and I have seen other ARFs with the same low 18 transition. So either ARF is also sourcing some inserts from the same place as VRF/ROF, or there are different batches of ARF inserts, some of which look exactly like the ARF/ROFs. There is something to be said for the transition to be outside of the 8 since it diverts attention away from the join line which IS still visible on an ARF insert at certain angles in certain light.

Or you can roll the dice on another QC in hopes of getting the 18 transition higher like the gen. If everything else on your QC is OK, I would lean toward taking it, especially now with the conditions like they are in the rep world. Who knows how long it would be before another sample is sourced, and there is no guarantee it would be any different.

ZvX7xv.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mrsullivan

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
I'd probably accept that, but at the same time I'm having a hard time deciding - I'd prefer VR for the movement, the ARF insert is compelling, but if others join the ranks, fine.

Another thing I like about ARF is their hands. I don't know, but in direct comparison, the fidelity of the ARF hands is so much better than VRF for instance (comparing ARF LN with VRF BLRO), that I can't but dislike the VRF in favour of the ARF simply because of that.

​​​​​And I'd like jubilee. Jeez.

So ARF + VR3186 + Crystal + separate jubilee bracelet.. phew. Hard times indeed.

Still don't know for certain about a proper fitting jubilee, does anyone have input on that? Does the jubilee from arf Date just fit?

guybythelake

13/7/14
You have to decide that bro. It's being said that VRF and ROF are now using CF inserts and that is believable IMO as they look very good.

Z7qgnE.jpg

ZvdUao.jpg

Your insert looks just like those pictured above and I have seen other ARFs with the same low 18 transition. So either ARF is also sourcing some inserts from the same place as VRF/ROF, or there are different batches of ARF inserts, some of which look exactly like the ARF/ROFs. There is something to be said for the transition to be outside of the 8 since it diverts attention away from the join line which IS still visible on an ARF insert at certain angles in certain light.

Or you can roll the dice on another QC in hopes of getting the 18 transition higher like the gen. If everything else on your QC is OK, I would lean toward taking it, especially now with the conditions like they are in the rep world. Who knows how long it would be before another sample is sourced, and there is no guarantee it would be any different.

ZvX7xv.jpg

I thought the ARF batman inserts were 1 piece?

I hate to nit pick but that insert transition is too low for me. You can see the black under the eight. I have looked at most pics on this thread and none of them is like this. If this is a new thing by arf, then it is a screw up on their part. I think i ll go with a refund and move on. Are you sure it the low transition is a trend and all ARF batmans are like this now?

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20

I hate to nit pick but that insert transition is too low for me. You can see the black under the eight. I have looked at most pics on this thread and none of them is like this. If this is a new thing by arf, then it is a screw up on their part. I think i ll go with a refund and move on. Are you sure it the low transition is a trend and all ARF batmans are like this now?

I just accepted a ARF batman and the transition was great.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

The ARF BLNR insert is not one piece

ZGtoTp.jpg

At most angles and lighting conditions, it looks very good.

ZGtmob.jpg

ZGtWMX.jpg

As I mentioned, in certain light at certain angles the join line is visible. Also the color of the silver marker fill varies slightly on black vs blue. The silver is more grey on black and brighter on blue.

ZGtiDi.jpg

ZGtqb5.jpg

guybythelake

13/7/14
The ARF BLNR insert is not one piece

ZGtoTp.jpg

At most angles and lighting conditions, it looks very good.

ZGtmob.jpg

ZGtWMX.jpg

As I mentioned, in certain light at certain angles the join line is visible. Also the color of the silver marker fill varies slightly on black vs blue. The silver is more grey on black and brighter on blue.

ZGtiDi.jpg

ZGtqb5.jpg

Thanks for clarification and nice transition on 18.

Reactions: KJ2020

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Qc accepted today
vr movement ordered
crystal? Maybe Clark’s....

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Here is the pic you pointed out at post #469 compared to what I was offered (Transition is much lower on mine). If the offered watch was like the one from post # 469, I would not have a problem and would accept. Is all ARF GMTs are like what was offered to me from now on?
527de834357779aaf.jpg

If you do a color shift on the blue, it is easier to see the boundaries. Yours is slightly lower, I wouldn't say it is "much lower". In fact yours is straight and clean, I would pick it over the other one if having to choose between the two. The other one has some uneven color bleeding, the only thing that makes it look higher up.

ZGQlEP.jpg

Measured as a deviation from gen, yours is only about 0.5mm low. But we all have our limits on what we can accept.

ZGQCHW.jpg

Regarding your other question l don't think even a TD could tell you with certainty what the next ARF insert will look like, they just accept what the factory delivers.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
ZGQlEP.jpg

Looking at these two inserts together like this, I think they are not from the same source. The one on right has a different shape to the 8 (shorter and wider holes), and the marker fill is different. The QC one looks like other ARFs, the one on the right does not.

guybythelake

13/7/14
ZGQlEP.jpg

Looking at these two inserts together like this, I think they are not from the same source. The one on right has a different shape to the 8 (shorter and wider holes), and the marker fill is different. The QC one looks like other ARFs, the one on the right does not.

So the pic you have comparing to my QC is from post #469, a standalone bezel which not even sure if it is an ARF!

Comparing my QC to all the pics I have seen, there is not even one posted here comes close to how low the transition is. Thanks for the measurement with caliber but it should be a difference of a decent ARF insert vs this QC. I hope that this insert on the QC is a screw up on ARF not a trend!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So the pic you have comparing to my QC is from post #469, a standalone bezel which not even sure if it is an ARF!

Comparing my QC to all the pics I have seen, there is not even one posted here comes close to how low the transition is. Thanks for the measurement with caliber but it should be a difference of a decent ARF insert vs this QC. I hope that this insert on the QC is a screw up on ARF not a trend!

Here is an ARF with the low 18 transition. I have seen several others, this is just the next one I came to working backwards in this thread after the standalone insert.

ZGpKjI.jpg

post 449

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...81#post9831481

You can be sure this is no mistake on which factory the insert is from. Clarkent is very selective in his parts choices and always makes great builds.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
ZGpeWb.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

guybythelake

Yours on the left

There are some gens with slightly lower transitions also. I've seen one where you could see a tiny triangle of black below the middle curves outside of the 8.

I'm not trying to talk you into anything bro. Just sharing what I've seen and offering my opinion that I would likely take this one. It really is not that visible on the wrist.

I still love my Noob Pepsi and never even think about how wrong its 18 transition is.

15863119308421.jpg

Last edited:

guybythelake

13/7/14
ZGpeWb.jpg

guybythelake

Yours on the left

Thanks again for the info, this kind of transition is just not acceptable to me specially most of the ARF inserts look ok. It looks like what is presented to me was from the worst 1 percent. And it is just disappointing. But good info... looks like some poor ones are definitely out there.