• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Batman GMT 116710 BLNR photo review

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
So... This weekend I decided to be brave and have a go at fitting the genuine Rolex crown I managed to source. The 2 crowns are pretty much identical with the genuine crown being better finished and the gasket looks to be larger and better quality as you would hope.

Great job!

Reactions: Omega38

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Omega38 glad you are happy with the watch mate. It runs like a tank now with the serviced movement. Thanks mate.

Reactions: Omega38

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
bertieng no not all. In omega38 case the GMT hands were loose in such that when the jumping module is used the GMT hand will drift. My guess it vary from case to case. Certainly a new hands or a mod is required for sure.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
bertieng no not all. In omega38 case the GMT hands were loose in such that when the jumping module is used the GMT hand will drift. My guess it vary from case to case. Certainly a new hands or a mod is required for sure.

If the GMT hand is drifting, can you crimp the hand tube? If so, is there a good micro crimping tool you recommend?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
If the GMT hand is drifting, can you crimp the hand tube? If so, is there a good micro crimping tool you recommend?

I've had to do this a couple times. The hand hole surrounds on an ARF GMT handset are surprisingly strong. I just use a very strong set of tweezers to make the round hand hole shape slightly oblong (oval). I always do this in an axis coincident with the length of the hand, so if there is any incidental bending of the hand hole surround above (which has happened to me), the bending will blend in better with the hand's natural slight lateral curve. This would not apply to the GMT hand so much but I do it with that hand also for the sake of uniformity. It's really very hard to crimp one of these hands too much, but of course be careful and take it gradually.

It's also common for an ARF second hand hole to be too tight for the VR second wheel post so that hole needs to be broached a tiny bit. You can use a sharpened sewing needle. Again, care is required to not open the hole up too much. Most sewing needles are too thick to begin with so sand the tip and 5mm or so down from the tip to a diameter slightly larger than the hand hole. I always test fit a second hand onto a second wheel post before the dial or the other hands go back on so I can work with it without concern for other parts getting damaged.

Last edited:

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
butler182 it vary from case to case. I have another 3 batman to convert I will let you know if it is all the same. I tried using a tweezers to reduce the size but I cannot seem to get it to work, so I just source new rep hands instead.

It vary from person to person on how they want to achieve the goal. There are many ways to skin the cat. And is very unlikely all cases are the same since it is a replica hands. I didn't have any issues installing the other hands for ARF. Only the GMT hand had issues.

You can try using a watch maker tool with a hole similar size to the GMT hands but unfortunately I don't have the tool to perform such task. I would not recommend to try to bend the case tube with tweezers unless you know exactly what you are doing. KJ2020 is a very experienced modder here. You need to practice many years to have such skills. Otherwise you might end up with hands that is damaged beyond repair.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
butler182 I tried using a tweezers to reduce the size but I cannot seem to get it to work, so I just source new rep hands instead.

Thanks for the guidance tsyeo4. Much appreciated! I have a VR3185 waiting in the wings if/when the SH3186 gives out. Hopefully I'll get lucky and all the ARF hands will fit with ease. Were you able to source the new VR handsets from a TD? If so, which one?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Thanks for the guidance tsyeo4. Much appreciated! I have a VR3185 waiting in the wings if/when the SH3186 gives out. Hopefully I'll get lucky and all the ARF hands will fit with ease. Were you able to source the new VR handsets from a TD? If so, which one?

Yes, VRF GMT handset can be supplied by the TD's such at PT, TT.

Reactions: KJ2020

Gamecock1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/21
Excuse my ignorance but is this watch still being sold by a dealer? Is there a better version? What dealer should I go through. Thanks

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Excuse my ignorance but is this watch still being sold by a dealer? Is there a better version? What dealer should I go through. Thanks

Yes it is. Better version depends on what you're looking for, all reps have flaws. Check the various threads related to the model you want to understand their pros and cons and make up your mind.

Any dealer can sell you this watch. Go to the trusted dealer section and pick the one you prefer

Reactions: Gamecock1

ninzeo

1/12/20
Incoming

8dbf72047d0ab4dd69ca47f2676d9b92.jpg

59a8dd21e9a97d4eb4f910d9ea6e3255.jpg

ninzeo

1/12/20
Yeah bezel in these QC pics looks amazing. Only minus was a slightly misaligned rehaut, but I GL’ed it because I was not sure I was gonna see a bezel with similar nice transitions again

johnwatch

Certified
14/12/13
FYI I just confirmed Pure time will sell VR3186 movement and BLNR GMT hands for $158 and $25 respectively. Plus $15.

$198 total. For those that are interested.

I'm ordering the ARF for $518 plus $35
$158 plus $25 total. $761 which will be expensive for a BLNR however if it has a solid movement and great Bezel I thi k it will be worth it. Gen BLNR's are going for $16-$17k with box and papers.

Reactions: Neo_7