• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Batman GMT 116710 BLNR photo review

Guicamarao

17/2/14
Beautiful insert! Nice platinum and blue color. Swap the crystal and you have a beautiful batman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: m5smg2

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I’m thinking of putting a jubilee on it. Wondering if noobs will fit well or should try arf again

Noob jubilee should fit. I put an ARF GMT LN bracelet on a Noob 126710 BLRO case and the fit is perfect.

Last edited:

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Bringing more pictures of the ARF BLRN against the GEN.

looks like 2 ARF to meThe bezel insert on the supposed to be gen looks pretty bad

Last edited:

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
looks like 2 ARF to meThe bezel insert on the support to be gen looks pretty bad

Looks like 116710blnr isn't your expertise then as the watch is genuine... ;-)

Arf bezel has some transition lines (hardly noticeable) other than that it is as close as it gets to the genuine one

Last edited:
Reactions: saucin

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Looks like 116710blnr isn't your expertise then as the watch is genuine... ;-)

Arf bezel has some transition lines (hardly noticeable) other than that it is as close as it gets to the genuine one

Well, I am not an expert on the BLNR but the engravings on the gen bezel look bad in some numbers.
No transition lines don‘t make a Gen. My doesn‘t have any transition lines in the Pics I posted above.
But it is maybe the light?

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Well, I am not an expert on the BLNR but the engravings on the gen bezel look bad in some numbers.
No transition lines don‘t make a Gen. My doesn‘t have any transition lines in the Pics I posted above.
But it is maybe the light?
A0B79DBD-0DDC-4480-8049-2B338CB9767Ec0173428b39c064d.jpg

Better picture of the GEN ;-)

On the other pictures you can tell the gen by simply looking at the CG

Last edited:

kennycoder

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/9/12
A0B79DBD-0DDC-4480-8049-2B338CB9767Ec0173428b39c064d.jpg

Better ;-)

On the other pictures you can tell the gen by simply looking at the CG

For those who are not 1000% macro freaks, it's very hard to tell gen and this arf apart. Comparing to my friends gen it's so hard to see which one is the rep that I cannot describe. CG is hard to spot nor I can see any diff to be honest. The only complain i have is the squeaky bracelet that had to be fixed with some grease.

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
For those who are not 1000% macro freaks, it's very hard to tell gen and this arf apart. Comparing to my friends gen it's so hard to see which one is the rep that I cannot describe. CG is hard to spot nor I can see any diff to be honest. The only complain i have is the squeaky bracelet that had to be fixed with some grease.

How did you proceed exactly? Greasing the individual pins for each link or..?

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
I would just ultrasonic clean and wear it, my last arf bracelet was also squeaky from the beginning and it solved allone within some days of wearing.

I think it's normal with new bracelets because the tollerances are very small between links and pins and there can sure occur some squeaky places that should disappear after some wear. I think better it squeaks than when it rattles, that indicates a nice tight bracelet!

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
I'm so conflicted, I wish there was a definitive correct rep to get. But as far as reading between the 3 or so different threads with the 116710BLNR go I believe the following applies. Although I'm certain that I will be put right in due course.

ARF

Pros
Seems like a good choice for overall construction -
Good crystal and bezel/transition quality (and colour?)

Cons
The movement is sub-par compared to VR
Thin crownguards
Potentially poor quality bracelet.
incorrect serif per gen dial print - not a big issue.

VRF
Pros
Closest to gen dial accuracy
Reliable movement and good DW
"Correct2 crown guards - as far as they can be
Good color on the bezel
Good bracelet?

Cons
Incorrect 126710 case shape and marked as the same between the lugs?
Poor bezel transition in some units
Sub-par crystal - not something that I can see
Variation in hand lume width and border between batch 1 and 2 (believe KJ2020 knows more about this)

ROF

Pros
Unknown quantity as yet for the batman -
Has VR Movement
Cheapest of the 3.

Cons
Sub-par crystal - worse than VRF
Possibly same bezel construction as VRF
Asymetric CGs?

Feel free to put me right, as I want to pick up a batman but want to understand which the best compromise is first.

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
I'm so conflicted, I wish there was a definitive correct rep to get. But as far as reading between the 3 or so different threads with the 116710BLNR go I believe the following applies. Although I'm certain that I will be put right in due course.

ARF

Pros
Seems like a good choice for overall construction -
Good crystal and bezel/transition quality (and colour?)

Cons
The movement is sub-par compared to VR
Thin crownguards
Potentially poor quality bracelet.
incorrect serif per gen dial print - not a big issue.

VRF
Pros
Closest to gen dial accuracy
Reliable movement and good DW
"Correct2 crown guards - as far as they can be
Good color on the bezel
Good bracelet?

Cons
Incorrect 126710 case shape and marked as the same between the lugs?
Poor bezel transition in some units
Sub-par crystal - not something that I can see
Variation in hand lume width and border between batch 1 and 2 (believe KJ2020 knows more about this)

ROF

Pros
Unknown quantity as yet for the batman -
Has VR Movement
Cheapest of the 3.

Cons
Sub-par crystal - worse than VRF
Possibly same bezel construction as VRF
Asymetric CGs?

Feel free to put me right, as I want to pick up a batman but want to understand which the best compromise is first.

il say go for ARF and if you want to throw in a VR movement, The ARF one isn't bad. Had mine for about a month and not had a single issue even with the jumping hand

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
The ARF is the only one with a gen like bezel insert, including closest colour as well as no speed bumps

The insert is the thing that makes a batman a batman, so IMO it makes the decision easy. Not perfect but best looking batman available, unless you start mixing parts

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
I'm a bit surprised to see that ARF started using VR3135 on their V4 Subs?? Didn't think they ever make the jump ! A switch to VR on the GMTs would be more than nice, the question for the best ootb batman would be definit :)

Pic of V4 Sub movement:
rlx2020102603-16.jpg

Reactions: Pietros

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
The ARF is the only one with a gen like bezel insert, including closest colour as well as no speed bumps

The insert is the thing that makes a batman a batman, so IMO it makes the decision easy. Not perfect but best looking batman available, unless you start mixing parts

ROF is a worthy competitor. Insert like ARF's and it uses the VR Movement

Reactions: Jayalvin777