• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Batman GMT 116710 BLNR photo review

Subdued

20/11/19
I am happy with the movement but not so with the engraving of the bezel. That’s why I was thinking of selling my GMF and buying a ARF.
But I hear a lot of people who say that the movement is not so great in an ARF...

Arf movement is good. Just minimize using the jumping hour it will be fine.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I am happy with the movement but not so with the engraving of the bezel. That’s why I was thinking of selling my GMF and buying a ARF.
But I hear a lot of people who say that the movement is not so great in an ARF...

I'm happy with my ARF, and so far I've been lucky with the movement but I'm being super careful with it. But indeed the movement has been reported to be fragile. You could buy the ARF, swap the bezels and resell the ARF with GMF insert on m2m

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
A slight off-topic but is anyone aware of any plans of ARF to up their range and also prepare a batgirl?

I'm still absolutely amazed of the overall quality and feel of the GMT LN from arf and could use a little bit more sparkle and color, both of which I see in a potential batgirl.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
A slight off-topic but is anyone aware of any plans of ARF to up their range and also prepare a batgirl?

I'm still absolutely amazed of the overall quality and feel of the GMT LN from arf and could use a little bit more sparkle and color, both of which I see in a potential batgirl.

Or can one obtain a jubilee strap from ARF that fits and create one's own batgirl?? (no crown at 6h on the dial but hey you can't have it all at least the CCs are correct!)

Reactions: KJ2020

Guicamarao

17/2/14
f24f4dc2ca2153bfd48ebd06c6f046ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
etashazam ARF OEM crystal is garbage. I recommend the BH crystal from

I wouldn't say it's "garbage" but yes ARF crystal is not the best rep crystal anymore now that vsf is here.

Funny how just about a year ago people used to praise about ARF's rep crystal quality. And now it's considered as "garbage" LOL

Hey, if that's the case, do I get to call prof. crystal "garbage" as well since I have a gen crystal on mine???? :p j/k

ZtttBK.jpg

Guicamarao

17/2/14
I wouldn't say it's "garbage" but yes ARF crystal is not the best rep crystal anymore now that vsf is here.

Funny how just about a year ago people used to praise about ARF's rep crystal quality. And now it's considered as "garbage" LOL

Hey, if that's the case, do I get to call prof. crystal "garbage" as well since I have a gen crystal on mine???? :p j/k

ZtttBK.jpg

It's garbage. Also this crystal makes the DW looks really bad. The SD43 ARF has a much better crystal than ARF BLNR. Profs is another level, I have on my LN and the BH is better than gen.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Any chance ARF is gonna sell just the insert like Noob does for the Pepsi?

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I'm having dirty thoughts on this one.

As it has the 126710 body, with an acquired gen or rep 126710 dial and a noob or whomever jubilee and a gen crystal, and a set if gen hands one would have a very nice Batgirl Franken ....

I had a look on chromo24 at the rolex parts section. Wow what a mess. Can't even filter for a dial. ..

does anyone know who makes the best 126710rep dial? noob? GMF?

I already have a gen crystal lying about waiting to get installed somewhere ..

Timewellspent

Renowned Member
2/4/13
USA / Florida

ZtttBK.jpg

Mhmmm not sure anyone was praising ARF crystals.... first thing most members did was swap crystal and DW cause they were less than desirable to say the least

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Mhmmm not sure anyone was praising ARF crystals.... first thing most members did was swap crystal and DW cause they were less than desirable to say the least

Yes they were. Back when it was competition between noob, vrf, bp, gmf and arf before vsf and zzf joined the game.

Not saying I was EVER a fan of ANY rep crystal as I install gen crystal on ALL of my rolex reps.

I just find it amusing to see someone calling once a well respected factory's crystal "garbage". that's all.

Cheers.

Last edited:

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
Yes they were. Back when it was competition between noob, vrf, bp, gmf and arf before vsf and zzf joined the game.

Not saying I was EVER a fan of ANY rep crystal as I install gen crystal on ALL of my rolex reps.

I just find it amusing to see someone calling once a well respected factory's crystal "garbage". that's all.

Cheers.

THIS ^^^

First thing, I don't find ARF crystal garbage at it. Yes it maybe subpar compared to VSF and Prof xtal and but by no mean they're garbage. I have VSF crystal installed on mine as it's slightly better than ARF.
For a garbage crystal, may I remind you the GMF v1 crystal? with it over magnified cyclop and virtually no AR? Plus they're so thick that the gasket has to be thick causing a dome-like look on your watch. Ugh!

Reactions: KJ2020 and guru

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
What are these BH crystals you are referring about? I seem to have never heard of that before..