• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Who Has the Best Sub" Blind Rate - Need your help

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Great idea but I see a couple of problems.

Because not every reviewer will be assigning the same values, or value ranges, from best to last, your cumulative highest scoring watch may not be the best. For example, it’s possible the watch ranked first most often will not have the highest cumulative score.

To address this, may I suggest, after you close the voting, you convert your totals for each view to rankings, first to fifth. One warning when you do this, keep in mind that when two watches tie, they both receive the same place (ie 1st and 1st) and the next watch will be two places down (ie 3rd).

Further mucking up your result is that all reviewers probably do not agree on which views are most and least important. For example, I personally would put a higher value on “front view” than “lug engraving” but, if you merely total the scores, you’re giving all views equal rating.

One way to address this would be to query the forum to grade the importance of each view (for example: critical, very important, important, less important, don’t care). Then multiply the weight for each view (using the above example: 1.0, 0.8, 0.6, 0.4, 0.2) times the adjusted scores for each view (1, 2, 3, 4, 5).

Finally, after adjusting and weighting the scores for each view, add up the totals for each watch and rank them.

Regardless of how it’s done, I’d love to see this become an annual “Voted Best of Class Award” for Subs and other watches as well.

Reactions: kokemut

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand

Because not every reviewer will be assigning the same values, or value ranges, from best to last, your cumulative highest scoring watch may not be the best. For example, it’s possible the watch ranked first most often will not have the highest cumulative score.

To address this, may I suggest, after you close the voting, you convert your totals for each view to rankings, first to fifth. One warning when you do this, keep in mind that when two watches tie, they both receive the same place (ie 1st and 1st) and the next watch will be two places down (ie 3rd).

Further mucking up your result is that all reviewers probably do not agree on which views are most and least important. For example, I personally would put a higher value on “front view” than “lug engraving” but, if you merely total the scores, you’re giving all views equal rating.

One way to address this would be to query the forum to grade the importance of each view (for example: critical, very important, important, less important, don’t care). Then multiply the weight for each view (using the above example: 1.0, 0.8, 0.6, 0.4, 0.2) times the adjusted scores for each view (1, 2, 3, 4, 5).

Finally, after adjusting and weighting the scores for each view, add up the totals for each watch and rank them.

Regardless of how it’s done, I’d love to see this become an annual “Voted Best of Class Award” for Subs and other watches as well.
Or he could hold each one look at them all together and pick his favourite. Much less convoluted

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06

In my review, I will show 2 scores, one based on the blind rate average and one by me and I will include my own opnions on each view plus other aspects which cannot be shown on the images.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
In my review, I will show 2 scores, one based on the blind rate average and one by me and I will include my own opnions on each view plus other aspects which cannot be shown on the images.

I see.

I think it would have been quite a vital point to compare the Black Hole and Halo Effect as well. It's a pity that it's been totally ignored

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I see.

I think it would have been quite a vital point to compare the Black Hole and Halo Effect as well. It's a pity that it's been totally ignored

None of them have halo effect and I could not picture black hold effect either.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
None of them have halo effect and I could not picture black hold effect either.

Well I see, even if the members who received the ZF / VSF said differently. It's easy to make the BH effect appear in pictures, many people did.

It's really a pity

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Well I see, even if the members who received the ZF / VSF said differently. It's easy to make the BH effect appear in pictures, many people did.

It's really a pity

Black hole effect only appears in some specific lighting conditions and shooting angles and my studio is full of flash lights and lightings so it is not easy for me to picture it.

For me the AR color, AR effect (transparency), manifying power are the most important features of a cyclops.

Reactions: Yogibear

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
May I call you Angus?

Anyway, I want to thank you for doing this. It’s lots of fun and educational for someone like me who owns a bunch of watches including three Rolexes (first of 5 gens not to go into the business) but finds the replica game fascinating.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Black hole effect only appears in some specific lighting conditions

Oh well, I just checked my friend's GMT and its BH was easy to spot. It can easily be seen if you are under natural / warm lightning, just tilt your watch and there it is.

ZoDFF2.jpg

ZoDS2E.jpg

ZoDflt.jpg

For me the AR color, AR effect (transparency), manifying power are the most important features of a cyclops.

I agree with you about AR transparency and magnifying power, but i think that BH and Halo effect are just as important if not more important than these 2 aspects!
It's really the first thing you see in most indoors / outdoors scenarios :p

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
May I call you Angus?

Anyway, I want to thank you for doing this. It’s lots of fun and educational for someone like me who owns a bunch of watches including three Rolexes (first of 5 gens not to go into the business) but finds the replica game fascinating.

Thank you my friend for your kind words :)

Oh well, I just checked my friend's GMT and its BH was easy to spot. It can easily be seen if you are under natural / warm lightning, just tilt your watch and there it is.

ZoDFF2.jpg

ZoDS2E.jpg

ZoDflt.jpg

I agree with you about AR transparency and magnifying power, but i think that BH and Halo effect are just as important if not more important than these 2 aspects!
It's really the first thing you see in most indoors / outdoors scenarios :p

None of the reps has halo effect, and since I took all the pics in my studio and I was lazy and I didnt want to move my camera so it was my bext effort to shoot black hole effect.

Reactions: Tione12

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
So it's nearly a week now, i don't see much more vote, what is your bet on which model is what?

My take, based on front view letter order: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ate-front-view
Code:
[COLOR=#FFFFFF]A:ZZF
B:ZF
C:VSF
D:NOOB
E:ARF (easy to spot, best hands in class)

My best combo would be C watch with E hands :D[/COLOR]
(select text to see !)

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
So it's nearly a week now, i don't see much more vote, what is your bet on which model is what?

My take, based on front view letter order: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ate-front-view
Code:
[COLOR=#FFFFFF]A:ZZF
B:ZF
C:VSF
D:NOOB
E:ARF (easy to spot, best hands in class)

My best combo would be C watch with E hands :D[/COLOR]
(select text to see !)

Yeah I was expectnig more participation, I think people only care about the result rather than participating in a review, next time I will just post the review.

Russkiy Doc

Horology Curious
5/4/14
Yeah I was expectnig more participation, I think people only care about the result rather than participating in a review, next time I will just post the review.

I looked and declined to try to rate various attributes. Yes I saw some small differences but many of them all looked the same to me.

Reactions: Copterguy

Russkiy Doc

Horology Curious
5/4/14
WTF??? Why did this post my message 4 times? And no way to delete extras? Apologies! System error?

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
WTF??? Why did this post my message 4 times? And no way to delete extras? Apologies! System error?

Mine does that sometimes when using iphone.... the built-in forum protection stops it when I'm on desktop. Can't delete them but edit them and put "double", or in your case.. double, triple and ffs. lol.

Reactions: mari115