X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rockdaly
    started a topic New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

It looks like VRF upgraded the colors on their VRF Pepsi Max version released today. Colors look like the Noob insert. What do you guys think?
    https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master-...x-version.html

• shocktech102
    replied
    Originally posted by ihermann View Post
    I did that for 2020, going back more years is useless since new models come out. Don't you agree?
    No, because they all have their flaws and deciding which flaws you’re okay with will decide which watch you should purchase. What’s I find as an acceptable flaw may not be to the next person.

Leave a comment:

• ihermann
    replied
    Originally posted by bertieng View Post
    ihermann
    I would suggest you to read thro the whole 46 pages of this thread. There are tons of info for you to consider what suits you best. Have fun and enjoy
    I did that for 2020, going back more years is useless since new models come out. Don't you agree?

Leave a comment:

• bertieng
    replied
    ihermann
    I would suggest you to read thro the whole 46 pages of this thread. There are tons of info for you to consider what suits you best. Have fun and enjoy

Leave a comment:

• wolfiqar
    replied
    Originally posted by RiffRalf View Post

people buy the noob for the insert. And pay a lot for a watch with a time bomb movement . But then again the time bomb doesn't always go off.
    people buy this one for the better movmovement and the bright red insert. And a better price. Some buy this one and put the noob insert on it.
    If it were me I would get this one. I like the brighter red. But I won't because I am more of a Batman dude. And just blew the watch budget on a Daytona. And a bluesy. Ok ok and an AT.
    As someone who loves the Batman, and cannot decide which one to get.. which one would you say is the most aesthetically pleasing and closest to gen? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• RiffRalf
    replied
    Originally posted by ihermann View Post
    Hey guys.
    I was looking to buy this one too (VRF MAX). But there are so many things to consider. The noobs up to V11 have the timebomb, others have crappy movements. I honestly don't which one to pick. This is worst than buying a house lol.
    Anybody care to venture an opinion. Which is the current best gmt master II pepsi black face? The best maybe the wrong word. Which one would you buy for a specific reason and what is that reason?
    I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks
    people buy the noob for the insert. And pay a lot for a watch with a time bomb movement . But then again the time bomb doesn't always go off.
    people buy this one for the better movmovement and the bright red insert. And a better price. Some buy this one and put the noob insert on it.
    If it were me I would get this one. I like the brighter red. But I won't because I am more of a Batman dude. And just blew the watch budget on a Daytona. And a bluesy. Ok ok and an AT.

Leave a comment:

• ihermann
    replied
    Hey guys.
    I was looking to buy this one too (VRF MAX). But there are so many things to consider. The noobs up to V11 have the timebomb, others have crappy movements. I honestly don't which one to pick. This is worst than buying a house lol.
    Anybody care to venture an opinion. Which is the current best gmt master II pepsi black face? The best maybe the wrong word. Which one would you buy for a specific reason and what is that reason?
    I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Last edited by ihermann; 27-02-21, 23:11.

Leave a comment:

• KJ2020
    replied
    Originally posted by SvnNZ View Post

Still my favorite rep, wonder if I can use a marker on the insert engravings and tidy up those transition lines a bit.
    You could try my new Molotow marker flooding technique (the MMFT, haha). You would need to do the whole insert though as it wouldn't match the other markers. Have a look here

KJ2020 Paint Mod

Speed bumps are hard to hide with any paint mod but join lines like yours can be made much less noticeable.
    Last edited by KJ2020; 27-02-21, 16:09.

Leave a comment:

• GottaHave
    replied
    Originally posted by SvnNZ View Post
    Still my favorite rep, wonder if I can use a marker on the insert engravings and tidy up those transition lines a bit.
    Is it the VRF Max in your pic?

Leave a comment:

• SvnNZ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cooly27
    replied
    Originally posted by DC109 View Post
    ROF only does the white gold pepsi/BLRO models, so the case will have rollmarks for gold.
    Hello Mate, do you know which Jubilee bracelets ROF Pepsi or batman can take? I really want it with the jubilee bracelets, but it looks like there is no option for that. Thank you kindly.

Leave a comment:

• DC109
    replied
    Originally posted by Duckber View Post
    So is there a reason to grab this over an rof? Seems to be the same watch.
    ROF only does the white gold pepsi/BLRO models, so the case will have rollmarks for gold.

Leave a comment:

• Duckber
    replied
    So is there a reason to grab this over an rof? Seems to be the same watch.
    Last edited by Duckber; 19-02-21, 17:20.

Leave a comment:

• KJ2020
    replied
    Originally posted by jcher View Post
    Impressive knowledge once more. Do you know if the noob insert can be pressured fitted?
    It's way too thick for that bro. It's possible it might be able to be wedged in to some bezels randomly and stay put but that's completely different from being pressure fitted.

Here's some pics comparing the Noob Pepsi insert thickness to the ARF LN. The bottom pic shows the Noob insert sanded thinner so it would fit in an ARF bezel.

pics credit Pelagic

Leave a comment:

• stevier88
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

too bad they cant make it right like vrf
    Tbh mate it’s negligible and not spotted on the wrist. The noob insert is decent, no speed bumps, nice engravings and darker colours closer to mk2/3 gen pepsi’s. I only sold
    it as I preferred the lighter colours of the vrf and variations in different lighting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X