• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Here is a gen pic, matches the VRF colors (MK1 gen) more accurately in my opinion.

ZpOWNj.jpg

AAARRGGH those speedbumps! The children!! Will someone please think of the children !!! :rofl:

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Will get the VRF when they improve rehaut, crystal and datewheel. But hopefully VSF will throw their hat into the ring first... ;)

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Check out the ROF - Uses VRF insert and VR3185. Case, SEL, rehaut and bracelet is good quality (just needs an ARF clasp to take it to the next level). But crystal and bezel action was bad in mine (pretty stiff). Maybe VSF might bring us a winner...

https://trustytime.io/index.php?mai...n_description=1&keyword=ROF+A3186+CHS&x=0&y=0

Thanks! Good call, you are right on the money on that one. But given my latest shopping spree with VSF lol, and the quality vs. investment, I´d rather totally wait a couple of months and see what happens.

acer1113

Known Member
26/11/19
Noob bracelet is much better, as the matter of fact vrf bracelet is crap hehe. I did comparison earlier.

​​​​​​But hey everything can be fixed

You mean jubilee bracelets right? And what about ARF vs noob in jubilees ?

I've both but sub version and ARF is better, gen feeling after removing the razor shape effect and a good bath in oil

acer1113

Known Member
26/11/19
Check out the ROF - Uses VRF insert and VR3185. Case, SEL, rehaut and bracelet is good quality (just needs an ARF clasp to take it to the next level). But crystal and bezel action was bad in mine (pretty stiff). Maybe VSF might bring us a winner...

https://trustytime.io/index.php?mai...n_description=1&keyword=ROF+A3186+CHS&x=0&y=0

Yep you right !
Now my money would be on the ROF + just a platinum mod and new crystal (not gen, maybe clark's? )
Looks like the batman doesn't need even the platinum mod...but I'm not sure.

Tempting :rolleyes:

DkHelmet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/20
Southeast PA, US
I had mumbled and grumbled a while ago about color balanced photos. Unless someone's in frame with a 18% neutral grey card, you're gonna get some weird colors. Home bulbs and sunsets change perception and photographs in very strong ways. And with how deeply and profoundly... interested... in perfection (and... arguing... over that perfection) it's easy to dismiss bezels as "colors are off" or "that's not the right shade of blue" or "crap get Noob u n00b lol". So I decided to do something about it a bit. I'm no photographer but I do play one in my basement. This is my VRF Pepsi Max, all stock, color balanced and shot with a hefty macro lens. No digital zoom or crops here (except in the super closeups of the 6 and 18).

Camera is a Canon EOS 6D with a Sigma 100mm DG macro prime with a 1.4x Teleconverter, yielding roughly a 140mm prime macro lens. Yes, it's a bit soft around the edges but such is life. Shot in a softbox with two 5500k lights and one halogen crap lamp. Nothing's perfect; with the teleconverter I lose autofocus under a few inches, so a lot of patience is involved. But still, results are not too bad.

Things of note: even with the QC pic being "pretty alright" the speedbumps are nonexistent when in hand. Photos taken with overhead lamps like in a QC office in China will really exaggerate shadows and the bumps, and ceiling fluorescent lamps with reflectors are pretty crap. There's a lack of edge polishing with the hands that's noticeable. Rehaut engraving is nothing to scream at. But if you're looking at it and can see it you're using a 10X loupe and roughly pulling my wrist over to your side of the table!

QC Pic from JTime. This is a higher resolution than normal one after a RL due to SEL.

Setup with color registration card and 18% neutral grey CB card. White studio lights are above and right, warm 2800K to the left.

Ok, let's go.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Excellent pics bro, thanks for all this effort. The VRF insert looks very good overall and appears very similar to the GMF Pepsi without the sometimes white border seams. Definitely an acceptable choice albeit pretty noticeably brighter than most gens. There aren't many MK1 gens around. Conversely, the Noob is pretty noticeably darker than most gens, so we need to pick the one that pleases us most. Or just get one of each, haha.

GMF
16079675464501.jpg

Noob
15863119308421.jpg

Reactions: rockdaytona

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Mine came in today, crystal upgrade is a must but my Speedbumps are terrible, looks like a gap at 6, bezel not been joined properly. Would a sharpie mod help reduce this or is it something I’d have to somehow try and reglue the two part bezel?

VBxems.jpg

VBxsI6.jpg

VBxxoh.jpg

VBx2O0.jpg

VBxGpD.jpg

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
Mine came in today, crystal upgrade is a must but my Speedbumps are terrible, looks like a gap at 6, bezel not been joined properly. Would a sharpie mod help reduce this or is it something I’d have to somehow try and reglue the two part bezel?

What a shame & I feel your pain.

Need the experts to chime in & assist you asap.

Maybe consideration to a new insert if you're doing a crystal upgrade? Not telling you how to spend your money but it's a good looking example.

Looking forward to your fix. :popcorn: