• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

acer1113

Known Member
26/11/19
Great talk, moron. Hope 'your friend' enjoys his Batman and you enjoy your black GMT. I'll enjoy my Pepsi, I'll just be sure to avoid Kevin and his dog with augmented eyes eager to call me out, instant tell bezel insert! :megalol:

There are some flaw that you can't spot on the wrist, and they are normal in this game. We pay 1/20 - 1/30 of the gen in the end.
But an insert like that is easy to spot if the owner sits next to you (no offense for the guy who has it, we're just talking):)

If you can't see it from 50-80cm you just need to buy a pair of glasses, without coming here insulting and worst spying on people. Clown

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
There are some flaw that you can't spot on the wrist, and they are normal in this game. We pay 1/20 - 1/30 of the gen in the end.
But an insert like that is easy to spot if the owner sits next to you (no offense for the guy who has it, we're just talking):)

If you can't see it from 50-80cm you just need to buy a pair of glasses, without coming here insulting and worst spying on people. Clown

Do you have the vrf Pepsi?

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Yep agree, rubbish.
Instant tell on the wrist if you know a bit about gmt reps
Think I'll go for the black version

No way that's an instant-tell on the wrist. Blown up 10 times on a website-yes. Peeping out from under someone's cuff no way.

Unless you're him .....

As the owner says:

It’s a common flaw that isn’t noticed on the wrist in most lightings. ......

kevBquick

9/10/18
its time to quit the member bashing. before mods come in.

being an owner of a VRF pepsi. not all have the transition issue. this piece is one of my favorite pieces. mine has been operating a +0/sec a day. was a perfect piece with a crystal on it...its even better.
my QC is somewhere in this nonsense. the movement is actually very nice on it. also owner of a GMF pepsi. the GMF is OK...but the VRF is super nice end story.

hell at this point if he want to order himself another insert and swap his out...he can. it will cost but he can. what he is willing to accept does not need to meet anyone else's standards.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Excited to get this from the one and only @oascam . Vrf with DJF meteorite dial, noob insert, gen xtal, gen Dw. Can’t wait for it on the wrist!!
Inspired by KJ2020

Awesome result bro, well designed and executed. Congrats!

Mine says hi

16050745460240.jpg

brandan_20

19/10/11
I think this is going to be my next order I just can't risk ordering the noob with that time bomb of a movement issue. I just want to confirm what movement this watch comes with. Is it the VR3186?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
I think this is going to be my next order I just can't risk ordering the noob with that time bomb of a movement issue. I just want to confirm what movement this watch comes with. Is it the VR3186?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I like noob better for super smooth bezel action. Actually vrf bezel action is super bad and i tested few.

Vrf has better dial.

Here is comparison
​​​​​​noob v11 vs vrf max without markers Noob on the left.

And here is the last one of the meteorite dials i have if anyone nos interested to build awsome meteorite version of the Pepsi :D

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/watch-parts-and-accessories/9655703-last-gmt-meteorite-dial

https://vimeo.com/510512014

acer1113

Known Member
26/11/19
Excited to get this from the one and only @oascam . Vrf with DJF meteorite dial, noob insert, gen xtal, gen Dw. Can’t wait for it on the wrist!!
Inspired by KJ2020

WOW very nice project, gen parts always makes a difference, here for example speed bumps on insert are definitely not evident, hard or impossible to see on the wrist (which is what matter, here at 10x is another story).
I'm thinking about this GMT from VRF, looks some has a better insert than others. Or maybe are just the pics...this looks VERY good

acer1113

Known Member
26/11/19
I like noob better for super smooth bezel action. Actually vrf bezel action is super bad and i tested few.

Vrf has better dial.

Nice comparison thanks, only small advice don't focus your choice on the bezel action, that could be easily fixed without buy anything.
On subs with fishing wire, on this one by remove some material from the metal "clicker" under the bezel.
Anyone with a dremel or some sand paper and patient can do it

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Nice comparison thanks, only small advice don't focus your choice on the bezel action, that could be easily fixed without buy anything.
On subs with fishing wire, on this one by remove some material from the metal "clicker" under the bezel.
Anyone with a dremel or some sand paper and patient can do it

Noob bracelet is much better, as the matter of fact vrf bracelet is crap hehe. I did comparison earlier.

​​​​​​But hey everything can be fixed

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Few pictures of the vrf insert and noob insert I recently got.

ZpIZOX.jpg

Nice comparison pics, thanks for sharing!! I have always been the Noob Pepsi insert fanboy but after getting the VRF insert recently, I am liking it more. The MK1 gen colors are more vibrant and present better contrast in sunlight (Noob in comparison is still very good and closer to MK3 colors with more darker shades). Can't go wrong with either, I guess its a personal preference.

Here is a gen pic, matches the VRF colors (MK1 gen) more accurately in my opinion.

ZpOWNj.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
Nice comparison pics, thanks for sharing!! I have always been the Noob Pepsi insert fanboy but after getting the VRF insert recently, I am liking it more. The MK1 gen colors are more vibrant and present better contrast in sunlight (Noob in comparison is still very good and closer to MK3 colors with more darker shades). Can't go wrong with either, I guess its a personal preference.

Here is a gen pic, matches the VRF colors (MK1 gen) more accurately in my opinion.

ZpOWNj.jpg

Tried to get better lighting but think it shows the differences enough. Much like yourself mate I was swaying towards the noob but now going back towards the vrf, colours are lighter closer to mk1 gen, transition is good, more colour variations in different lighting, speed bump isn’t great, engravings could be a tad whiter and thicker.

noob, colours are much darker but when you compare against an mk2/3 gen it’s looks not far off. Much prefer the engravings on the noob though.

pic of mk1 gen left (closer to vrf) and mk2 right closer to noob.

Reactions: srhoque