• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

harmeetjollyy

7/8/16
For buyers who don't have any plan to do franken or mod, which Pepsi, GMTshould I buy? Noob, GMF or this VR Max?
This is the noob
880c0b976483f1f7b184d14b8aed5db8.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Reactions: GottaHave

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
For buyers who don't have any plan to do franken or mod, which Pepsi, GMTshould I buy? Noob, GMF or this VR Max?

I would not buy the noob because of the timebomb movement, the brown instead of red bezel insert and the fact that it is so overpriced. I am more of a BLNR fan but if I were to buy a Pepsi it would be the VR max ....

Last edited:

harmeetjollyy

7/8/16
I would not buy the noob because of the timebomb movement, the brown instead of red bezel insert and the fact that it is so overpriced. I am more of a BLNR fan but if I were to buy a Pepsi it would be the VR max ....
But in day light it looks red.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Cooly27

Horology Curious
5/6/20
Bro, if you bought Clark's 295 C, those are made to replace a gen B25-295-CAR-C1. They are 30.5mm in diameter at the upper step and 29.5mm at the lower step. I've installed a lot of these and they fit perfectly inside the inner diameter of a rep or gen ceramic insert, which is 30.6mm at least, and sometimes as much as 30.8mm.

Here is a pic of three I have on hand, shown inside a ZZF green, VRF black, and aftermarket blue ceramic insert.

What crystal height gasket should I get for VRF? I read in the earlier post (by another user) that 2.5mm is too low. It should be between 2.7-3.0 mm. Please let me know, mate. Thanks.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
What crystal height gasket should I get for VRF? I read in the earlier post (by another user) that 2.5mm is too low. It should be between 2.7-3.0 mm. Please let me know, mate. Thanks.

2.85mm would be the obvious starting point bro but I always go into a replacement project with an assortment of gaskets. I prioritize proper date magnification over proper crystal height as much as possible. Sometimes you can't have both.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-Clark-2-8...B&pageci=a81aff35-cb16-447d-b5a5-0b1fc65874e1

You can also shave a gasket down to a custom size easily enough. Just insert the gasket onto a crystal (use a junk one if available) and sand the bottom on sandpaper flat on the bench. 320 grit is OK to start, switch to 400 or 600 as you get closer to desired height. Don't use black sandpaper, it can discolor the gasket.

Cooly27

Horology Curious
5/6/20
2.85mm would be the obvious starting point bro but I always go into a replacement project with an assortment of gaskets. I prioritize proper date magnification over proper crystal height as much as possible. Sometimes you can't have both.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-Clark-2-85...5-0b1fc65874e1

You can also shave a gasket down to a custom size easily enough. Just insert the gasket onto a crystal (use a junk one if available) and sand the bottom on sandpaper flat on the bench. 320 grit is OK to start, switch to 400 or 600 as you get closer to desired height. Don't use black sandpaper, it can discolor the gasket.

Thank you so much, KJ. I appreciate your help for other members. Unfortunately, I don't have any equipment nor parts. My plan was to get a Clark Crystal and bring it to the local watch smith for his service to swap it for. With your advice, I was thinking to get the one with AR coating on the window date with 2.85 mm height. Do you think that will work somewhat?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thank you so much, KJ. I appreciate your help for other members. Unfortunately, I don't have any equipment nor parts. My plan was to get a Clark Crystal and bring it to the local watch smith for his service to swap it for. With your advice, I was thinking to get the one with AR coating on the window date with 2.85 mm height. Do you think that will work somewhat?

I think that would be your best bet yes. You can ask the seller for that gasket height in the purchase. Look through the sales info it tells you about specifying which gasket you want.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25-295-C-2...DefaultOrganic&_trksid=p2332490.c100930.m5375

Last edited:

Cooly27

Horology Curious
5/6/20
I think that would be your best bet yes. You can ask the seller for that gasket height in the purchase. Look through the sales info it tells you about specifying which gasket you want.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25-295-C-29....c100930.m5375

Last edited by KJ2020; 27-01-21, 05:31.

Unfortunately, this is what he wrote:

New message from: nostalgia-2000 Top Rated Seller(32,098TurquoiseShooting Star)
I am sorry but I do not have the newer books so I cannot look
up your case number,
Gary

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Unfortunately, this is what he wrote:

New message from: nostalgia-2000 Top Rated Seller(32,098TurquoiseShooting Star)
I am sorry but I do not have the newer books so I cannot look
up your case number,
Gary

You don't need him to look up your case number bro. Just order the crystal I linked and ask for the 2.85mm gasket. This crystal will fit the VRF GMTs.

mightysigs

Horology Curious
24/6/19
Hi guys, to those who owned the VRF, how is the movement so far after a month or so of ownership? I am still inclined to get this watch but would like to know the movement's reliability. Also, how much power reserve is it running? Thanks in advance.

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Hi guys, to those who owned the VRF, how is the movement so far after a month or so of ownership? I am still inclined to get this watch but would like to know the movement's reliability. Also, how much power reserve is it running? Thanks in advance.

Hi mate, the movement has been around for a while - look for KJ2020's thread

Last edited:

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
Few pics of the noob bezel. Still very much prefer the blue on the VRF though.

ZB2KmL.jpg

ZB23cQ.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Few pics of the noob bezel. Still very much prefer the blue on the VRF though.

ZB2KmL.jpg

ZB23cQ.jpg

Looks like a decent one bro. Those two pics illustrate the dramatic difference strong lighting makes on apparent marker thickness. Compare the 6 marker in each of your pics, one looks significantly thicker. Also the numeral 1's in each individual pic look like different thicknesses but they aren't. In less harsh light the markers don't look that thick. Look at the 10 in your pic compared to mine.

ZBeTtb.jpg

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Has anyone had their noob bezel markers fade? I seen a post earlier about someone's v10 pepsi fade after a few months on the markers.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Has anyone had their noob bezel markers fade? I seen a post earlier about someone's v10 pepsi fade after a few months on the markers.

They will all eventually fade, some get more time depending on the care/feed done. If you want it permanent, have spongebob do a platinum mod.

gareth

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/10
What does it take to get a colour transition in the right place? ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk