• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
It's vr3185 with gen parts, a work horse i would say.

i bought Batman v11 noob and ordered insert separately.

Purchasing a noob insert separately for a custom GMT build is the way to go! Might grab the new ARF Batman and do the exact same thing.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Purchasing a noob insert separately for a custom GMT build is the way to go! Might grab the new ARF Batman and do the exact same thing.

If you wanna do the exact same thing, get vrf or noob v11 batman instead of arf. arf batman's sh3185 isn't reliable as vr3185 in vrf or noob v11

Reactions: Oascom

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
If you wanna do the exact same thing, get vrf or noob v11 batman instead of arf. arf batman's sh3185 isn't reliable as vr3185 in vrf or noob v11

That's new to me, I need to study up on GMT movements, thanks

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
New ROF Batman is worth considering too, the insert is much better than the Noob

It would be good to have some more views of the Pepsi ROF from people who know more than me. It looks good from pictures but I can't honestly tell what the flaws are. There doesn't appear to be the soeedbumps of the VRF and has roughly the same sort of colour as the Noob. Seems to be a good option but is this an unknown factory in terms of build quality, or do people have prior experience of them?

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
New ROF Batman is worth considering too, the insert is much better than the Noob

It would be good to have some more views of the Pepsi ROF from people who know more than me. It looks good from pictures but I can't honestly tell what the flaws are. There doesn't appear to be the soeedbumps of the VRF and has roughly the same sort of colour as the Noob. Seems to be a good option but is this an unknown factory in terms of build quality, or do people have prior experience of them?

Silverg

I'm Pretty Popular
8/11/08
Us
Anyone have a tutorial on removing and reseating the bezel insert? Mine came a bit misaligned.

Last edited:

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
Anyone have a tutorial on removing and reseating the bezel insert? Mine came a bit misaligned.

I think you must look in YouTube. I have any info from yt how disassembling a Rolex bezel insert.

Gesendet von iPhone 11 Pro Max mit Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Post #14

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ase-share-your-thoughts?p=9572683#post9572683

kevBquick

9/10/18
Bro that's an easy link and it has to come undone so you can access the springbar to adjust the link to the other detents. I would try soaking it overnight in WD-40. If that doesn't do it, you may have to get creative with some kind of brace against the outer sections of the link so you can exert greater force on it without damaging anything. I've had a few that were stubborn too.

(On reps they should call these "hard links", haha)

So there was plastic from it being wrapped pinched in and keeping it stuck. Even under the bezel plastic stuck and clasp.

so that’s whatever. For future reference. If anyone’s is stuck. They have the plastic stuck in it around it. Thought I was gonna break it or bend something. It did come loose

Reactions: KJ2020

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
It's vr3185 with gen parts, a work horse i would say.

i bought Batman v11 noob and ordered insert separately.

Looking further into this. Did you buy the red GMT hand separately as well? As the batman has a blue GMT hand

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
So here's what I'm thinking of doing:

Buy base watch, replace crystal and insert with Noob.

With that in mind, could I just use the original VRF and not the Max version? Seems like the older version uses the same movement and from what I understand only upgraded the insert.

Reactions: Offmybach

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
He used a Noob v11 BLNR and gen hands

Yeah my apologies I went back and seen the more in depth explanation. My one issue with using the v11 base is the SEL flushness. And when I saw that photo I was blown away by how nice they look. And I've come to find it had to be modified a bit.

oascom , can you elaborate your SEL fix on the Noob? I think this is the best way to go right now. That looks great.

Last edited:

Mrpong

15/9/19
For buyers who don't have any plan to do franken or mod, which Pepsi, GMTshould I buy? Noob, GMF or this VR Max?

Reactions: sebatian