• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I doubt very much it's a CF. We would have heard about it before now from Li. Also this VRF insert is obviously a two piece, which I agree CF would not be a party to.

Not a CF, confirmed by Li. The GMF pics looks interesting. First time, I have seen shades of cranberry red in a rep one.

Reactions: KJ2020

DkHelmet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/20
Southeast PA, US

hackman

12/9/20
It looks incredible. Definitely gonna snag one and the new vsf 41 sub

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Zoztun.jpg

It's a beautiful watch. I love the insert colors, but it is not close to the gen colors at all. I don't let that aspect of a watch keep me from Iiking it though. Even though I have the Noob Pepsi I still reach for my GMF as often.

The VRF Max has similar joint lines to the GMF, because it's a two piece insert. And similar transition points. The unevenness at the joints vary a little among samples but it's there in both models. The insert flaws are tolerable IMO because I don't have macro vision. The VRF crystal is bad and should be changed to something better though. Look at how the date window bottom edge is not parallel to the top edge but slopes down to the right. Pretty safe bet that isn't in the dial.

GMF
16035732592087.jpg

Funny you say that.
I remember when the 126710 BLNO came out. I was not a fan. I didn't like the jubilee bracelet, I didn't like the colors. It just wasn't for me. And this was like 3 months after it first came out so it was probably the start of the summer and I happened to be at the AD where I saw one in person and was able to check it out and that was it. I've loved it ever since then. That.. "Rolex effect" = where it is just this random subtle detail or feature just hits you hard. The BLNR has it.

But so far all the ootb GMT Reps (especially The 1267XX models) just don't have that same gravitas as a genuine Rolex has. Every model has some details that make it seem/feel like a Rolex.

Not yet. They're getting close but not there yet and it's so frustrating because it seems like it should be easy. Lok.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
It's a neutral gray card in which you can ensure the photo takes into account lighting and white balance. If you shoot with one and run your monitor through a color balancer you can be prettty damn sure that what you see is what you actually took. It eliminates a lot of the weird hue casts you get from crappy lighting.
The automatic white balance of most cameras is still able to screw up your colour. It's always better to use a defined light source and set WB manually.

Reactions: harmeetjollyy

kiwon618

8/5/19
hmmm Interesting that we can have enjoyable Pepsi but still in debating

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Honestly looks pretty good. The VRF are consistent with these inserts too, point of transition and speedbumps are the same.

I'll probably do a wee paint mod inside the 8 and the 6 to hide the lines when I receive mine.

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I received QC from TD today. Is it a rule violation for me to upload a photo?
Yeah you can post pics especially In a Thread about the watch. It's only a violation to post a QC Pic and ask the forum to check it in your behalf. But posting is fine.

Also the pics you posted look good.

Edit to add - actually that looks really good. This QC is the first time I'm really really looking at this model and this looks really good. The dial and hour marks look great.
I'd love to see this in some sunlight to what the colors really look like.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

tobosutin

Horology Curious
17/4/17
Thank you for your feedback. I also seemed very good.
I’m looking forward to the arrival this watch and I will upload a photo when the watch arrives.

jcguo0516

4/12/18
damn both of the QC look clean af, perfect DW position, insane insert, crystal not bad, but i would still wanna put either gen or prof crystal on it, then it a perfect watch no future mod needed

Reactions: leo6929

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Honestly looks pretty good. The VRF are consistent with these inserts too, point of transition and speedbumps are the same.

I'll probably do a wee paint mod inside the 8 and the 6 to hide the lines when I receive mine.

Do you flatten the inside/bottom of the engraving with a Dremel before painting?