• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

Navigator H4

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/5/20
Well, I was happy too soon. I ordered and paid for the watch 458$ but now the TD wants an additional payment. The factory allegedly gave the wrong price.

Secretagnt

Known Member
28/10/10
Palmetto State - CONUS
Zoztun.jpg

It's a beautiful watch. I love the insert colors, but it is not close to the gen colors at all. I don't let that aspect of a watch keep me from Iiking it though. Even though I have the Noob Pepsi I still reach for my GMF as often.

The VRF Max has similar joint lines to the GMF, because it's a two piece insert. And similar transition points. The unevenness at the joints vary a little among samples but it's there in both models. The insert flaws are tolerable IMO because I don't have macro vision. The VRF crystal is bad and should be changed to something better though. Look at how the date window bottom edge is not parallel to the top edge but slopes down to the right. Pretty safe bet that isn't in the dial.

GMF
16035732592087.jpg

agreed and it will be getting a new crystal in the very near future.

DkHelmet

21/7/20
Southeast PA, US
The VRF crystal is bad and should be changed to something better though. Look at how the date window bottom edge is not parallel to the top edge but slopes down to the right. Pretty safe bet that isn't in the dial.

That could be parallax. I'd want some more pics to judge.

Man, it'd be nice if TDs had a legit macro lens on a DSLR with a grey registration card. And didn't ratchet the JPEG quality down to 60%.

DkHelmet

21/7/20
Southeast PA, US
The VRF crystal is bad and should be changed to something better though. Look at how the date window bottom edge is not parallel to the top edge but slopes down to the right. Pretty safe bet that isn't in the dial.
Man, it'd be nice if TDs had a legit macro lens on a DSLR with a grey registration card. And didn't ratchet the JPEG quality down to 60%.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Parallax won't occur in a straight on pic bro. Look at the gen pic in the post above. Also note all the distortion in the dates of the PT pics. VRF has a history of using lower quality and under mag crystals but this batch is not even usable.

TDs purposely use poor lighting and low resolution QC pics. They would never sell a rep if they couldn't hide some flaws. QC isn't meant for minor flaw discovery, it's to make sure you got the correct factory and model with no major flaws.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Those Intime pics aren't showing accurate colors bro. I think this insert will look more like the bright red shown in these pics under most lighting conditions. More like the GMF colors.

bro, I think this insert (CF?) is really close. I have seen a lot of photos of the gen in different lighting, as you can see a photo of the gen with a lot of light and high contrast shows the same color as the (edited) photos from Puretime.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
bro, I think this insert (CF?) is really close. I have seen a lot of photos of the gen in different lighting, as you can see a photo of the gen with a lot of light and high contrast shows the same color as the (edited) photos from Puretime.

I was thinking the same - the light in those additional Puretime photos seems to have been filtered or brightened in some way, it didn’t quite look natural. I think it’s going to look pretty good when someone has one in the flesh

kevBquick

9/10/18

the red is close or good enough...i would say here...gen blue is more blue. where the VR is a darker hue of blue. I mean I don't mind it. since there are 3 version of pepsi in gen anyways.

was watching this video for live colors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb4PGGlAsdQ

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I don't think that the colors of vrf and bmp are similar

Intime's GMF pics are not accurate - the GMF insert has no nice cherry hues at all like those pics show.

These pics of the GMF insert are unfiltered. VRF construction is likely similar, and maybe colors too. We can always hope.

I removed the factory paint fill prior to doing a paint mod
6lLLs.jpg

6Q4aS.jpg

6QdkP.jpg

6QTzo.jpg

6QCvk.jpg

6Qp8D.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

Navigator H4

16/5/20
If the insert is from CF, I cannot imagine that they have the same construction as gmf.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
If the insert is from CF, I cannot imagine that they have the same construction as gmf.

I doubt very much it's a CF. We would have heard about it before now from Li. Also this VRF insert is obviously a two piece, which I agree CF would not be a party to.