• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

tom86

Divers only
Supporter
Certified
28/7/19
EU, UAE
As far as it seems those speedbumps do differ on each piece, some are more significant, others are not that visible. Honestly it should not be a big issue unless you look at close-ups. The colors look on-spot, at least from these images. I'm really curious about those QC's.

Substar

16/9/20
Insert colour looks perfect to this gen.
d7a7fb59ae2268345bff45cafdd124e4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Substar

16/9/20
The biggest problem on this rep is the actual bezel profile. The Pepsi does not share the same bezel as the Batman/black model.
Pepsi has a more shallow bezel with different teeth shape and a thicker lip profile(noob got this correct actually) which also gives the crystal a raised profile compared to other GMT’s. Pic below shows this pretty well. Unfortunately VRF have simply used a standard gmt bezel.
1454760582d0de5bfb575f0236ca8b3d.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Navigator H4

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/5/20
Unfortunately, most factories do not attach importance to a correct bezel shape.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
The biggest problem on this rep is the actual bezel profile. The Pepsi does not share the same bezel as the Batman/black model.
Pepsi has a more shallow bezel with different teeth shape and a thicker lip profile(noob got this correct actually) which also gives the crystal a raised profile compared to other GMT’s. Pic below shows this pretty well. Unfortunately VRF have simply used a standard gmt bezel.
Keen eyes, mate! I've never noticed that detail...

ZmvWwL.jpg

Last edited:

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
That speed bump is so hard to unsee once you know it's there especially @ 6 o'clock....They really nailed the color though...

Reactions: vcappp and molivio

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The red is Ferrari red in those pics - way too bright for a match to any gen MK. It's pretty, maybe Rolex should have used these colors. Looks like the 5 digit Pepsi colors.

The datewheels on these samples look horrendous but that may be due to a bad crystal/cyclops. The distortion in the cyclops is so apparent at even slight angles that these crystals would not even be usable. An embarrassment to be seen with.

Reactions: vcappp

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
That speed bump is so hard to unsee once you know it's there especially @ 6 o'clock....They really nailed the color though...

THIS !!!!! so much progress

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
But they did nice job connecting both colors and can't see any bump there.

Wondering if they ever going to be able to make a "perfect" one hehe

Well hopefully with this VRF release it might pressure Noob into something, whether that be lowering the price of their current timebomb, upgrading to the VR3185 or both!

Reactions: vcappp

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
How about this Pepsi insert
ZmG0nk.jpg
[/url]

The red looks even lighter than the VRF MAX in TD pics, which is pretty bright red as we've seen. Plus the 1 serifs are wrong. Don't see any speed bumps and the transition points are good. Cyclops distortion is there at only a slight angle off, too bad.

ZmSzfR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and Oascom

Cicalone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/19
I like the color of insert a lot but that speed bump just kills it....hopefully they can come out with improved version without the bump soon.
Hi, what exactely speed bumps means?

Inviato dal mio SM-N770F utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr.Lee