• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I don't see anything different besides the insert and the datewheel. The insert looks good, of course the QC will be the real test. Website pics can be deceiving. The colors are nice, arguably the red is nicer than any of the 3 gen versions depending on your preference. It doesn't have the deep cherry/burgundy hues of the MK 2/3, which is OK by me since factories haven't gotten that exactly right anyway. The blue is a good match to either MK 2/3.

It's curious why the DW is so bold since it's a VR3185 (properly engraved to 3285). The VR3185 has always had a near gen-like DW. Hope that's not a bad omen.

rockdaly bro you should edit your post to label your second pic as the previous model to make that clear to those who might not know better.

KJ, if we are looking to drop in an OEM date wheel, would it be a direct swap with one from a 3185? (which i think is the same one from the 3135) Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

AwesomeHappy

9/3/17
Any consensus regarding this so far? This version looks pretty tempting and i might get one soon!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Isn't it the very same movement as the last VRF Pepsi? Only change is the insert?

No change to the movement BUT the one shown here has a much bolder datewheel font, first I've seen that on a VR3185.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks bro, how do I edit the original post?

If you are using Crap-a-talk IDK, lol

On a PC or phone browser, there is an edit icon at the bottom right corner of the message box near the like icon.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ, if we are looking to drop in an OEM date wheel, would it be a direct swap with one from a 3185? (which i think is the same one from the 3135) Thanks in advance.

Yes the datewheel part number 3135-16200 is the same for

Reactions: vcappp and THXuk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks like the movement is VR3186 and just stamped 3285. would be nice getting some clarification on this though....

VRF GMTs have only ever had the VR3185 movement, including this new Pepsi release. It is the best true clone rep GMT movement available.

RWI calls the VR true clone GMT movement a VR3185 to differentiate it from the SH and SA3186 and because it is modeled after the gen 3185. It has key parts, primarily the GMT click spring (part 3185-660, proper name 'Module for jumping hours') that are modeled exactly from the 3185.

The SH/SA true clone GMT's are modeled after the gen 3186, which has several different parts and a different GMT click spring. The gen design was changed to eliminate the other hands from wobbling when hour jumping but the change resulted in a weaker spring that is more prone to breaking even on the gen.

Gen jumping hour click springs compared

Last edited:

kevBquick

9/10/18
I need a Pepsi. I like a quality replica. Should this be getting bought or do you wait for Noob to put a decent movement in their BLRO?

and charge you $750 for a movement upgrade. EFF THAT! I think i'll pull the trigger on this myself. Not fond of the bold date font and since I don't have the mod skills. I am a little hesitant.
But more than likely...this is a buy within an hour of me debating in my head. I'm sure my keyless just needs to get fixed on mine...but its beyond my skill. I need to see crystal height of this.

and then for a VSF blueberry and I'll call it the year till after chinese new year.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I need a Pepsi. I like a quality replica. Should this be getting bought or do you wait for Noob to put a decent movement in their BLRO?

I would wait for some QCs - more than one. VRF has a history of inconsistent insert samples. Their second batch of Batman inserts was atrocious - the blue went well up into the 8 in 18, and in one case even completely past it!

This new VRF Pepsi is still a two piece insert unlike the Noob and while its colors are arguably better, you can still see a join line at 6 like the GMF suffers from. Some GMF samples were pretty bad with how much the join line was visible. Others were OK, it's luck of the draw. People resorted to a paint mod to improve the appearance.

New VRF
ZmmfrX.jpg

GMF paint mod
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/8845329-gmf-pepsi-bezel-paint-mod

kevBquick

9/10/18
yeah i had to resort to the paint mod on my GMFv1 to bridge that gap only 1 side. my first reject had both sides issues. i think on my third i couldn't see it on red paint....it worked out fine in the end.
noob has the only nice union between red and blue. however i'm not all that fond of the insert color. while we are aware of the mk1, mk2, and mk3. i believe it to be off. i do think its an impossible task if the hopes are that its as gen as possible. i don't think the colors will ever never ever be close enough. so I except that. i do happen to think the VR max is closer. my opinion. i know KJ has a noob. i've seen others. i love the union of blue and red on the insert....but color wise....its not my preference. then noob price for just an insert with time bomb movement. no thanks....and what wait till its corrected. I think VSF is also taking a shot at this....maybe ARF but I heard that last year. all seem to have union issues. this VR max is the same price as my GMF v1 with a 2836-2 .movement.

to me pricing is right with a clone movement. bezel is obviously key...there are QC issues. thing is i can post a good one....next person may not be so lucky. i will slow myself down and give it a moment. noob lately is overrated to say the least.

Reactions: vcappp and KJ2020

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I would wait for some QCs - more than one. VRF has a history of inconsistent insert samples. Their second batch of Batman inserts was atrocious - the blue went well up into the 8 in 18, and in one case even completely past it!

This new VRF Pepsi is still a two piece insert unlike the Noob and while its colors are arguably better, you can still see a join line at 6 like the GMF suffers from. Some GMF samples were pretty bad with how much the join line was visible. Others were OK, it's luck of the draw. People resorted to a paint mod to improve the appearance.

New VRF
ZmmfrX.jpg

GMF paint mod
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/8845329-gmf-pepsi-bezel-paint-mod

Good advice thanks.

Reactions: KJ2020

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive
I am searching some video of this new VRF Pepsi on YOUKU....but seems it is impossible, now, if u haven't an account.....somebody could confirm me this, and eventually post some video if they exsist?

Reactions: Neo_7

rocketman1

Known Member
1/10/18

Noob is just rubbish. Even though it is the best known available it's shit as the blue/red transfer is totaly wrong and doesnt match with none of the Gen MK I, II or III inserts. the transfer zone on the three gens is all the same and all other available is just wrong.

If the new VRF Max is better has to be seen when first QCs are ready...