• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
These QCs are fantastic! If I were a BLRO fan I would definitely order one.

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Patron
Certified
12/10/19
EU
Wow... pretty good and pretty consistent quality on QC's....

Neil McCauley

Certified
19/10/20
Germany
For an out of the box Rep really impressive, only prof crystal and you’re ready. DW and bezel looks also very good „like“ gen. Nice piece ;)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

GearSuper

Horology Curious
26/7/14
The QC's are really looking nice! Any recommendations as to who can do the gen crystal install for me in the US? Tnx

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
ZosU64.jpg

Nice watch, crystal is (almost) the worst I've seen. Check out this beauty, haha

ZosqJb.jpg

Zosoki.jpg

kevBquick

9/10/18
while QC seems to be going good on this....movement is right....all things considered....its a decent watch.
my hang up is that the colors of the bezel for any pepsi aren't close. anyone else having this issue?
avoiding the debate and i have purchased 2 already last one being a GMF but it broke. I just can't seem
to squeeze the trigger.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
while QC seems to be going good on this....movement is right....all things considered....its a decent watch.
my hang up is that the colors of the bezel for any pepsi aren't close. anyone else having this issue?
avoiding the debate and i have purchased 2 already last one being a GMF but it broke. I just can't seem
to squeeze the trigger.

Given the fact that there are 3 versions of the gen BLRO and that all colours look different on photos, videos, the internet and even in RL depending on the lighting, I would have no problem with this Pepsi. I think it looks really nice and personally prefer it to the BLBR (as in brown LOL) of the much vaunted Noob. I prefer the smaller case and the aluminium insert of the 5 digits pepsi so I will not be buying this myself but if wanted one I would get this.

Reactions: Fervid and leo6929

mightysigs

Horology Curious
24/6/19
Hey guys, greetings. Long time lurker here. I'm on the verge of buying the VRF pepsi watch and it's going to be my first rep but I have a few questions.
  • Is it ok to purchase directly from the website via credit card? Anyone had trouble with fraud after the purchase?
  • What is the turn around time from purchase to actually receiving the item?
  • How is the movement on this watch so far? I have read horror stories of a GMT movement failing a few days after purchase but not sure what factory the watch came from and what movement the watch was running.
  • How likely will the parcel get seized in the home country's customs? Did anyone run into this scenario in one of their purchases?
  • How do you guys get your reps maintained (i.e. routine service, lubrication, etc)? Quite a bit concerned taking it to a third party watch service center.
  • Has anyone got seized at the airport by wearing a rep watch? Im worried about putting the watch inside the carry on bag, going through the scanner and get questioned thereafter on the watch's authenticity.
Thanks in advance.

mew

18/12/15
Germany
Hey guys, greetings. Long time lurker here. I'm on the verge of buying the VRF pepsi watch and it's going to be my first rep but I have a few questions.
  • Is it ok to purchase directly from the website via credit card? Anyone had trouble with fraud after the purchase?
  • What is the turn around time from purchase to actually receiving the item?
  • How is the movement on this watch so far? I have read horror stories of a GMT movement failing a few days after purchase but not sure what factory the watch came from and what movement the watch was running.
  • How likely will the parcel get seized in the home country's customs? Did anyone run into this scenario in one of their purchases?
  • How do you guys get your reps maintained (i.e. routine service, lubrication, etc)? Quite a bit concerned taking it to a third party watch service center.
  • Has anyone got seized at the airport by wearing a rep watch? Im worried about putting the watch inside the carry on bag, going through the scanner and get questioned thereafter on the watch's authenticity.
Thanks in advance.

here is the quick lazy answer. For more info, do some searching.

1) no, credit card isn't the best option. Transferwise works well though.
2) depends on your TD, whether the model is in stock, how quickly you accept QC pics and the country you ship in. Anything from 7 to 30 days.
3) This one should be gucci
4) not likely, triangle shipping exists. Just don't worry about this.
5) get it services at a rep friendly watch smith -> no one cares and they have seen thousands of reps before
6) this doesn't exist. Myth to fearmonger (?) anyone else wanna chime in? No, no one will check whether your cyclops has a black hole effect lol.

JERhoudin

Certified
13/5/16
Only happened when I was wearing SH movement, they never spotted a VRF so your good with this one. This keeping me from buying the arf batman :(
I got nabbed. Customs agents said they spotted the speed bumbs from a mile away. By the way, if you're wearing a noob pepsi don't say 'careful, it's a timebomb' at the baggage check.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

TheGarethJones

Known Member
4/4/18
I got nabbed. Customs agents said they spotted the speed bumbs from a mile away. By the way, if you're wearing a noob pepsi don't say 'careful, it's a timebomb' at the baggage check.

Too late. What do i do now? Help

Sent from the RWI App

mightysigs

Horology Curious
24/6/19

This is gold. :D Thanks everyone for chiming in.