• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
ZmVjKs.png
[/url]

The VRF MAX insert looks an awful lot like the GMF Pepsi insert which BTW unlike the GMF Batman has (mostly) correct 1 serifs. The serifs are not as curved as the gen, but the outer serif edge is parallel to the main body.

ZmcVE3.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Jesus f**kin christ, the greedy cucks. I knew I wasn't hallucinating the price bump.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Hmmm I don't know. Just to be clear and no offense but in this situation, you (we... All of us collectively) are the cucks.

If that's the word you meant to use. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Hmmm I don't know. Just to be clear and no offense but in this situation, you (we... All of us collectively) are the cucks.

If that's the word you meant to use. Lol.

Lmaoo
giphy.gif

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Just wear whatever you like guys :p I like the noob one as the transition is smooth, maybe wrong red color, maybe 18 transition could be better. If I would want perfection I would buy gen. But for the price this will do.

Vrf is ok but I can't live with those speedbumps and poor transition.

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Can we stop flooding this thread with noob pics and comments that have been debated to death and focus on this highly interesting but subtly flawed vrf and whether the flaws are acceptable.

And b4 another idiot says " it's the rep game, they all have flaws , if you don't want flaws go gen" we all understand that so pls stop stating the obvious.

It's about whether the flaws are non obvious enough to be acceptable by the discerning buyers of this forum.

kevBquick

9/10/18
good looking watch. amplitude is nice. 0s/d. solid watch.

i think i may pick up this VR Max and then do the Blaken Pepsi insert. Doesn't have a transition mark.

Genera74

29/12/14
Beautiful watch. Not a big fan of the jubilee on this watch. Could you fit an oyster bracelet on this?

Hazing

9/5/19
For me this one looks authentic over all
A Rolex crystal goes a long way. Like even if you have all other details looking terrible, a gen crystal covers a lot of mistakes.

Reactions: KJ2020

Hazing

9/5/19
The Noob insert can look great in certain lighting conditions but I would never get any of these rep inserts near a gen, it would be a complete embarrassment.

15831384678411.jpg
Thats the rub. I mean it's like the 1 model you can't get anywhere near gen. But I know 1 guy who has one and I rarely see him. Other than that, the only place I've ever seen a BLNO is the Rolex AD. It's not exactly somethibg you see everyday. I wonder how many gen are made per year and sold in the USA per year. Those would be interesting numbers to see.

Beautiful watch. Not a big fan of the jubilee on this watch. Could you fit an oyster bracelet on this?
Its been a few years but I felt the same way until I saw one. My opinion 100% turned around fromseeing it in person and putting it on.

Reactions: leo6929 and KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Zoztun.jpg

It's a beautiful watch. I love the insert colors, but it is not close to the gen colors at all. I don't let that aspect of a watch keep me from Iiking it though. Even though I have the Noob Pepsi I still reach for my GMF as often.

The VRF Max has similar joint lines to the GMF, because it's a two piece insert. And similar transition points. The unevenness at the joints vary a little among samples but it's there in both models. The insert flaws are tolerable IMO because I don't have macro vision. The VRF crystal is bad and should be changed to something better though. Look at how the date window bottom edge is not parallel to the top edge but slopes down to the right. Pretty safe bet that isn't in the dial.

GMF
16035732592087.jpg

Last edited: