• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
This is my new favourite piece! It’s so much better in the flesh than in pictures, the colours are special, it keeps changin from pastel to vibrant to nothing special to something special. It changes in every light. Very cool indeed.

ZSHAgK.jpg
ZSHhyR.jpg
ZSHKHL.jpg
ZSH248.jpg
ZSHemv.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tom86

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
This is my new favourite piece! It’s so much better in the flesh than in pictures, the colours are special, it keeps changin from pastel to vibrant to nothing special to something special. It changes in every light. Very cool indeed.

ZSHAgK.jpg
ZSHhyR.jpg
ZSHKHL.jpg
ZSH248.jpg
ZSHemv.jpg

Nice one you got there? Engravings and transitions look good. As a gen owner i can tell you this is great. Is there any paint mod on engravings? How’s the reflection in low light ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Lool i call you then

Said that is impossible to be VRF

ff83be44238e6e612b89e791c72aabc7.jpg

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Yikes that's a steep price tag!

Congrats, it's surely a beauty bro

2x retail, I must be crazy!?
Not really when you consider it as a strategic move or a stepping stone.

The grail for me is a 18k Submariner 16618 or 116618 which is a huge price that I can’t really afford at this moment. If I wear this for a while I’ll get all my money back (and more) and the next step into the grail won’t be so sore.
Not sure how long I will keep it, 6months, maybe a year or two.. but one thing is for sure, they will change the current GMT to 41/42mm in the next few years (2007 the LN supercase came out) and when this beauty gets discontinued it’ll go to the moon.. maybe I can add a few £££ then or even SWAP it for my grail then!

Reactions: KJ2020 and Pietros

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K

The grail for me is a 18k Submariner 16618 or 116618 which is a huge price that I can’t really afford at this moment. If I wear this for a while I’ll get all my money back (and more) and the next step into the grail won’t be so sore.
Not sure how long I will keep it, 6months, maybe a year or two.. but one thing is for sure, they will change the current GMT to 41/42mm in the next few years (2007 the LN supercase came out) and when this beauty gets discontinued it’ll go to the moon.. maybe I can add a few £££ then or even SWAP it for my grail then!

So what’s the logic behind this? Genuine interest.

Hold out and hope that it’s discontinued and price sky rockets in a few years but keep it 6months to a year? Or for sure they will change it to 41/42mm. £15,500 you’ve pretty much paid top end grey price so how would you anticipate getting money back and more? You wouldn’t sell it back to a grey for 15.5k, chrono will take a nice ££ for selling and the private market for pre owned is less.

Reactions: Roguetheory

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20

Well i would support your argument if you would’ve paid at retails listing , in my situation i got the call after 7 months of wait and paid at retail listing plus VAT. In your situation I believe you can barley breakeven for the near future , in case it is discontinued depends what successors has been released and how popular are they. Same situation of BLNR oyster and jubilee . In any event, it is a good investment, hold it for a good time and maintain in a good condition.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Lol, it didn't quite work out that way. I didn't hand over £ notes for it, I traded in that Daytona TT I took in px against a car last week. I tried to sell the Daytona but with only the inevitable lowballers making offers, I took it my my local greyD and he gave more for it than I could get selling it myself (14k). I traded it for the Pepsi.
So in reality, I had a car I drove for a year and swapped it for a watch. The car I'd have sold for 11.5-12k. I took the watch as a swap and got 14k px value for it (im 2-2.5k up now) and I added 1.5 on top to get into the Pepsi. So really I have this costing a good bit less in my head. The logic being that If I wear this for X amount of time, I can sell out anytime and top it up to my grail, if I lose a grand no matter, its been fun and i'm a watch guy, if I gain that's cool too.
I was NEVER ever ever going to get one at rrp.. This way I get to enjoy a Pepsi while I'm saving for the holy grail. If it gets discontinued in this time that's even better.

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Lol, it didn't quite work out that way. I didn't hand over £ notes for it, I traded in that Daytona TT I took in px against a car last week. I tried to sell the Daytona but with only the inevitable lowballers making offers, I took it my my local greyD and he gave more for it than I could get selling it myself (14k). I traded it for the Pepsi.
So in reality, I had a car I drove for a year and swapped it for a watch. The car I'd have sold for 11.5-12k. I took the watch as a swap and got 14k px value for it (im 2-2.5k up now) and I added 1.5 on top to get into the Pepsi. So really I have this costing a good bit less in my head. The logic being that If I wear this for X amount of time, I can sell out anytime and top it up to my grail, if I lose a grand no matter, its been fun and i'm a watch guy, if I gain that's cool too.
I was NEVER ever ever going to get one at rrp.. This way I get to enjoy a Pepsi while I'm saving for the holy grail. If it gets discontinued in this time that's even better.

Adding, there’s no way I’d take 15large and throw it at a new hot SS double retail. These inflated prices are hard to digest, however when approached from the angle of which I acquired this one - trading or px’ing your way in, it’s far easier to get involved and not feel that you’ve been had. On reflection, this is likely how many folk get in to these grey market watches.
It has also put me in the position that I can get my grail any day now once I’m over the honeymoon, I’d need to add my Sub on top and trade them both out.. but I’m there now if I can part with the SS sub (easier said than done, it has sentimental value). I’d rather save more cash and keep the Sub I think but my mind changes with the weather, I’m very spontaneous, I didn’t even plan to get a new watch until I saw this listed yesterday morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: GottaHave

mew

18/12/15
Germany
Took delivery from jtime just now (3 weeks after approving QC).

Overall it looks like a nice package, BUT mine has some pretty glaring QC issues: Badly misaligned crystal, pin fell out of the bracelet and the movement is in baaaad condition. I can literally scrape the dirt off of it and the rotor is grinding like a bitch. I'm taking care of the bracelet first, then might pop in a better crystal and ship it off to a modder for a revision.

Is there already a general consensus on the clone movement quality in terms of parts breaking during/after a service?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Is there already a general consensus on the clone movement quality in terms of parts breaking during/after a service?

These packages can take quite a beating in transit. The VR3185 is an excellent quality movement, THE gold standard for clone GMT movements. I've never had or heard of movement parts breaking in transit or during servicing. The rotor may have come a little loose.

There is a spring clip that locks the rotor in place. If I were trying to fix it, I would pull the spring click back, make sure the rotor is standing up straight and re-set the spring click forward. These clips can sometimes be slightly misaligned with the rotor shaft so rocking the rotor a tiny bit side to side can aid in the clip seating home properly. If this is beyond your skill level, let your watchmaker handle it during a service. If your movement is working well otherwise, it may only need this small adjustment right now.

Z02AdR.jpg

Z02HuS.jpg

Reactions: pirate949 and mew

mew

18/12/15
Germany
These packages can take quite a beating in transit. The VR3185 is an excellent quality movement, THE gold standard for clone GMT movements. I've never had or heard of movement parts breaking in transit or during servicing. The rotor may have come a little loose.

There is a spring clip that locks the rotor in place. If I were trying to fix it, I would pull the spring click back, make sure the rotor is standing up straight and re-set the spring click forward. These clips can sometimes be slightly misaligned with the rotor shaft so rocking the rotor a tiny bit side to side can aid in the clip seating home properly. If this is beyond your skill level, let your watchmaker handle it during a service. If your movement is working well otherwise, it may only need this small adjustment right now.

Z02AdR.jpg

Z02HuS.jpg

Wow, thank you KJ2020, you really are everywhere and always have the best insights - really appreciated! :) In that case, I'll drop it off to my rep friendly watchmaker and have him to a service (he is usually just concerned with parts breaking and not having access to them).

As a sidenote, the bezel get's stuck as well, but that's probably just some dirt stuck under it.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Wow, thank you KJ2020, you really are everywhere and always have the best insights - really appreciated! :) In that case, I'll drop it off to my rep friendly watchmaker and have him to a service (he is usually just concerned with parts breaking and not having access to them).

As a sidenote, the bezel get's stuck as well, but that's probably just some dirt stuck under it.

Many of the parts (most) are replaceable with a gen part or an aftermarket gen-spec part so it shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: mew