• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
What did u use for paint mod. Looks just like mine. Only no mod. Other than my Clark crystal.

Post 41

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...493838-kj2020-paint-mod?p=9788310#post9788310

ROF GMT with a Molotow flood fill. These markers are pretty good OOTB but I wanted to help hide the slight border joints, and make them a little brighter in low light.

ZuyBOX.jpg

Zuytjc.jpg

Zuy8vI.jpg

Zuy664.jpg

ZuYkZL.jpg

kevBquick

9/10/18
Post 41

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...493838-kj2020-paint-mod?p=9788310#post9788310

ROF GMT with a Molotow flood fill. These markers are pretty good OOTB but I wanted to help hide the slight border joints, and make them a little brighter in low light.

ZuyBOX.jpg

Zuytjc.jpg

Zuy8vI.jpg

Zuy664.jpg

ZuYkZL.jpg

well done brother! well done for sure. i was blessed to have no issues on my insert which i expressed to my TD when I asked for a replacement for my VRF insert that cracked. but when you have relationship.....that should be something you look out for your customers for. well done on yours....it fixed it right up.

Reactions: KJ2020

mytux

Known Member
13/2/20
Belgium, EU
I ordered 17th of December 2020, then I received a mail 2 weeks after saying it was in back order.
Then 1 week after saying that they always refused watches from factory because they always had issues.
Then factories were raided...
then China New year
and then finally QC pics :)

thanks !

looks like the delivery guy will bring my VRF Pepsi GMT Max today :D
I never had a so fast delivery in the past, it was REALLY fast this time, only 11 days (including weekends) since they shipped it

I'll share some pics later if I have time

lo1800

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/21
italy
wow, that painting mod is superb! i'm wearing mine stock lets say and i can see the difference just with your photos.... i woul love to be able to do i too
:)

jacobee

Renowned Member
4/6/15
the more i read the more i am confused, so does the noob still have fragile insert problem? and for the VRF insert engraving depth, it does have difference compared to noob,
and about the color on all the MK1/2/3 is all on personal preferences.

Reactions: GottaHave

bupeapoop

5/9/20
Lana from Jtime has finally confirmed that my VRF Pepsi is now on route. It took a little longer than I was originally hoping due to unexpected raids, but the main thing now is that it's on its way. To say I'm excited would be an understatement.

Do I need to be cautious of anything like changing the time/date? The last thing I want to do is ruin the date disk or anything like that. This is my first real rep so I'm looking to play it cautiously.

Thanks guys.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Just make sure you dont do it while its changing by itself. Its like when you would change the gesr in a car while not pressing pedal thru. To be safe:

change date only while hours hand is on the down side of the watch (between 3 and 9 a clock) then you are safe:)

btw thats also for GEN movements.

Edit:

I am also waiting for VRF Pepsi. Li/Lana told me to wait few more days (not weeks). so we are also in the same boat:)

Last edited:
Reactions: GottaHave

bupeapoop

5/9/20
Just make sure you dont do it while its changing by itself. Its like when you would change the gesr in a car while not pressing pedal thru.

Thanks for the info! Honestly.. I'm so damn pleased that I asked the question before recklessly going about changing the date and time!

I am also waiting for VRF Pepsi. Li/Lana told me to wait few more days (not weeks). so we are also in the same boat:)

You'll be pleased to hear Li/Lana are catching up on their backlog. They initially warned me that I could be waiting quite a while before they were able to dispatch my watch. Thankfully I received my tracking number only two days after that same warning.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
You'll be pleased to hear Li/Lana are catching up on their backlog. They initially warned me that I could be waiting quite a while before they were able to dispatch my watch. Thankfully I received my tracking number only two days after that same warning.

I am glad to hear that.

For your information if interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_593dwbtUO8

Reactions: leo6929

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
I’ve skimmed through most of the several of the posts here and couldn’t find a comment on the bezel action. I did see some members of the lovely Reddit community commenting that the bezel action is rather stiff. Curious if any of the owners of the VRF MAX can share their feedback on the quality of the bezel rotation. Is it similar to the ARF GMT’s (nice smooth click, Gen like feeling) or no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Reddit is Redditl

Submariner:
click, click, click, click

GMT Master:
Grind, click, grind, click

Lol I’m well aware of the difference in bezel action between a sub and a GMT. I’m asking because I own a ROF Pepsi which has stiff bezel movement and the ARF LN which has great bezel movement. Wanted to know if anyone could share their thoughts on VRF’s rotation compared to ARF/Gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09

Here is a picture from my VRF max received 2 days ago.
Sorry I see it was not so clean when I took the picture ;)

Looks amazing, I am guessing this is the best we have at the moment (over noob?)

Would you say the hump on "18" is noticeable in person? I never like to scrutinize over a blown up photo on the internet, but if I saw that in person it would bother me.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks amazing, I am guessing this is the best we have at the moment (over noob?)

Would you say the hump on "18" is noticeable in person? I never like to scrutinize over a blown up photo on the internet, but if I saw that in person it would bother me.

Yes you can see the join lines at 6 and 18 at the right angle in the right light. They are not as noticeable as they might appear to be in pics.

Post 801

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...5-new-vrf-pepsi-gmt-max?p=9829075#post9829075

mytux

Known Member
13/2/20
Belgium, EU

I would say it's not noticeable in person, but maybe it's due to my eyes (they are not the best to be honest).
I see it on close up shots, but when it's on the wrist, at around 1 meter from my eyes, I don't see them (even if I know there are bumps).

I have a noob insert and I'm still not certain I'll swap...