• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Funny that some people seem o think they are better people than the memers here at the day they have enough 50usd for buying a gen. Watches dont make people, people make people. If no girl wants to fuck you without gen rolex on wrist, a rolex wont change mate. Maybe get money together for a lambo son.

btt:

Here a copy pste from JTIME about CF Bezels (for subs):

First part, they have upgraded the green insert to V4 now.
From the Clean Factory told, they have added some precious metal component based on V3 insert while they were making this V4 insert, same as genuine insert component.
As a result, the color will be a slightly yellowish even closer to genuine insert.
Also, they have adjusted the engraved markers plating color as well, it wont look any pale any more but more sliver.

Based on what factory told, this version might be the ultimate version.

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
Thank you to all the responders. I agree that the $50 uplift pics do look better.

Never heard of CF before - I’m more an AP/PAM fan - everyday is a school day!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Cf has although good watches like the 116613LB but all of the cf cases have the wrong cgs. But bezel inserts are the best.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Thank you to all the responders. I agree that the $50 uplift pics do look better.

Never heard of CF before - I’m more an AP/PAM fan - everyday is a school day!

Maybe because until 2021 their name was "ZZF" but off the shit that they made lieing about the steel they use on V2 Submariners (316L, but declarated on 904L) they had to rename it /rebrand it.
Official statement is, CF bought ZZF. But who knows what happens over there:D

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Maybe because until 2021 their name was "ZZF" but off the shit that they made lieing about the steel they use on V2 Submariners (316L, but declarated on 904L) they had to rename it /rebrand it.
Official statement is, CF bought ZZF. But who knows what happens over there:D

Nah mate, you're completely wrong. Cf always been a standalone factory that produce parts, they for example produce the insert for the vsf 126xxx. They bought zzf but that's a different story.

SuperOcean95

Horology Curious
10/1/17
Sorry Newbie on Board.
I know this is something which is asked quite often, but i dont want to read the whole 73 pages
in a language which isn't my mother tongue.
Which problems has the GMT that its not making a place on the NWBIGs list?
Was reading something about time bomb movements and some problems in the color of the bezel.
Is it still worth it to buy Watches which aren't on the NWBIG List? Are there differences between the Batman / Pepis Reps?
Is one better than another and could you recommend me a Version which would be the best bet without modding it?
I know it sounds dumb but im not understanding everything in detail so its hard to go through all the pages.

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
Not all watches are on the new big list, and some newer reps are although superreps but the list is not up to date. And a superrep is not a gen watch, if your eyes are ruled you can spot a superrep.

The vrf gmt has a really stable movement. From other factory’s they use decorated movements which are not so good. But if you take one from vrf than you have one of the best gmt clones.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

alvedon

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/14
Would you say that the Noob still is the best 126710 BLRO rep (besides the movement)?
Is the VRF w CF bezel now on par with the Noob?
I had both the Noob and the ROF and the overall feeling was way better with Noob imho.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Would you say that the Noob still is the best 126710 BLRO rep (besides the movement)?
Is the VRF w CF bezel now on par with the Noob?
I had both the Noob and the ROF and the overall feeling was way better with Noob imho.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

ROF/VRF has replicated the gen MK1 and Noob is more like the MK3. You need to decide which color combo/contrast you like. Purely on build quality - ROF/VRF has great transitions but the number groves are too shallow and white. Noob transition is terrible but the digit grooves are deeper and paint color is better. All things considered...I was a Noob fanboy but like ROF better now (those colors pop better in sunlight, matter of personal preference)

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Having had a Noob (that I sold to srhoque) and now just getting a VRF today, I for one like the VRF more for several reasons. I think the insert is much, much better--closer to a Mk1 than Noob is to a Mk3, given how brown the Noob red is. But I also think the case is better. Noob cases just have such bad QC in terms of lug finishing, whereas it seems like this is not a major issue for VRF. The rehaut engraving is bad, but that's less noticeable to me on the wrist. And of course, the movement.

All that said, now with a great pepsi in hand, I'm realizing I just don't enjoy the 126710. Time to recommit to five-digits and get one of the new Vietnamese 16710 case sets!

Reactions: RiffRalf

bupeapoop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/9/20
So I pulled the trigger and ordered myself up the VRF Pepsi GMT from Jtime which I'm really looking forward to receiving.

Honestly though.. it was a real toss up between VRF and ROF. The ROF would have saved me a little money that could have been spent on another watch. What sold it was the added peace of mind with VRF being just so much popular and more widely reviewed. The rehaut isn't the greatest but I can live with that.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

mrgho06

10/3/21
Contacted Li last week, just GL this.
d9ea1a7e2219f97e69fe42d75d3eb662.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
ROF/VRF has replicated the gen MK1 and Noob is more like the MK3. You need to decide which color combo/contrast you like. Purely on build quality - ROF/VRF has great transitions but the number groves are too shallow and white. Noob transition is terrible but the digit grooves are deeper and paint color is better. All things considered...I was a Noob fanboy but like ROF better now (those colors pop better in sunlight, matter of personal preference)

Exactly as stated above. I prefer the brighter MK1 colors over the darker MK3 colors. In my opinion, ROF/VRF and even GMF are pretty spot on. I haven't seen ROF or Noob in person, but a friend of mine has the VRF and it's fantastic. I have the GMF with CHS and it looks fantastic as well. As I said, I prefer the vibrant MK1 colors, but many people prefer the darker MK3 colors. As you said, it's a matter of personal preference.

Reactions: GottaHave

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
My friend has the VRF Pepsi and I have the GMF Pepsi w/CHS.
Has anyone done a comparison of these two? If not, I can snap photos for everyone to see a side by side.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Sorry Newbie on Board.
I know this is something which is asked quite often, but i dont want to read the whole 73 pages
in a language which isn't my mother tongue..
Gotta do it! I lurked for three months and read every thread on the watch I wanted and I made an informed decision and bought a watch that I wore today!
you've been around for 4 years!
and look at it this way not only will you learn about your watch, your English will improve!

Which problems has the GMT that its not making a place on the NWBIGs list?

the nwbig watches are essentially indistinguishable from gen. The GMTs are very good and have improved a lot since the time that I have been a member but they still have flaws.

Was reading something about time bomb movements and some problems in the color of the bezel..

that's the noob. I think it is too brown and I dont like the transition and it is too expensive IMO. But more knowledgable members than me bought it and wear it

Is it still worth it to buy Watches which aren't on the NWBIG List? Are there differences between the Batman / Pepis Reps?
Is one better than another and could you recommend me a Version which would be the best bet without modding it?
I know it sounds dumb but im not understanding everything in detail so its hard to go through all the pages.

I am a BLNR fanboi so I bought a BLNR at the time with flaws and all. It was far from NWBIG. But it worked for me. I still wear it . With the advent of better reps I am going to upgrade to the ARF and slightly mod it.
I was never much of a pepsi fan but seeing the VRF max reps I may be tempted ....
Only you van decide where you draw your OCD line and you van only decide that from getting informed.

Reactions: Blutang777

Kang_salavtore

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Contacted Li last week, just GL this.
d9ea1a7e2219f97e69fe42d75d3eb662.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is great and so fast buddy, I have ordered it three week ago and rejected 2 of them already, one with bad insert and other one they told me there is a problem with the crown, each QC take almost 1 week to arrive...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrgho06

sebatian

20/6/15
My friend has the VRF Pepsi and I have the GMF Pepsi w/CHS.
Has anyone done a comparison of these two? If not, I can snap photos for everyone to see a side by side.

would be a great idea. look forward to the pics

Reactions: diamonds