• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
ZP2vL3.jpg

is that the vrf max??

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
are the noob inserts now better?
or do they still have the red/bleu line in the middle off the 8

Noob insert transition points are inconsistent. They are in the middle of the 8 plus or minus up to about 2mm.

macarone has one that is near perfect

Reactions: GottaHave

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 Thanks for your tutorial for the insert removal. Very informative indeed.
BTW, can the GMT insert on the ARF be removed in the same way?

The best way I have found to remove pressure fit inserts (ARF, ZZF, Noob V10 and above Subs) is to remove the bezel like always, then use a half width razor blade from an exacto knife to VERY CAREFULLY pry the insert from underneath to make it go above the bezel rim. Don't try to pop the insert above the rim all at once in one spot, rather lift it a little all the way around so the insert edge rides up onto the inside of the bezel rim. Eventually this continued lifting pressure on the insert will pop it above the rim. Keep working around until it's loose. These pressure fit inserts are crazy thin and will crack very easily.

Press the bezel back on first, reseat the insert support ring (if there is one), then press the insert back with a die that has a pearl cutout if applicable. If you are mixing and matching inserts and bezels, you can omit the insert support ring and use tape on a pressure fit bezel if necessary.

Be very gentle pressing the insert back into the bezel. Use a lever type crystal press not a screw type so the insert doesn't suffer any rotational force while being pressed in. Use only the tiniest amount of force possible to snap it home. Then heave a HUGE sigh of relief, haha!

ZPA6HY.jpg

Z1isMS.jpg

There is a significant thickness difference between some different inserts. You have to plan accordingly with how much tape you use or if insert shaving is necessary. A Noob GMT Pepsi insert won't fit in an ARF bezel without shaving it down for example.

You can also make some custom size dies to remove and replace pressure fit inserts

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-removal-guide

Last edited:

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Noob insert transition points are inconsistent. They are in the middle of the 8 plus or minus up to about 2mm.

macarone has one that is near perfect

Impressive knowledge once more. Do you know if the noob insert can be pressured fitted?

Last edited:
Reactions: big_polarbear

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
too bad they cant make it right like vrf

Tbh mate it’s negligible and not spotted on the wrist. The noob insert is decent, no speed bumps, nice engravings and darker colours closer to mk2/3 gen pepsi’s. I only sold
it as I preferred the lighter colours of the vrf and variations in different lighting.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Impressive knowledge once more. Do you know if the noob insert can be pressured fitted?

It's way too thick for that bro. It's possible it might be able to be wedged in to some bezels randomly and stay put but that's completely different from being pressure fitted.

Here's some pics comparing the Noob Pepsi insert thickness to the ARF LN. The bottom pic shows the Noob insert sanded thinner so it would fit in an ARF bezel.

pics credit Pelagic

ZP5vTo.jpg

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
So is there a reason to grab this over an rof? Seems to be the same watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: rabl253

Cooly27

Horology Curious
5/6/20
ROF only does the white gold pepsi/BLRO models, so the case will have rollmarks for gold.

Hello Mate, do you know which Jubilee bracelets ROF Pepsi or batman can take? I really want it with the jubilee bracelets, but it looks like there is no option for that. Thank you kindly.

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under

Still my favorite rep, wonder if I can use a marker on the insert engravings and tidy up those transition lines a bit.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
ZTJu6J.jpg

Still my favorite rep, wonder if I can use a marker on the insert engravings and tidy up those transition lines a bit.

You could try my new Molotow marker flooding technique (the MMFT, haha). You would need to do the whole insert though as it wouldn't match the other markers. Have a look here

KJ2020 Paint Mod

Speed bumps are hard to hide with any paint mod but join lines like yours can be made much less noticeable.

Last edited:

ihermann

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Hey guys.
I was looking to buy this one too (VRF MAX). But there are so many things to consider. The noobs up to V11 have the timebomb, others have crappy movements. I honestly don't which one to pick. This is worst than buying a house lol.
Anybody care to venture an opinion. Which is the current best gmt master II pepsi black face? The best maybe the wrong word. Which one would you buy for a specific reason and what is that reason?
I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: GottaHave

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Hey guys.
I was looking to buy this one too (VRF MAX). But there are so many things to consider. The noobs up to V11 have the timebomb, others have crappy movements. I honestly don't which one to pick. This is worst than buying a house lol.
Anybody care to venture an opinion. Which is the current best gmt master II pepsi black face? The best maybe the wrong word. Which one would you buy for a specific reason and what is that reason?
I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

people buy the noob for the insert. And pay a lot for a watch with a time bomb movement . But then again the time bomb doesn't always go off.
people buy this one for the better movmovement and the bright red insert. And a better price. Some buy this one and put the noob insert on it.
If it were me I would get this one. I like the brighter red. But I won't because I am more of a Batman dude. And just blew the watch budget on a Daytona. And a bluesy. Ok ok and an AT.

wolfiqar

6/6/20
United Kingdom
people buy the noob for the insert. And pay a lot for a watch with a time bomb movement . But then again the time bomb doesn't always go off.
people buy this one for the better movmovement and the bright red insert. And a better price. Some buy this one and put the noob insert on it.
If it were me I would get this one. I like the brighter red. But I won't because I am more of a Batman dude. And just blew the watch budget on a Daytona. And a bluesy. Ok ok and an AT.

As someone who loves the Batman, and cannot decide which one to get.. which one would you say is the most aesthetically pleasing and closest to gen? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
ihermann
I would suggest you to read thro the whole 46 pages of this thread. There are tons of info for you to consider what suits you best. Have fun and enjoy

shocktech102

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
6/11/20
I did that for 2020, going back more years is useless since new models come out. Don't you agree?

No, because they all have their flaws and deciding which flaws you’re okay with will decide which watch you should purchase. What’s I find as an acceptable flaw may not be to the next person.