New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by modernclassic View Post
    I need a Pepsi. I like a quality replica. Should this be getting bought or do you wait for Noob to put a decent movement in their BLRO?
    and charge you $750 for a movement upgrade. EFF THAT! I think i'll pull the trigger on this myself. Not fond of the bold date font and since I don't have the mod skills. I am a little hesitant.
    But more than likely...this is a buy within an hour of me debating in my head. I'm sure my keyless just needs to get fixed on mine...but its beyond my skill. I need to see crystal height of this.

and then for a VSF blueberry and I'll call it the year till after chinese new year.

Comment

I need a Pepsi. I like a quality replica. Should this be getting bought or do you wait for Noob to put a decent movement in their BLRO?
      I would wait for some QCs - more than one. VRF has a history of inconsistent insert samples. Their second batch of Batman inserts was atrocious - the blue went well up into the 8 in 18, and in one case even completely past it!

This new VRF Pepsi is still a two piece insert unlike the Noob and while its colors are arguably better, you can still see a join line at 6 like the GMF suffers from. Some GMF samples were pretty bad with how much the join line was visible. Others were OK, it's luck of the draw. People resorted to a paint mod to improve the appearance.

New VRF

GMF paint mod
      https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ezel-paint-mod
      We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
      GMT Movements Explained
      BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
      Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
      The Fantasy Watch Thread
      Noob GMT's poor bezel design
      Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

yeah i had to resort to the paint mod on my GMFv1 to bridge that gap only 1 side. my first reject had both sides issues. i think on my third i couldn't see it on red paint....it worked out fine in the end.
        noob has the only nice union between red and blue. however i'm not all that fond of the insert color. while we are aware of the mk1, mk2, and mk3. i believe it to be off. i do think its an impossible task if the hopes are that its as gen as possible. i don't think the colors will ever never ever be close enough. so I except that. i do happen to think the VR max is closer. my opinion. i know KJ has a noob. i've seen others. i love the union of blue and red on the insert....but color wise....its not my preference. then noob price for just an insert with time bomb movement. no thanks....and what wait till its corrected. I think VSF is also taking a shot at this....maybe ARF but I heard that last year. all seem to have union issues. this VR max is the same price as my GMF v1 with a 2836-2 .movement.

to me pricing is right with a clone movement. bezel is obviously key...there are QC issues. thing is i can post a good one....next person may not be so lucky. i will slow myself down and give it a moment. noob lately is overrated to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post

I would wait for some QCs - more than one. VRF has a history of inconsistent insert samples. Their second batch of Batman inserts was atrocious - the blue went well up into the 8 in 18, and in one case even completely past it!

This new VRF Pepsi is still a two piece insert unlike the Noob and while its colors are arguably better, you can still see a join line at 6 like the GMF suffers from. Some GMF samples were pretty bad with how much the join line was visible. Others were OK, it's luck of the draw. People resorted to a paint mod to improve the appearance.

New VRF

GMF paint mod
          https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ezel-paint-mod
          Good advice thanks.
          WTD: 116610LV Hulk genuine dial - PM me.

Comment

Hopefully that datewheel is just a one off, looks fine on their other watches with the same movement

Comment

Oh wait, now it's $508.
              https://puretimewatch.io/featured-pr...x-version.html

Comment

Originally posted by shigetty View Post
                I can't help but think that photos of the speedbumps we're all looking for are intentionally left out...

Comment

VRF has a new GMT with CF bezel, could it be that the Pepsi insert is also from CF?

Comment

I am searching some video of this new VRF Pepsi on YOUKU....but seems it is impossible, now, if u haven't an account.....somebody could confirm me this, and eventually post some video if they exsist?

Comment

Noob is just rubbish. Even though it is the best known available it's shit as the blue/red transfer is totaly wrong and doesnt match with none of the Gen MK I, II or III inserts. the transfer zone on the three gens is all the same and all other available is just wrong.

If the new VRF Max is better has to be seen when first QCs are ready...

Comment

Originally posted by shigetty View Post
                        haha very cheeky, it was $450usd a day or two ago. This watch must be getting a lot of attention, looking forward to QCs

Comment

Yup, can't fault them though. Still cheaper and yet better than noob.

Comment

Noob is just trash.

Happy that a better watch with a better movement is available for less, even if they did this 50$ magic trick here lmao
                            "What's the biggest tell in a rep?"

"You!"

Comment

puretime01 what’s with the bait and switch? I was going to order for $458 yesterday. Honor the price

Comment

Looks like I managed to get in before the price rise! It must be generating a lot of interest & I doubt it’s the factory that put the price up, be interesting what other TDs do.

Comment

Working...
                                X