New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dharma View Post

PLEASE CLEAN THIS GLASS, BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh....is not for you Scottymagic , it was for Substar, sorry ;-))

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post
      I don't see anything different besides the insert and the datewheel. The insert looks good, of course the QC will be the real test. Website pics can be deceiving. The colors are nice, arguably the red is nicer than any of the 3 gen versions depending on your preference. It doesn't have the deep cherry/burgundy hues of the MK 2/3, which is OK by me since factories haven't gotten that exactly right anyway. The blue is a good match to either MK 2/3.

It's curious why the DW is so bold since it's a VR3185 (properly engraved to 3285). The VR3185 has always had a near gen-like DW. Hope that's not a bad omen.

rockdaly bro you should edit your post to label your second pic as the previous model to make that clear to those who might not know better.
      Thanks bro, how do I edit the original post?

Comment

Originally posted by dharma View Post

oh....is not for you Scottymagic , it was for Substar, sorry ;-))
        Haha. That was when I picked it up when they first released and sold it an hour later for many pennies!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like the movement is VR3186 and just stamped 3285. would be nice getting some clarification on this though....

Comment

Originally posted by garyun View Post
            Looks like the movement is VR3186 and just stamped 3285. would be nice getting some clarification on this though....
            Isn't it the very same movement as the last VRF Pepsi? Only change is the insert?

Comment

Originally posted by rockdaly View Post

Isn't it the very same movement as the last VRF Pepsi? Only change is the insert?
              I'm sure it's a VR3185 from the pics.......

Comment

I don't see anything different besides the insert and the datewheel. The insert looks good, of course the QC will be the real test. Website pics can be deceiving. The colors are nice, arguably the red is nicer than any of the 3 gen versions depending on your preference. It doesn't have the deep cherry/burgundy hues of the MK 2/3, which is OK by me since factories haven't gotten that exactly right anyway. The blue is a good match to either MK 2/3.

It's curious why the DW is so bold since it's a VR3185 (properly engraved to 3285). The VR3185 has always had a near gen-like DW. Hope that's not a bad omen.

rockdaly bro you should edit your post to label your second pic as the previous model to make that clear to those who might not know better.
                KJ, if we are looking to drop in an OEM date wheel, would it be a direct swap with one from a 3185? (which i think is the same one from the 3135) Thanks in advance.
                Last edited by THXuk; 25-11-20, 17:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottymagic View Post

I'm sure it's a VR3185 from the pics.......
                  The old one had a vr3185 also. Only change is insert?

Comment

Any consensus regarding this so far? This version looks pretty tempting and i might get one soon!

Comment

No change to the movement BUT the one shown here has a much bolder datewheel font, first I've seen that on a VR3185.
                      We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
                      GMT Movements Explained
                      BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
                      Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
                      The Fantasy Watch Thread
                      Noob GMT's poor bezel design
                      Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Thanks bro, how do I edit the original post?
                        If you are using Crap-a-talk IDK, lol

On a PC or phone browser, there is an edit icon at the bottom right corner of the message box near the like icon.
                        GMT Movements Explained
                        The Fantasy Watch Thread
                        Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by THXuk View Post

KJ, if we are looking to drop in an OEM date wheel, would it be a direct swap with one from a 3185? (which i think is the same one from the 3135) Thanks in advance.
                          Yes the datewheel part number 3135-16200 is the same for

GMT Movements Explained
                          The Fantasy Watch Thread
                          Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Yes the datewheel part number 3135-16200 is the same for

Soooo.....we can pull the trigger ....and then swapping crystal and DW for a worthy franken pepsi finally...
                            Last edited by Neo_7; 25-11-20, 18:21.

Comment

Originally posted by garyun View Post
                              VRF GMTs have only ever had the VR3185 movement, including this new Pepsi release. It is the best true clone rep GMT movement available.

RWI calls the VR true clone GMT movement a VR3185 to differentiate it from the SH and SA3186 and because it is modeled after the gen 3185. It has key parts, primarily the GMT click spring (part 3185-660, proper name 'Module for jumping hours') that are modeled exactly from the 3185.

The SH/SA true clone GMT's are modeled after the gen 3186, which has several different parts and a different GMT click spring. The gen design was changed to eliminate the other hands from wobbling when hour jumping but the change resulted in a weaker spring that is more prone to breaking even on the gen.

Gen jumping hour click springs compared
                              Last edited by KJ2020; 25-11-20, 18:29.
                              GMT Movements Explained
                              The Fantasy Watch Thread
                              Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

I need a Pepsi. I like a quality replica. Should this be getting bought or do you wait for Noob to put a decent movement in their BLRO?
                                WTD: 116610LV Hulk genuine dial + TC 16610 Submariner
                                - PM me.

Comment

Working...
                                X