• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
GMF Pepsi does not have the same font or spacing issues as the GMF Batman insert. It's not a bad insert. But neither is the VRF, I was just pointing out the similarity in construction which leads to the visible joint lines. The VRF is OK but we really aren't there yet. Maybe ARF or CF will be better.

GMF - note that some slight variances of marker fill color are not discernible to the eye IRL. This is an example where the appearance in a pic is less appealing than the real thing. This happens when a paint mod is done. I would rather it be this way than the other way around.
16035732592087.jpg

Last edited:

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
I´m afraid to just pull the VRF trigger and some days or weeks later, ARF will launch their Pepsi effort... their Batman insert is the best blue/black GMT insert I´ve seen in 6+ years on the forum... and it happened to me that after I bought the ZZF V2 and ZZF V2S Hulk, I ended up getting the VSF Hulk which is a keeper. But I guess that is the game, lol :)

mightysigs

Horology Curious
24/6/19
Slightly off topic. But I came across the Pepsi meteorite from monochrome site and it looks like even the gen has that cyclops barrel distortion?

Rolex-GMT-Master-II-126719BLRO-White-Gold-Pepsi-Meteorite-review-2.jpg

Reactions: rockdaytona

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Still waiting for qc photos from PT.

In mean time I’ve found a watch maker who will replace the crystal for €30 if I supply the crystal. Sounds reasonable, right?

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
I´m afraid to just pull the VRF trigger and some days or weeks later, ARF will launch their Pepsi effort... their Batman insert is the best blue/black GMT insert I´ve seen in 6+ years on the forum... and it happened to me that after I bought the ZZF V2 and ZZF V2S Hulk, I ended up getting the VSF Hulk which is a keeper. But I guess that is the game, lol :)

Totally understand. Keep in mind there is always “something”. Curious what kind of movement ARF will come up with

Reactions: leo6929

DkHelmet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/20
Southeast PA, US
I'm jumping on this rather than waiting any longer. I'll post some QC once I approve. Or, more likely, when I'm baffled at something I can't explain.

Reactions: leo6929

kevBquick

9/10/18
ordered a few days ago myself. i'm awaiting my QC. i have a GMF pepsi as well for donor parts. bezel. etc.
also ordered a clark crystal for this to do day one. I will practice on my GMF for crystal swap...lining it up.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06

ain't that a bitch, eh? happens to me every damn time as well. LOL

i love this hobby...

Reactions: KJ2020 and leo6929

mightysigs

Horology Curious
24/6/19
ZItQwJ.jpg

ZItlcP.jpg

Approved QC. Waiting for shipping details.

Nice. Tempted to pull the trigger as well.

I am just curious though that while it is correct that the 18 transition should be just right before the holes in the 8, the reps doesn't seem to align with the 45 minute mark? The 6 transition looks correct as it is aligned with the 15 minute mark.

Here is a gen for reference.

Rolex-GMT-Master-II-Pepsi-white-gold-116719BLRO-Baselworld-2014-3.jpg

natasjames

22/10/12
Nice. Tempted to pull the trigger as well.

I am just curious though that while it is correct that the 18 transition should be just right before the holes in the 8, the reps doesn't seem to align with the 45 minute mark? The 6 transition looks correct as it is aligned with the 15 minute mark.

Here is a gen for reference.

Rolex-GMT-Master-II-Pepsi-white-gold-116719BLRO-Baselworld-2014-3.jpg

Dun bother me much..... I have learnt in rep world, there is no perfect rep watch. Depending on your tolerance level. Some will even magnify the watch 100x to comment on the flaw. There will never be a 1 to 1 perfect watch. Factories will prefer to churn out so called improve versions to make money :D

U can wait for v2, v3... v10 :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Exklusive

kevBquick

9/10/18
As they say. If you want for the perfect rep. You will always be waiting. I’ll Clark crystal this or pull from my gmf to keep LEC. But mostly likely Clark due to his ar cyclops.

Slowlex

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/7/13
I need this. Anyone know if any of the TDs accept PayPal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I need this. Anyone know if any of the TDs accept PayPal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Several of them do, you have to ask. Some have requirements like forum longevity and post count. You should qualify.

Reactions: Slowlex

StJin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/19
FR/USA
Ha! From this angle, on the gen, the transition line in the insert does not line up with the 9 o'clock marker. I only mention this because this was a quibble someone else mentioned regarding VRF's flaws.

Plus ça change...

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
Colours look good, its just the fade at 6 and 18 which needs improving smh