• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Colors look great

I have to admit that I didn't like any QC pics as the colours didn't look good but on this video it does look quite good. looking forward to seeing real life pics! :)

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
The cyclops issue the bad distortion at the slightest angle off from a dead center view. It doesn't take great expense to achieve a distortion free cyclops. A Clark's crystal with AR cyclops is $34. You can't make one of those display distortion no matter what angle you view it from. Almost $500 (with shipping and fees) for a rep and you get this flaw, seriously?

You are 100% right, there is no justification for it.

Well said.

It's crazy how if I say the same random people start saying that i'm obsessed by it lmao.

Keep on the great work brother, let's win this war ahahahah

Reactions: KJ2020

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Feel like I should RL, transition lines seem more off than other QCs?

V5eQPd.jpg

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Colors look amazing in that lighting wow. Transition is a bit more off compared to most we've seen but the rest of the watch looks great

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17

I can't be sure but my feeling is that the transition line is more or less the same on every watch, but the angle at which the pic is taken as well as the light may hide it in some cases. Here with strong light coming from the top, it's the worst setup

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under

Here was mine as a comparison, I agree the lighting can hide it but in his case that transition is definitely a bit lower, it's barely connecting inside the left of 8 too, possibly higher into the 6 too.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
ARF managed to hide the speedbump almost completely in their batman, there is NO excuse for the other factories now, they better start doing it right

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12

V5eQPd.jpg

I would RL because it seems there is a small but noticeable ding in the bezel between the 1 and 8 of the 18. Not a big deal at all, but new should be new... and who knows if the impact that left it did anything problematic to the movement.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
So what's the deal here, good release but the speed bump is noticeable, and the cyclops is shitty?

I'm assuming the ARF Batman is higher quality than this VRF MAX, and it's worth waiting for ARF to make their Pepsi?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

V5eQPd.jpg

I wouldn't RL for just that. It's very close and much better too low than too high.

ZI2VQs.jpg

Almost all Noobs are visibly too high and after wearing it a while its something I don't even think about anymore. The insert colors are a much bigger tell at a much greater distance so you can't get one near a gen anyway. You have to decide what you'll be happy with but that sample looks good enough to me.

16073193154161.jpg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I would RL because it seems there is a small but noticeable ding in the bezel between the 1 and 8 of the 18. Not a big deal at all, but new should be new... and who knows if the impact that left it did anything problematic to the movement.

I'm sure that's just some lint bro but it wouldn't hurt to ask for it to be brushed away.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This is orrible for me!!!
ZILH7p.jpg

Agree bro but that's a batch issue, accept it or pick another watch. That's why I said it looks a lot like the GMF insert. At least there's not a white glue line!

With some careful painting that can be improved a lot.

6lLLs.jpg

6QlAY.jpg

NBMmY.jpg

Last edited:

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
GMF font and spacing is still horrible imo. This insert is so much better and under certain lighting I think it will be the best for photos