• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

Nokia8800

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/10/20
I knew this but there are resellers who have stocks and others who are waiting to receive supply

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I knew this but there are resellers who have stocks and others who are waiting to receive supply

No, they don't carry stock, they only purchase the watch when you buy it from them
Thats the 3rd time today that I'm telling you to do your homework. Start with the newbie section and read. This forum is not meant to answer the same basic questions to all new members over and over again
​​​​​

Reactions: Pietros

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K

How are members supposed to know which stock levels every TD has or will be receiving. Put your big boy pants on and make a little bit of effort at least and reach out to some TD’s instead of expecting to be spoon fed the most basic information you obviously can’t be bothered reading.

Reactions: Pietros

Nokia8800

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/10/20
No, they don't carry stock, they only purchase the watch when you buy it from them
Thats the 3rd time today that I'm telling you to do your homework. Start with the newbie section and read. This forum is not meant to answer the same basic questions to all new members over and over again
​​​​​

you're right, i didn't read everything because i was too excited to buy this watch, i hope i didn't hurt anyone, if i hurt i apologize to everyone

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I must've missed it, but what flaw are you referring to? AR?

Thanks!

The cyclops issue the bad distortion at the slightest angle off from a dead center view. It doesn't take great expense to achieve a distortion free cyclops. A Clark's crystal with AR cyclops is $34. You can't make one of those display distortion no matter what angle you view it from. Almost $500 (with shipping and fees) for a rep and you get this flaw, seriously?

ZmGExn.jpg

ZmGRW3.jpg

ZmGvI2.jpg

ZmG7XE.jpg

ZmGfQs.jpg

ZmGFfY.jpg

Last edited:

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Mag level is too low for one thing, VRF gets this wrong a lot. But the bigger issue is the bad distortion at the slightest angle off from a dead center view. It doesn't take great expense to achieve a distortion free cyclops. A Ckark's crystal with AR cyclops is $34. You can't make one of those display distortion no matter what angle you view it from. Almost $500 (with shipping and fees) for a rep and you get this flaw, seriously?

Absolutely spot on as usual big bro KJ. Loads to learn from these notes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Mag level actually looks OK next to gen. Really a moot point as the distortion is too great to make using the stock crystal a viable option.

ZqIuP5.jpg

ZqqFVK.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA

Redheart

17/5/19
At least when you are concentrate to see the distortion flaw in the Cyclops, you completely obliterate the other flaws like the bump in the 6 and 8! :)

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Waiting for Qc Pics and asked for ones with various cyclops angles.

I know this hobby of ours centers around ‘can you live with flaw y, z etc’ and this might be a showstopper for me for this watch

Will post some once received, taking the forum rules into account

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Waiting for Qc Pics and asked for ones with various cyclops angles.

I know this hobby of ours centers around ‘can you live with flaw y, z etc’ and this might be a showstopper for me for this watch

Will post some once received, taking the forum rules into account

Consider a clarks crystal or profs as a relatively cheap alternative if you don't like it.

Reactions: rabl253

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Consider a clarks crystal or profs as a relatively cheap alternative if you don't like it.

Thanks. I have found a crystal, is this the one that would fit? How does it compare to crystals from (suppliers for) AR, noob, zf etc?

The other thing is needing a watchmaker to replace it, I do not have proper tools for it
f98bf2fc97fd55012a5812887f07a5f9.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive
It is very hard to see quality in a pic from EBay, mate....but should not be worse of stock one