• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF 116610LN disappointed

Metsu

Horology Curious
12/11/20
Hi guys

Received the watch a few days ago and decided to post the issue here for discussion.

the craft is a disappointment :

watch casing : the circled area is very pointy and sharp, it actually hurts when I press my finger on it.

Bazel and crown finishing are poor, very sharp edges, my finger hurts when I tried to loosen the crown to adjust the watch, end up I need to use a cloth to cover it to loosen it.

same issue goes to the bracelet too.

rate 2/10 for this watch. so guys buying from this factory might want to look out for those issues.

Navigator H4

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/5/20
I had the same experience with a Zzf v2s.
I really can't understand the hype about this watch.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Fun fact: other users are complaining how rep factories "can't make nice sharp edges" on their cases for certain models.

"No pleasing some people."
"That's what Jesus said."

Metsu

Horology Curious
12/11/20
well, the ZZF replied saying that it's "normal" to have those sharp edges, and they didn't receive any complains before... so unless you are looking for a sub with sharp edges, if not, skip ZZF.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
There's a simple way to smooth off all the sharp edges on your watch. Get one of these and stick the watch in it for half an hour:

81E67%2Bjis9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
well, the ZZF replied saying that it's "normal" to have those sharp edges, and they didn't receive any complains before... so unless you are looking for a sub with sharp edges, if not, skip ZZF.

Or perhaps some edges are just supposed to be sharper? You know, like the crown and bezel, because you might need to grip them? :confused:

Neil McCauley

Certified
19/10/20
Germany
Hi guys

Received the watch a few days ago and decided to post the issue here for discussion.

the craft is a disappointment :

watch casing : the circled area is very pointy and sharp, it actually hurts when I press my finger on it.

Bazel and crown finishing are poor, very sharp edges, my finger hurts when I tried to loosen the crown to adjust the watch, end up I need to use a cloth to cover it to loosen it.

same issue goes to the bracelet too.

rate 2/10 for this watch. so guys buying from this factory might want to look out for those issues.

I had ARF, Noob till now and all of them were sharp. I think to sharp them cost too much for the factory because I’m this time the worker can built a new watch instead of brushing one.

A Watch Smith brush it gen-like so this is for me the first way when I buy a Rollie Rep to eliminate that pain in some moments you wear it.

I think we have to live with that sharp edges, when it’s brushed it goes another big step to be gen like more important for me as modding hour hands or smaller parts.

A lot of guys who want to check your watch feel it because they know about sharp edges on Reps, so they will wonder if this feels smooth :D

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Navigator H4

16/5/20
Full agreement. This is really crazy what some people are doing here. They give a lot of money for Gen parts but the watch stays sharp. You don't even have to look at the watch, you just pick it up and feel that it is a Rep.

SuperBatman

24/9/20
well if it's any consolation, i have a couple of ARF replicas and some of the edges of their cases can be sharp too. but that doesn't mean that they are trash and that didn't take away from my enjoyment of these watches. I think you may have to adjust your expectations a bit or compare with more replicas to understand what is acceptable.

ABC123

22/8/07
USA
Is this a troll post? OP the lug ends are just as pointy on a gen.
Do you have sensitive finger tips?