• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

THE ZZF V3 ROLEX SUBMARINER 116610LV HULK REVIEW

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
well its that time again i know its a bit late had difficulty getting the watch until recently,thanks li top guy and good pal as always.ive also got the vsf hulk but im going to do the review separately i think,i did a brief review of the ln vsf you can check that out in the ln thread.

anyway let get this started with a few intro pics of the general watch and get a feel for the quality.

Screenshot-20201123-103349-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201123-103316-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201123-103249-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201123-103241-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201123-103221-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201123-103400-Gallery.jpg

so the first thing that jumped at me was that beautiful green ceramic insert and green gold dial so the r factory call it.the colour is vivid and juicy as hell i love the cf factory insert they have improved the pearl colour because this pearl does not have that brown tinge to it like the v2 and v2s had,the. pearl housing it always off and not the same as gen,the gen pearls are not really filled to the extreme inside edge of the pearl housing wall and the reps are that makes a big difference.but on wrist this is impossible to notice.

the platinum dlc numbers look good and comparable to gen with naked eye,but under macro you can see the rough textures,made up of angled lines

Screenshot-20201123-105743-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201123-104033-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201123-103338-Gallery.jpg

moving round the watch to the bezel assembly teeth look and feel ,click sound and feel its not as good as i hoped for alignment is pretty good but
the teeth or scallops themselves are average at best not the best looking .the feel is solid and the sound its deeper than gen.i personally dont like how the zzf v3 bezel action feels its quite a bit tighter than the gen bezel.but its not horrible by any means,this is not a zzf vs vsf but im gonna have to mention if you get a vsf with a good bezel it feel and sound the same as gen.only 1 of my vsf bezels felt perfect though and that was the ln version i had.

here is a pic of the bezel teeth from the side .you also get to see the xtal height in this pic look decent

20201123-104927.jpg

next we should take a look at the xtal and the dw the xtal on the zzf is average and no different to rep xtals of the past.and the zzf xtal ar coating cant compete with the vsf .ive not owned the zf so wont comment on the ar quality of that until i get my hands on one.
the lec is good and pretty much identical to gen,

20201123-105352.jpg

Screenshot-20201123-104449-Gallery.jpg

tbf the dw is actually not too bad its centred and the font looks good and not too fat or too skinny.white background is clean

the hands of the watch are not arf level but there pretty standard really not terrible not amazing
lume application looks evenly applied

Screenshot-20201123-105121-Gallery.jpg

ok guys now swiftly moving onto the dial the green gold dial i have a feeling cf have made the white gold or should i say steel marker surrounds a bit thicker than what we saw on the zzf v2 and v2s
the surrounds just look a little less refined now,but still best in class,lume appication is top notch even and good colour,the markers look pretty well aligned.the 9 oclock marker on the vsf hulk subs mostly have that marker up too high

the dial printing and font is just amazing really,perfect layout to a new gen.the dial can handle and display black and green at the same time.the green shade has not changed since the zzf v2 i reviewd before,and the only real issue with the dial is the obvious laser beamstripe you get through the dial,this is somthing you see on nearly all rep hulk dials this should be toned down a bit

Screenshot-20201123-124626-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201123-124855-Gallery.jpg

lets take a look at the winding crown for the 3135 movement,the crown threads are smooth winding and setting the movement feels good not the same as gen winding but similar
the logo on the crown spot on pretty much cant complain about that.the crown fins or teeth are sharp and grippy just like it should be

Screenshot-20201123-113049-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201123-104307-Gallery.jpg

case back is the usual closed plain back just like gen nothing to see here so we will move onto the case the main part of the watch for me,ill start with the finishing its really nicely done has that wonderful bright white 904 steel look ,the brushing is perfect to my eye .the tops of the lugs are brushed and the flanks and side are mirror polished and i cant say a bad word about that,really well executed by the zzf guys.

the shape of the case however is a big disappointment for me personally,i know most people wont see these differences,but once you really know what your looking for the shape and angle of crown guards and lugs become instantly apparent.and this is where the zzf v3 needs alot of work.the rehaut engraving is best in class and better than zf or vsf or vrf not perfectly aligned though but 99 percent of gens aint either

Screenshot-20201123-103330-Gallery.jpg

the cg are just way too sloped down almost to an arrow head shape and are a pretty big flaw considering this is v3 now and other new factorys can get the cg much closer to gen ,like vsf and zf
the lugs again need alot of work to be consistent around the entire watch,for instance most v3 subs have 1 or 2 nicely angled and tapered lugs and 2 square lugs this is down to the hand polish imo my example is not too bad but the lug tips need to be more angled almost 45 degrees with a nice curve,again this is not zzf vs vsf or zf or the new vrf but they all have the lugs correct now,
zzf have no excuse to keep getting the lugs and cg so wrong anymore.

Screenshot-20201123-103228-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201123-103301-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201123-103307-Gallery.jpg

here is the inner lug wall engravings not really like gen because gen is deeply engraved these are lasered .but saying that ive not had a 2017 or newer gen 116610 and removed the bracelet

Screenshot-20201123-103558-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201123-103604-Gallery.jpg

so as we draw near to the end of the review lets take a look at the sel ,the v3 is using the super high quality new bracelets and clasp from arf and i can say the quality is very nice smooth and solid
nice hard click when closing and opening the clasp and the glidelock moves like gen well mine does anyway.brushing is amazing and integrates with the lug brushing perfectly

20201123-104554.jpg

20201123-104605.jpg

20201123-104614.jpg

20201123-104635.jpg

the sel is flawless rock solid no play in any direction perfectly recessed on all 4 sides evenly

here is the brushing held into the light its great

20201123-104756.jpg

20201123-104803.jpg

the inner blade of the glidelock is polished and looks ok noting mind blowing the font is not identical to gen but ive not seen a rep get the inner blade font perfect yet

Screenshot-20201123-113206-Gallery.jpg

so i think that pretty much it guys for the zzf factory v3 hulk with 3135
my final thought and verdict is the highlights are the dial and insert are lovely ,the bracelet and clasp and sel is really nice.infact its a great package otb but the only let down for me is the cg they are more noticeable than the inconstant lugs.its a great watch and when they fix the cg and lugs its going to be a top contender like it was when the v2 came out
anyway ill be back with the vsf hulk review soon as i can ,and would like a zf hulk as well take it easy guys

PEACE OUT

​​​​​​
Ps forgot to mention the lume it's really good here is a lume shot

Last edited:

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
well its that time again i know its a bit late had difficulty getting the watch until recently,thanks li top guy and good pal as always.ive also got the vsf hulk but im going to do the review separately i think,i did a brief review of the ln vsf you can check that out in the ln thread.

anyway let get this started with a few intro pics of the general watch and get a feel for the quality.

PEACE OUT

Ps forgot to mention the lume it's really good here is a lume shot

Well that was awesome. Thank you.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Fantastic Review. Very well done. Thank you!

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Nice one chap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I compared my V3 to the V2s, and the dial was definitely not the same color, the V3 also seamed muted in the sunburst effect.

I'm surprised you like the brushing, imo it's not like gen, its to shiny and lacks the satin effect of the gen. (its easily corrected tho :))

Other then that, spot on :)

Brushing example: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...h-gen-116610ln

I have 2 gen subs c the brushing is the same for very close .maybe you got a poor brushed example mate.shit happens if the person brushing your watch was having a bad day:)

As for the dial my v2 dial is identical to my v3 .I've never had a v2s so wont comment on that

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I have 2 gen subs c the brushing is the same for very close .maybe you got a poor brushed example mate.shit happens if the person brushing your watch was having a bad day:)

I have gen subs as well, and the last 4 ZZFs i've had my hands on, had the same problem, too shiny brushing, and not a satin effect what so ever. Seems like my brush guy not only had a bad day, but a bad year :)

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I have gen subs as well, and the last 4 ZZFs i've had my hands on, had the same problem, too shiny brushing, and not a satin effect what so ever. Seems like my brush guy not only had a bad day, but a bad year :)

Defo lol

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I compared my V3 to the V2s, and the dial was definitely not the same color, the V3 also seamed muted in the sunburst effect.

I'm surprised you like the brushing, imo it's not like gen, its to shiny and lacks the satin effect of the gen. (its easily corrected tho :))

Other then that, spot on :)

Brushing example: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...v3-116610lv-hulk-comparison-with-gen-116610ln

Here is one of those poorly brushed zzf v3 subs this one looks like it was brushed by stevie wonder using sand paper

CJS57

7/9/20
Nice review, thanks! On my ZZFV3 Hulk the lume and dial printing color and the pearl were all just a bit duller and a little bit lifeless compared to my gen. Not a huge difference but it is noticeable on side by side.

Last edited:

SuperBatman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/9/20
vaperone thanks for the awesome review, buddy!

I just ordered a ZZF V3 hulk from Li recently. Can't wait to receive it!