• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Spotted zzf hulk on rolex group - Facebook

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
A man was stabbed to death for his SS Rolex date only President recently, just down the road from me. One of the perpetrators was just sentenced to life in prison for it.

This is so f#cking sad and tragic. Really feel for his loved ones.

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
The guy in Greenwich who was with his Mrs?

The issue with that is you’ll still Bring the same unwanted attention and Treatment wearing the reps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes exactly, the Greenwich incident.

You’re also right about the conundrum of still attracting the same unwanted attention with reps. My point is more a case of in the event of being mugged (yet hopefully not harmed), you’re only losing a $500 rep.

Reactions: stufuse

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
The guy in Greenwich who was with his Mrs?

The issue with that is you’ll still Bring the same unwanted attention and Treatment wearing the reps

Yeah that was pretty messed up. Just down the road from me as well. I had actually taken my daughter to Greenwich Park that day wearing a Sea Dweller.

I agree that you’re just as much of a mark wearing a fake as you are wearing a gen. OK, so you’ll hand it over quicker, but that isn’t going to guarantee you wont get cut.

Reactions: Grfranco

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Yeah that was pretty messed up. Just down the road from me as well. I had actually taken my daughter to Greenwich Park that day wearing a Sea Dweller.

I agree that you’re just as much of a mark wearing a fake as you are wearing a gen. OK, so you’ll hand it over quicker, but that isn’t going to guarantee you wont get cut.

Yep especially with how good these high end reps look.

There’s no guarantees at all, you can comply and still cop it as we seen in other cases.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Mate this is wrong
Before buy my zzf i personally looked at photos of 70 random watches for sale on chrono24,
and 10 of its, had the serial number not centered...i saved one photo of that tens watches...

There will always be exceptions bro, like gen rehaut crowns not being centered or hands having lume overspill, or GMT hands with colored paint on the silver triangle, etc. Rolex QC is often quite lacking, and is quite unacceptable given their premium reputation and prices. Look at the insert fit to the bezel on this brand new $40K 126619LB

10-08-20203488.jpg

And there are plenty of reps that make it onto Chonro24 too, so that may account for some of those few you have seen.

The positioning of the serial on the ZZF rep in question here is only one of its three tells.

This serial look familiar?
16058285763031.jpg

Last edited:

Subdued

20/11/19
Indeed. Part of the catalyst as to why I only wear reps now in public in the UK, unless it’s an environment I know I won’t be outside. A man was stabbed to death for his SS Rolex date only President recently, just down the road from me. One of the perpetrators was just sentenced to life in prison for it.

UK declining because of their "progressive" multiculturalism? In Japan where 99% on population are Japanese even bellboys wear Rolex and they dont die wearing it. Sad UK.

AlphaProt

Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
Indeed. Part of the catalyst as to why I only wear reps now in public in the UK, unless it’s an environment I know I won’t be outside. A man was stabbed to death for his SS Rolex date only President recently, just down the road from me. One of the perpetrators was just sentenced to life in prison for it.

fuck me sideways. I hope it wasn't a rep too.
shit man I feel sorry for that guy.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
The reason why there is no much paranoia on this community about minor flaws and being “called out” from across the room is probably because most members have acted like or said “it’s gen” at some point.

If he wants to flex his rep in front of his mates on social media then whatever. As long as he doesn’t rock up to an AD or gen forum and do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
fuck me sideways. I hope it wasn't a rep too.
shit man I feel sorry for that guy.

No it was legit, and he wasn’t giving it up.

Seems to be an increasing trend. As that case was heard and the perpetrator sentenced, another was reported where A guy was followed he fell was beaten for his submariner,
broken jaw and bleed on the Brain.

Some lovely people about

AlphaProt

Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
No it was legit, and he wasn’t giving it up.

Seems to be an increasing trend. As that case was heard and the perpetrator sentenced, another was reported where A guy was followed he fell was beaten for his submariner,
broken jaw and bleed on the Brain.

Some lovely people about

Honestly if it was me in that situation. I'll never fight for my belongings, rep or gen. Those are replaceable. I'll only put up a fight for my loved ones. No amount of money in the world would replace that.

Reactions: stufuse

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Honestly if it was me in that situation. I'll never fight for my belongings, rep or gen. Those are replaceable. I'll only put up a fight for my loved ones. No amount of money in the world would replace that.

Me too 100%. But in the heat of the moment its hard to make the right call - fight or flight - it's usually instinctual. This guy didn't put up a fight - he bolted, was chased down and killed. Shot while running away as I recall. The gang that killed him were amped and ready for murder that night. Whole situation is messed up.

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Me too 100%. But in the heat of the moment its hard to make the right call - fight or flight - it's usually instinctual. This guy didn't put up a fight - he bolted, was chased down and killed. Shot while running away as I recall. The gang that killed him were amped and ready for murder that night. Whole situation is messed up.

The moped rider fired four shots in his direction, only one of
them grazed him if I remember correctly. You’re right though, it wasn’t about the mugging or the watch, as the sadistic animals took it in turns to stab him to death cornered in a stair well.

It’s unfathomable that this sort of thing still goes on in modern Britain.

ABC123

22/8/07
USA
The moped rider fired four shots in his direction, only one of
them grazed him if I remember correctly. You’re right though, it wasn’t about the mugging or the watch, as the sadistic animals took it in turns to stab him to death cornered in a stair well.

It’s unfathomable that this sort of thing still goes on in modern Britain.

UK now needs to ban knives along with all pointy instruments...

Do you think rep factories take pride in ownership and thus do the thing ZZF is doing with fixed serial numbers for the first 1, 2, 3 digits? Feels like it's purposely done. They're already randomizing the rest of the digits so why not randomize the whole sequence?

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
UK now needs to ban knives along with all pointy instruments...

?

Maybe so. But unfortunately a lot of major world cities are the same.

Compared to say many USA major cities, London is relatively tame statistically speaking when it comes to knife/gun/violent crime figures per population.

For example, Not sure where I would rather take my chances wearing a gold sub; rough NEW York, LA, New Orleans, Paris neighbourhoods or London.

On the plus side the weather here in the U.K. is hardly ever warm or dry enough to be walking around with a short sleeve t-shirt with watch on full show. Most of time time, my watch is always under a cuff when I’m out and about in the U.K. weather. But I suppose no ones ever immune from a good mugging lol.

Reactions: KJ2020

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Being originally from Paris, trust me it's not the place you want to be flexing a goldie as well. Sadly the "most romantic city in the world" turned into a very not so romantic "watch your back" zone...

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Really sad what's happening in our world these days. At least we can sport our collections to each other here safely. Grateful we have that at least.

Reactions: mech500 and stufuse