• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Spotted zzf hulk on rolex group - Facebook

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
I know someone who have genuine ones In Safe at the Bank and good fakes at home, if someone breaks into your house because you show what you got you lost 500 dollars instead of 25.000 :D

Simple trick and the insurance pays the rest. It happened twice to him on his house on Ibiza, Spain where they break in and steal the nice Reps and he laughed because he lost only 3 thousand instead of 60-70 :D

I would like to see the faces of the housebrakers when they go to the next black market dealer and realise they break in for nothing :D

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

That’s dumb! Most gen owners buy from AD at retail. Let them steal the gen so insurance would pay you double anyhow!! I’m not one to keep shit in a safe, wear and enjoy everything I buy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil McCauley

Certified
19/10/20
Germany
That’s dumb! Most gen owners buy from AD at retail. Let them steal the gen so insurance would pay you double anyhow!! I’m not one to keep shit in a safe, wear and enjoy everything I buy!

I don’t think that insurance will pay the prices you get now on the market it’s the same with every insurance problem that they pay prices under the market worth.

If you buy a watch 5 years before for example for 11.000 and now on the free market you get 25.000 the insurance will never pay the market price so you lost or you go to the court and spend two years and thousand headaches later more money for your attorney than you get at the end.

However in my opinion good objects and watches for earning money because they are rare is good to keep it safe.

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
I don’t think that insurance will pay the prices you get now on the market it’s the same with every insurance problem that they pay prices under the market worth.

If you buy a watch 5 years before for example for 11.000 and now on the free market you get 25.000 the insurance will never pay the market price so you lost or you go to the court and spend two years and thousand headaches later more money for your attorney than you get at the end.

However in my opinion good objects and watches for earning money because they are rare is good to keep it safe.

You can insure it for replacement value regardless of your actual cost, appraisal will confirm value and a premium will be increased to cover.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
The ar on cyclops, rehaut:)

Can you please elaborate? I can't see anything obvious with the AR or cyclops.

I would have picked this for a gen, so would be helpful to know exactly what the issues are so that I know what to look for in future.

I always buy the seller, not the watch, but that's no guarantee.

CRANO

Horology Curious
14/4/19

I would have picked this for a gen, so would be helpful to know exactly what the issues are so that I know what to look for in future.

Yeah, and you called the REP factory - can you differentiate ZZF's AR vs another factory? Wow! It's like Babe Ruth calling where he's going to put his home run.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Yeah, and you called the REP factory - can you differentiate ZZF's AR vs another factory? Wow! It's like Babe Ruth calling where he's going to put his home run.

I've asked diamant a legitimate question -- they highlightred the AR and cyclops as tells that this watch is ZZF / not genuine. It's more that I'd like to know how they can tell the AR / cyclops and rehaut aren't gen.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The serial number on the rehaut of this watch ID's it as a ZZF. First, gen serial numbers are evenly spaced and centered between the minute tic marks. Second, ZZF serials all begin X 7 L 2, or Y 7 L 2, followed by 4 random characters. ZZF changed the first X to a Y after many complaints about the "double X" due to it being next to the trailing X in R O L E X. Third, ZZF has a unique extra spacing between the L and the 2. There is no question as to the origin of this watch, it is a ZZF, most likely a very late batch V2S as those had the Y serial along with the dial X flaw corrected (not related to the serial number). It could also be a V3 but there are not a lot of those in buyers hands yet.

That this was posted on a gen forum is grounds for it being called out in any way someone wants, IMO.

ZiXLWI.jpg

Last edited:

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
The serial number on the rehaut of this watch ID's it as a ZZF. First, gen serial numbers are evenly spaced and centered between the minute tic marks. Second, ZZF serials all begin X 7 L 2, or Y 7 L 2, followed by 4 random characters. ZZF changed the first X to a Y after many complaints about the "double X" due to it being next to the trailing X in R O L E X. Third, ZZF has a unique extra spacing between the L and the 2. There is no question as to the origin of this watch, it is a ZZF, most likely a very late batch V2S as those had the Y serial along with the dial X flaw corrected (not related to the serial number). It could also be a V3 but there are not a lot of those in buyers hands yet.

That this was posted on a gen forum is grounds for it being called out in any way someone wants, IMO.

Appreciate you taking the time to provide that information. Really helpful and I've learned something new today. :thanks:

Reactions: BOSSK and KJ2020

stufuse

22/10/17
UK

Crown guards also

Reactions: saucin and SS72

FrankenLover

Known Member
24/12/18
Copenhagen, Denmark
I know someone who have genuine ones In Safe at the Bank and good fakes at home, if someone breaks into your house because you show what you got you lost 500 dollars instead of 25.000 :D

Simple trick and the insurance pays the rest. It happened twice to him on his house on Ibiza, Spain where they break in and steal the nice Reps and he laughed because he lost only 3 thousand instead of 60-70 :D

I would like to see the faces of the housebrakers when they go to the next black market dealer and realise they break in for nothing :D

I would lose more money, if someone stole my ZZF 114060, than if they stole my gen 114060 :)

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Jammydodger79

CRANO

Horology Curious
14/4/19

I am impressed with your expertise, sir!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

He asked a reasonable question - because he didn't know the answer.

Instead of becoming hysterical, you could have answered him.

federik91

Renowned Member
3/12/15
First, gen serial numbers are evenly spaced and centered between the minute tic marks.
Mate this is wrong
Before buy my zzf i personally looked at photos of 70 random watches for sale on chrono24,
and 10 of its, had the serial number not centered...i saved one photo of that tens watches...
Ziuw0o.jpg

When one day we are convinced that not even the R Factory is perfect, we will wear our reps with more serenity

Edit: another example on LN version

Last edited:

kevBquick

9/10/18

being in that industry for 20yrs....we don't pay grey market prices. we go to the AD to re- acquire the piece. while it may take a while. insurance company will not pay 18k for a hulk when retail was $9250.

insurance industry is the largest purchaser of jewelry period. we use back channels to acquire pieces. so while it may be hard to find and harder for the public to find. they don't contact one AD at a time there is a channel to acquire pieces for customers. however that being said. you also insure your piece from an appraisal. So if you got an appraisal to say your hulk was 18k in value...we can go up to 18k....we still may be able t acquire the piece for 10k or retail. We don't have to spend all 18k, sure you pay premiums on it. but if need be we will acquire the piece to make you whole.

if its underinsured. you will get a check for the value of the listed premium you paid for. since 99.9% of insurance companies require you to provide an appraisal or receipt....fakes aren't really an issue as it is unlikely you will be able to get them on the insurance policy. only way is a friend who is willing to write your fake up as a real but once the serial doesn't check out. your screwed.

Neil McCauley

Certified
19/10/20
Germany
being in that industry for 20yrs....we don't pay grey market prices. we go to the AD to re- acquire the piece. while it may take a while. insurance company will not pay 18k for a hulk when retail was $9250.

insurance industry is the largest purchaser of jewelry period. we use back channels to acquire pieces. so while it may be hard to find and harder for the public to find. they don't contact one AD at a time there is a channel to acquire pieces for customers. however that being said. you also insure your piece from an appraisal. So if you got an appraisal to say your hulk was 18k in value...we can go up to 18k....we still may be able t acquire the piece for 10k or retail. We don't have to spend all 18k, sure you pay premiums on it. but if need be we will acquire the piece to make you whole.

if its underinsured. you will get a check for the value of the listed premium you paid for. since 99.9% of insurance companies require you to provide an appraisal or receipt....fakes aren't really an issue as it is unlikely you will be able to get them on the insurance policy. only way is a friend who is willing to write your fake up as a real but once the serial doesn't check out. your screwed.

For this reason let the Housebreakers get the Fake one, the genuine in a safe because the headaches with the insurance companies don’t worth it.

Especially when they break twice in your house between 2 years the insurance will prove everything

Reactions: stufuse

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Don’t worry about house breakers now. They take them in the street in daylight

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Don’t worry about house breakers now. They take them in the street in daylight

Indeed. Part of the catalyst as to why I only wear reps now in public in the UK, unless it’s an environment I know I won’t be outside. A man was stabbed to death for his SS Rolex date only President recently, just down the road from me. One of the perpetrators was just sentenced to life in prison for it.

Last edited:

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Indeed. Part of the catalyst as to why I only wear reps now in public in the UK, unless it’s an environment I know I won’t be outside. A man was stabbed to death for his SS Rolex date only President recently, just down the road from me. One of the perpetrators was just sentenced to life in prison for it.

The guy in Greenwich who was with his Mrs?

The issue with that is you’ll still Bring the same unwanted attention and Treatment wearing the reps