• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by blakwa View Post
      and what if the guy bought it in good faith as a gen and is a clueless victim of a fraud?

sure it’s a far stretched assumption but regardless, dealing with the “suspicion” in such manner publicly seems like nazi tactics

i believe people should be treated with respect and have the right to defend themselves but whatever i’m not going into a keyboard fight over this

i just thought RWI members were a little bit more ummm “elite” and enlightened and not as juvenile to call strangers “scum” on the internet and drop their real names
      To post reps on Gen fora or groups is extremely bad taste and heavily frowned upon in the rep community. Yes indeed he could have been scammed and thinks it is real. But if the above post helps to avoid someone thinking it is real and maybe getting scammed in a sale, then it is doing no harm. (I am no expert so I have not even looked, but there are plenty of eagle eyes here who can point out if it is real or not and why.)

Many people come to RWI to research a sought after genuine watch. It is the best resource on reps, gens and comparisons on the interweb. That is indeed how I ended up here.

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
      There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
      ? Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

The Collection: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...of-a-repoholic

Originally posted by Parabuteo;n5110721
      Mods are GREAT at working out things, going to bat for us, and have some tools at their disposal to sanction scammers but they can't ultimately protect us from everything, including losing $ if we are not cautious. The main takeaway is this: we RWI members are participating knowingly in the "wild west" here (which actually thrills me) so...caveat emptor and never spend more than you can afford to lose.

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

Good looking watch... eagle eye OP: where do you see the "ZZF" inscription on his watch?

Comment

95% of all members flex their reps as gens in real life, although of course everyone is saying they are upfront about it. Some do it more than others.

So, nothing new. Carry on.

Comment

I know someone who have genuine ones In Safe at the Bank and good fakes at home, if someone breaks into your house because you show what you got you lost 500 dollars instead of 25.000

Simple trick and the insurance pays the rest. It happened twice to him on his house on Ibiza, Spain where they break in and steal the nice Reps and he laughed because he lost only 3 thousand instead of 60-70

I would like to see the faces of the housebrakers when they go to the next black market dealer and realise they break in for nothing

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Andrej View Post
              I know someone who have genuine ones In Safe at the Bank and good fakes at home, if someone breaks into your house because you show what you got you lost 500 dollars instead of 25.000

Simple trick and the insurance pays the rest. It happened twice to him on his house on Ibiza, Spain where they break in and steal the nice Reps and he laughed because he lost only 3 thousand instead of 60-70

I would like to see the faces of the housebrakers when they go to the next black market dealer and realise they break in for nothing

That’s dumb! Most gen owners buy from AD at retail. Let them steal the gen so insurance would pay you double anyhow!! I’m not one to keep shit in a safe, wear and enjoy everything I buy!

Divers,Chronos and Coffee

Comment

Originally posted by macarone View Post

That’s dumb! Most gen owners buy from AD at retail. Let them steal the gen so insurance would pay you double anyhow!! I’m not one to keep shit in a safe, wear and enjoy everything I buy!

I don’t think that insurance will pay the prices you get now on the market it’s the same with every insurance problem that they pay prices under the market worth.

If you buy a watch 5 years before for example for 11.000 and now on the free market you get 25.000 the insurance will never pay the market price so you lost or you go to the court and spend two years and thousand headaches later more money for your attorney than you get at the end.

However in my opinion good objects and watches for earning money because they are rare is good to keep it safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrej View Post

I don’t think that insurance will pay the prices you get now on the market it’s the same with every insurance problem that they pay prices under the market worth.

If you buy a watch 5 years before for example for 11.000 and now on the free market you get 25.000 the insurance will never pay the market price so you lost or you go to the court and spend two years and thousand headaches later more money for your attorney than you get at the end.

However in my opinion good objects and watches for earning money because they are rare is good to keep it safe.

You can insure it for replacement value regardless of your actual cost, appraisal will confirm value and a premium will be increased to cover.

Divers,Chronos and Coffee

Comment

Originally posted by ABC123 View Post
                    Good looking watch... eagle eye OP: where do you see the "ZZF" inscription on his watch?
                    The ar on cyclops, rehaut

Comment

Originally posted by diamant View Post

The ar on cyclops, rehaut
                      Can you please elaborate? I can't see anything obvious with the AR or cyclops.

I would have picked this for a gen, so would be helpful to know exactly what the issues are so that I know what to look for in future.

I always buy the seller, not the watch, but that's no guarantee.
                      Gen. Rolex Submariner Date 16610 | Gen. Rolex Submariner Date 116610LN | Rep. Rolex Submariner Date 116610 LN (BK v5) | Rep. Rolex Submariner Date 116610LN (WBK) | Rep. GMT II Pro Hunter | Gen. Tag Heuer Link Calibre 36 (CT511A.BA0564) | Gen. Tag Heuer Quartz Link Chrono (CT1111)

Comment

Originally posted by SS72 View Post

I would have picked this for a gen, so would be helpful to know exactly what the issues are so that I know what to look for in future.

Yeah, and you called the REP factory - can you differentiate ZZF's AR vs another factory? Wow! It's like Babe Ruth calling where he's going to put his home run.

Comment

Originally posted by CRANO View Post

Yeah, and you called the REP factory - can you differentiate ZZF's AR vs another factory? Wow! It's like Babe Ruth calling where he's going to put his home run.
                          I've asked diamant a legitimate question -- they highlightred the AR and cyclops as tells that this watch is ZZF / not genuine. It's more that I'd like to know how they can tell the AR / cyclops and rehaut aren't gen.
                          Last edited by SS72; 23-11-20, 02:47. Reason: Corrected: meant to say AR and rehaut in previous comment, not AR and cyclops.
                          Gen. Rolex Submariner Date 16610 | Gen. Rolex Submariner Date 116610LN | Rep. Rolex Submariner Date 116610 LN (BK v5) | Rep. Rolex Submariner Date 116610LN (WBK) | Rep. GMT II Pro Hunter | Gen. Tag Heuer Link Calibre 36 (CT511A.BA0564) | Gen. Tag Heuer Quartz Link Chrono (CT1111)

Comment

The serial number on the rehaut of this watch ID's it as a ZZF. First, gen serial numbers are evenly spaced and centered between the minute tic marks. Second, ZZF serials all begin X 7 L 2, or Y 7 L 2, followed by 4 random characters. ZZF changed the first X to a Y after many complaints about the "double X" due to it being next to the trailing X in R O L E X. Third, ZZF has a unique extra spacing between the L and the 2. There is no question as to the origin of this watch, it is a ZZF, most likely a very late batch V2S as those had the Y serial along with the dial X flaw corrected (not related to the serial number). It could also be a V3 but there are not a lot of those in buyers hands yet.

That this was posted on a gen forum is grounds for it being called out in any way someone wants, IMO.

Last edited by KJ2020; 23-11-20, 02:57.
                            We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
                            GMT Movements Explained
                            BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
                            Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
                            The Fantasy Watch Thread
                            Noob GMT's poor bezel design
                            Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post
                              The serial number on the rehaut of this watch ID's it as a ZZF. First, gen serial numbers are evenly spaced and centered between the minute tic marks. Second, ZZF serials all begin X 7 L 2, or Y 7 L 2, followed by 4 random characters. ZZF changed the first X to a Y after many complaints about the "double X" due to it being next to the trailing X in R O L E X. Third, ZZF has a unique extra spacing between the L and the 2. There is no question as to the origin of this watch, it is a ZZF, most likely a very late batch V2S as those had the Y serial along with the dial X flaw corrected (not related to the serial number). It could also be a V3 but there are not a lot of those in buyers hands yet.

That this was posted on a gen forum is grounds for it being called out in any way someone wants, IMO.
                              Appreciate you taking the time to provide that information. Really helpful and I've learned something new today.

Comment

Originally posted by SS72 View Post

Crown guards also

Comment

Working...
                                X