• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hulk Battle - ZF vs ZZF vs VSF

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
What he said.

And they still haven't upgraded all the descriptions to match the test results in any event!!!

TDs just repeat the mantra fed to them by the factory.

Then by the same token how do we know VSF and ZF aren’t both lying about using the CF insert?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Fair point. I suppose I'm accepting what they said in their press release - where VSF made a big point about using the v3.10 CF insert (or whatever it was called) and provided photos of it etc with that text on. I'd be amazed if they then sent out a different insert. All of the other claims in their press release are true. Whereas other factories just make vague reference to using 'the latest CF insert' without showing photographs that it's the v3.10 or whatever it was.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Fair point. I suppose I'm accepting what they said in their press release - where VSF made a big point about using the v3.10 CF insert (or whatever it was called) and provided photos of it etc with that text on. I'd be amazed if they then sent out a different insert. All of the other claims in their press release are true. Whereas other factories just make vague reference to using 'the latest CF insert' without showing photographs that it's the v3.10 or whatever it was.

Do you have a VSF? It’s suppose to have some sort of “anti-finger print” coating or treatment if I remember correctly from the ad. Does your bezel insert leave finger prints and smudges?

Last edited:

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
3 different HULKS?
ef5c7c546f3f630eb1ff768425496c95.jpg

f9b1ad1d59330ddf01b62bbfbaabdc8b.jpg

2ae0790f4ad4a0ea6114f04fad01f846.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
I spent some time reading through this thread and given the varied opinions, it has convinced me to order the blue one in the middle. Now to just wait for the QC pics.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

CJS57

7/9/20
Can anyone tell something about the Crystal? Does the ZZF crystal Stick more out than the VSF Crystal?

Has something changed - beside the Bracelet - from ZZF V2/V2S to V3?

I have both. ZZF crystal does not stick up at bit like VSF and Gen. Many other changes along the V2 to V2s to V3 progression You would have to have them all to document and the old ones are now history and no one cares.

Neil McCauley

Certified
19/10/20
Germany
VSF looks good but needs a genuine Crystal and Datewheel to come closer to gen

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Millerm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/17
Thank you very much for taking the time to take these pictures! They all look great.

My non-expert impression is that the dial and insert look best on VSF and ZF. VSF has best SEL fitment, but they are all perfectly acceptable. DW seems slightly too thick on VSF but also still acceptable.

Movements may be the biggest differentiating factor between these watches:
- VSF's new VS3135 movement intrigues me and at least looks fantastic in THIS comparison. Reliability or necessity for mods is probably still unknown.
- ZF comes with VR3135
- ZZF v3 is reported as SA3135 on Puretime but VR3135 on Jtime

Last edited:

CJS57

7/9/20
I have VSF and Gen. The VSF crystal is not worth updating. It is that good and about equal to Prof AX and better than ZZZ V3. The dial printing on the VSF is better than ZZFV3 and more Gen like. Same with bezel lume, marker lume and pearl, better on VSF. And I love my ZZFV3 it is really close. My VSF gains 20 seconds a day and one lug is mis-cut at an angle to the SEL. Bracelets are equal all around. VSF has bad rehaut alignment if the matters to you. I have seen some where that is fixed now. The VSF has smoother winding and wins over all for me. Gen is better yet with very, very few and minor faults only seen with 5x loop.

Esaelias

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/18
I have VSF and Gen. The VSF crystal is not worth updating. It is that good and about equal to Prof AX and better than ZZZ V3. The dial printing on the VSF is better than ZZFV3 and more Gen like. Same with bezel lume, marker lume and pearl, better on VSF. And I love my ZZFV3 it is really close. My VSF gains 20 seconds a day and one lug is mis-cut at an angle to the SEL. Bracelets are equal all around. VSF has bad rehaut alignment if the matters to you. I have seen some where that is fixed now. The VSF has smoother winding and wins over all for me. Gen is better yet with very, very few and minor faults only seen with 5x loop.

what has the zzf got better?

CJS57

7/9/20
ZZF makes a No Date and that is better for me, I have the ZZFV3 No Date. Overall the ZZFV3 is equal to VSF in build quality and close to VSF in Gen like attributes. ZZF had/has a much better rehaut. VSF wins for me, but no No Date Sub so I am out of their game for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: d1nomite

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
VSF has nice SEL and case but those hands are just terrible. Rehaut not polished well like ZF and ZZF.

ZF has really nice rehaut and dial but the case itself looks boxy and the SEL are not like vsf. ZF hands from far look good but up close look rough.

ZZF has the best hands out of the 3 and the rehaut is nice like ZFs. The dial looks good too. Better SEL than ZF but not vsf.

Hmmmm this is a tough decision. You really have to pick what you find more important. I'm thinking best option is VSF and add gen hands and you got a solid watch. Or ZZF with gen crystal.

How is the feel of the bracelet for the vsf and ZZF?

Tobel

6/7/17
VSF has nice SEL and case but those hands are just terrible. Rehaut not polished well like ZF and ZZF.

ZF has really nice rehaut and dial but the case itself looks boxy and the SEL are not like vsf. ZF hands from far look good but up close look rough.

ZZF has the best hands out of the 3 and the rehaut is nice like ZFs. The dial looks good too. Better SEL than ZF but not vsf.

Hmmmm this is a tough decision. You really have to pick what you find more important. I'm thinking best option is VSF and add gen hands and you got a solid watch. Or ZZF with gen crystal.

How is the feel of the bracelet for the vsf and ZZF?

Not sure where you saw that the ZF case was boxy?

Reactions: Rel

Tobel

6/7/17
Sorry, a better word would be clunky I guess.... ZF shape reminds me exactly like the ARF.

Ok interesting, I had found them quite good actually, except the crownguards that are ok but not as good as VSF

Reactions: Rel

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Sorry, a better word would be clunky I guess.... ZF shape reminds me exactly like the ARF.

I know what you mean. I'm not sure it's possible to define in measurements, but something about it looks a bit bolder to me.

Reactions: Jayalvin777