• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Rolex 16610 Kermit Insert?

Circarama

Supporter
Certified
21/6/18
Sunny California
I recently purchased a nice used BK 16610LN Submariner from BP factory. I'd like to swap out the black insert for a green one and may eventually even have the dial replaced with the correct one for the Kermit Sub. I searched RWI for a thread that might help, but could't find one so I thought I'd reach out to the membership for help.

I tried to get a JF green insert from Trusty without luck, but I do see several inserts available on eBay and I'm wondering if anyone knows which is the most gen-like available on ebay? There is also a ceramic version which, of course, is fantasy but I'd like to hear if anyone has tried one of those too.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Try asking some TDs for the LV insert, you should be able to get the ARF LV one, not the best, but not bad, at all.

For the dial, get a BP LV dial for 3135 movement, it's very nice

Reactions: Circarama

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
If you do pursue the project, you’ll also need the maxi hands to go with the jumbo dial. Converting a rep LN to a rep LV seems like a lot of hassle - you might be better off waiting for a complete Kermit to come up for sale.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I recently purchased a nice used BK 16610LN Submariner from BP factory. I'd like to swap out the black insert for a green one and may eventually even have the dial replaced with the correct one for the Kermit Sub. I searched RWI for a thread that might help, but could't find one so I thought I'd reach out to the membership for help.

I tried to get a JF green insert from Trusty without luck, but I do see several inserts available on eBay and I'm wondering if anyone knows which is the most gen-like available on ebay? There is also a ceramic version which, of course, is fantasy but I'd like to hear if anyone has tried one of those too.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/8590480-making-this-bp-kermit-better

Circarama

Supporter
Certified
21/6/18
Sunny California
If you do pursue the project, you’ll also need the maxi hands to go with the jumbo dial. Converting a rep LN to a rep LV seems like a lot of hassle - you might be better off waiting for a complete Kermit to come up for sale.

It does seem like a lot of work. Maybe I should buy a new one and have BK swap the movements. :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
It does seem like a lot of work. Maybe I should buy a new one and have BK swap the movements. :shrug:

problem is that the ARF kermit is trash basically, you'll have to change crystal, DW, maybe click spring for the bezel and dial maybe

Circarama

Supporter
Certified
21/6/18
Sunny California

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Thanks so much for sharing that link! Very informative post. The only downside was no link to a good insert.

I did a little looking on eBay and found one with the right shade of lime green. Take a look...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GREEN-KERMI....m46890.l49292

I thought

KJ2020 put a link to an insert in there? He’s probably best placed to advise on improving this watch...

Myself, I’m going to transfer the insides of my ARF sub over soon. I got a 2824 version of the BP.

I too would like a darker insert to the lime one. I know the lume will be the wrong colour, but I can live with that...

Last edited:

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
I actually did the same and swapped a ARF 2824 set into a TC case, I still have that set, but I’m swapping back to 3135 with the correct dial and hands, couldn’t do the mismatched lume.

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
There also is a nice insert on eBay, if I can find the link I’ll post it. But the color isn’t perfect. The ARF insert has that weird hangman on the 20.

Last edited:

mrln

Supporter
25/11/20
EU
Time to pull the thread out of the sunken...
I am facing the same problem. Have purchased the following inlay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/184325071457?hash=item2aeaa16261
Quality is great! But I want to mount it on a Ginault OR1. And here comes the problem. The Insert is too thick. Can't put it pressure fit into the bezel-ring with a click.

Does anyone have experience with an OR1 regarding an insert? I think I definitely need a thinner one.

Thanks!