• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Rolex Smurf

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Modder on repgeek pulled it off on a hulk with great results. Going to reach out to him for his secret lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayalvin777

BlakeMcJake

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/20
Disappointing if you want to slap a light brown leather band on it - which it looks incredible with.

From my experience It’s not the bracelet that amps it up. It’s the dial. No one commented on the bracelet, only the dial.

Know where to find any photos of this? It sounds like a knockout combination!

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Disappointing if you want to slap a light brown leather band on it - which it looks incredible with.

From my experience It’s not the bracelet that amps it up. It’s the dial. No one commented on the bracelet, only the dial.

I have a GMT LN now and I was never a big fan. Also I wear a lot of Panerai and for the most part, people I see regularly are completely oblivious to watches. But when I got them GMT, I put it in and got the most remarks in one day from a new watch in a long time. Now it is not like the comments were about usually wearing a Panerai. I have several Rolex models which I wear a lot and they were all black dial for the most part.

I put on the GMT and like 9 people commented in 2 days and it wasn't "nice Rolex", Instead they were all something like "oh, did you get a shiny watch?" and it is those centerlinks - they catch and reflect light and look really shinny catching people's attention.

Reactions: SuperBatman

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
As much as I love this color and VSF quality, I cannot pull off a watch that is supposed to be WG. I need to get richer first lol

Reactions: jiro

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
I love the VSF Smurf, really do, it is so Gen like. However, with my tiny 6.3/4 wrist, I am actually finding it quite heavy!! Hahahaha

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
As much as I love this color and VSF quality, I cannot pull off a watch that is supposed to be WG. I need to get richer first lol

I don't understand this "pull off" thing.
Who's going to call you up on a watch?
A friend, a family member? If they ask you, you don't say it's a replica watch?
I have 20+ watches and was never called upon any of them.
The ones who comment about them are my close friends and family (maybe 3 or 4 people only), and to them I say it's a replica and try to explain why I love replica watches so much.

To the rest of the world, I couldn't care less.
Lol.

Buy the watch if you love it.
Buy it for your pleasure, not to "pull it off".

"He has a 30k rolex, he must be rich!" :D

That's not the way...

Cheers

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
It isn't that I tell people I wear a real watch but like how a 10 year old wouldn't bring a Chanel handbag to school, I don't think this watch is something that would suit me.

​​​​

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
d81194d16b8f14355e116d8bed0faaea.jpg

Not a smurf nor trying to Tone it down in cost but a simple band swap brings it too a sporty look. Vrf with arf band.

Hazing

9/5/19
I don't understand this "pull off" thing.
Who's going to call you up on a watch?
A friend, a family member? If they ask you, you don't say it's a replica watch?
I have 20+ watches and was never called upon any of them.
The ones who comment about them are my close friends and family (maybe 3 or 4 people only), and to them I say it's a replica and try to explain why I love replica watches so much.

To the rest of the world, I couldn't care less.
Lol.

Buy the watch if you love it.
Buy it for your pleasure, not to "pull it off".

"He has a 30k rolex, he must be rich!" :D

That's not the way...

Cheers
I get this. I do. I always felt that reps are great especially when they're worked into a collection with a few gen pieces but to each their own.

But I get it. I always only liked to wear watches that I could afford. I don't like wearing ridiculously expensive and complicated pieces too. And this isn't about what others think. This is just me.

But I am. Coming around and starting to enjoy a few pieces I could never afford lol like the limited Mike Horn 985.

That's the fun with reos actually - enjoying a watch you normally might not be able to. Also I think it much easier to say "yes this $150,000 (or in this case, $35 to 45k rep) watch is a replica" as opposed to "this $5000 watch is a replica that I spent $3500 putting together".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mille M

Hazing

9/5/19
d81194d16b8f14355e116d8bed0faaea.jpg

Not a smurf nor trying to Tone it down in cost but a simple band swap brings it too a sporty look. Vrf with arf band.

Looks good buddy.

I must admit that the 'bling' of the PCL id Actually somethibg that it is starting to grow on me. I used to not like that model for this exact reason but now I like it.

But could you post a Pic or two of your GMT straight on with the brushed bracelet? thank you.

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Looks good buddy.

I must admit that the 'bling' of the PCL id Actually somethibg that it is starting to grow on me. I used to not like that model for this exact reason but now I like it.

But could you post a Pic or two of your GMT straight on with the brushed bracelet? thank you.

a73538a84dcc30450ec7329a76d2e671.jpg

Reactions: BOSSK and Hazing

Hazing

9/5/19
a73538a84dcc30450ec7329a76d2e671.jpg

That looks really good. I know you have a number of gmt's thay go way back but this looks amazingly good. I'm assuming it's a new model? I didn't even know vsf was making a BLNR. Or is this a convert?

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
If you're a 10-year-old girl you should probably choose a different watch.

So here is an example I think that illustrates my point the best.

When I was looking for a car 3 years ago, I had the option to buy a used Maserati or a used Mercedes GLK for the same price (around $30k usd each). I went with the Mercedes which was way more in line with who I am.

If you're a Maserati guy, good for you. I can't pull off a Maserati even if I can afford it used.

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
So here is an example I think that illustrates my point the best.

When I was looking for a car 3 years ago, I had the option to buy a used Maserati or a used Mercedes GLK for the same price (around $30k usd each). I went with the Mercedes which was way more in line with who I am.

If you're a Maserati guy, good for you. I can't pull off a Maserati even if I can afford it used.

Ok, I understand now.
You don't think you're good enough.
That's called "inferiority complex". You think too much on what others will say or think!

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Ok, I understand now.
You don't think you're good enough.
That's called "inferiority complex". You think too much on what others will say or think!

Haha maybe, I am okay with you thinking that. I just see it as not needing to pretend like I am richer than I am. Most reps I buy, I can afford the gens if I really wanted to. My theory is that instead of owning 1 nice gen, I would rather have multiple watches. Maybe one day I can comfortably pull off a Smurf. Also maybe I am getting there sooner than I realize. I turned 40 last year.

One thing I never do is to lie about my watch being a replica. This is the only point I wanted to clarify on that someone accused me of above. When people do comment on my watches (although rare) I tell them they are reps and they are mesmerized by how real my watches look.

Sorry to take up a page on this lol.