• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question Gen dial Daytona

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Dear all,

I was wondering about the importance of dial feet. I can buy a gen Daytona dial, however, it's missing one foot. Is it still possible to mount this dial into a Noob case? Help of een expert would be highly appreciated.

Enjoy your day.

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Well, the dial feet help you to hold the dial in the correct position on the movement. Maybe one dial feet is enough and it will work without any mods.

If it will not work you still have two other options:

1. Let your watchsmith or modder solder a replacement foot to the dial. This ist possible, but requires a little skill.
2. Let your watchsmith or modder cut the other foot and glue the dial to the movement. A lot of modders do this with ARF dials on Noob Daytonas as the ARF feet are in the wrong Position. This is cost
effective, but you lower the resale value of the Gen dial.

So if the price for the gen dial is good, I would buy it and discuss the Options with my modder/watchsmith. He can work out a satisfying solution for you!

Last edited:

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Well, the dial feet help you to hold the dial in the correct position on the movement. Maybe one dial feet is enough and it will work without any mods.

If it will not work you still have two other options:

1. Let your watchsmith or modder solder a replacement foot to the dial. This ist possible, but requires a little skill.
2. Let your watchsmith or modder cut the other foot and glue the dial to the movement. A lot of modders do this with ARF dials on Noob Daytonas as the ARF feet are in the wrong Position. This is cost
effective, but you lower the resale value of the Gen dial.

So if the price for the gen dial is good, I would buy it and discuss the Options with my modder/watchsmith. He can work out a satisfying solution for you!

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Much appreciated!